NFL 2020

FormerLurker

Royal blue and Kelly green is an amazing, never fail color scheme. It's criminal that its only being currently used by one team in the major four sports, the NHL Canucks.

The Seahawks, Timber Wolves, Whalers, and Mavericks, all looked their best while wearing this color scheme.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Whalers looked their best in navy/silver/kelly, the Seahawks then looked like a poor man's Lions, and both the Mavs and T-Wolves looked pretty bad early on. The Canucks, however, do look great. I don't think the color palette is as foolproof as you make it out to be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Agreed. Kelly/Royal is hard to get right. The Mavs screwed it up, the Timberwolves looked bland/had to use double outlines, the Whalers never nailed the jerseys, and the Seahawks looked just OK (I like the more modern designs). 

The Canucks are the only team that’s really nailed it. The Whalers were close to nailing it initially, but fumbled it with the jerseys.

Head-to-toe kelly green is hard to pull off. Maybe it's an optical illusion, but the hem stripes always seemed too high, too. Not their best, certainly not the best in league history. Navy is a more conservative base color, the green and silver jumped off it well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Whalers should have always started with a royal jersey. And the green should have been a little darker, a la the Canucks. That’s the reason they’ve done so well with those colors. 

The Whalers also could have done navy without the silver, and they wouldn’t have cluttered one of the best logo in sports. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

27 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Am I seeing things or did the Cowboys change the shade of their pants?

2019-

spacer.png

Today-

spacer.png

On my tv, the pants look even more blueish-green than ever. Almost a light teal-like color that's an extremely major contrast from the clearly silver helmets. Looks so awful.

7 minutes ago, McCall said:

On my tv, the pants look even more blueish-green than ever. Almost a light teal-like color that's an extremely major contrast from the clearly silver helmets. Looks so awful.

If the Helmets were more blue like the silver-blue pants in that photo, along with royal helmet accents, this would be a fantastic update for the cowboys, and one that most people wouldn’t even notice, so there wouldn’t be much backlash from the ultra-traditional fans. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

13 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

If the Helmets were more blue like the silver-blue pants in that photo, along with royal helmet accents, this would be a fantastic update for the cowboys, and one that most people wouldn’t even notice, so there wouldn’t be much backlash from the ultra-traditional fans. 

I was watching the game and notice the pants looked more blue-silver rather than the seafoam green. I’m wondering if this was a uniform change that went under the radar.

58 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Am I seeing things or did the Cowboys change the shade of their pants?

2019-

spacer.png

Today-

spacer.png

I actually came hear to mention this.  I'm glad it's not just me.

They definitely look much more blue than before.

Hmmmmm.......

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

33 minutes ago, McCall said:

On mine they match the photo that DNAsports posted.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived