Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The NFL hasn’t required tv numbers on throwbacks for years. Now we know they don’t require them on regular uniforms anymore either. 

We should have seen the signs considering New England didn’t have TV numbers on their Color Rush when it debuted in 2016 and that was an alternate, not a throwback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So easy... metallic blue-silver helmet. Matching color for the pants. Use the current white jersey and a royal blue version of it when you're forced.

 

If Kansas State can pull this off, so can the Cowboys:

 

ou-v-kansas-state-football.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta still rockin the pajamas I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My execution isn't the best since I did this in paint and I am sure the shade of orange is also off. But I feel as though orange inside the red improves this look. 

It maybe doesn't for jersey sales. But I think it does on the field

4ghcph.jpg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

There's no improving head-to-toe warm grey

 

That's it!  This comment finally let me figure out what that color reminded me of.

 

 

The Rams' road uniform is the color of New England Clam Chowder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriots did that in 14/15. They updated the wordmark, but didn't change the endzone or the mark on the chest of the jersey until the next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, insert name said:

So the Colts have a new script logo but still uses the old one on the endzone? 

If it's stitched in, they'd have to order new end zones. I believe they are. Previously the Big Ten painted over them for the championship but now they have their own set of end zones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's funny one of the Cowboys' 84 colors (or is it 83 or 85 due to Nike's change to the new powder blue pants color?) is actually black, yet the Nike logo on the sleeves is blue. But they were able to shoehorn in a black logo on the Colts' uniforms when it previously wasn't part of their simpler palette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Hot take from my Dad in reference to the Browns bulldog logo:

 

”What’s that pile of s***?”


Well, I mean, they are... The Browns 🕶

 

I always thought the B-football would be a good helmet logo. I’m pro helmet logo in general for them. If your team’s history is so tragic, just let go of trying to be so “traditional”. Keep the current uni style because it looks good and put something on the damn helmet. The franchise needs a good luck charm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2020 at 12:39 AM, aawagner011 said:

We should have seen the signs considering New England didn’t have TV numbers on their Color Rush when it debuted in 2016 and that was an alternate, not a throwback.


True, but Color Rush were always supposed to be unusual. Eliminating the tv number requirement from regular uniforms is still a significant step.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the lack of tv numbers due to new designs or actual uniform cuts? IIRC, a lot of teams had tv numbers on the sleeve but didn’t the bears and chiefs move them to shoulder due to uniform cut? I mean, the panthers tv numbers might be the size of helmet numbers now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hormone said:

Is the lack of tv numbers due to new designs or actual uniform cuts? IIRC, a lot of teams had tv numbers on the sleeve but didn’t the bears and chiefs move them to shoulder due to uniform cut? I mean, the panthers tv numbers might be the size of helmet numbers now.

IIRC, it was revealed that Cleveland lobbied for no TV numbers on their new redesign CR, but were told no because those were mandated. Yet, both LA teams and New England were apparently exempt from this rule when designing their new uniforms.

 

As for Carolina, if I were them, I’d remove the sleeve logo, move the numbers down to that spot and enlarge them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

IIRC, it was revealed that Cleveland lobbied for no TV numbers on their new redesign CR, but were told no because those were mandated. Yet, both LA teams and New England were apparently exempt from this rule when designing their new uniforms.

 

As for Carolina, if I were them, I’d remove the sleeve logo, move the numbers down to that spot and enlarge them.

The Chargers have the numbers on the helmet which I think bypasses that. Rams only have it for their dishwater set which is odd. 

 

But yeah, TV numbers should be a requirement I feel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

The Chargers have the numbers on the helmet which I think bypasses that. Rams only have it for their dishwater set which is odd. 

 

But yeah, TV numbers should be a requirement I feel. 

Yeah I’m fine with the Chargers for that reason. The Rams set is just odd all across the board. I’m okay with New England, but they present the same problem as Carolina. The TV numbers up on the shoulders would be way too small. Removal of the repetitive logo is the key.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Yeah I’m fine with the Chargers for that reason. The Rams set is just odd all across the board. I’m okay with New England, but they present the same problem as Carolina. The TV numbers up on the shoulders would be way too small. Removal of the repetitive logo is the key.

Replace the Elvis on the sleeve with the numbers and we are good. Never been a fan of a sleeve logo being the same as the helmet logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Replace the Elvis on the sleeve with the numbers and we are good. Never been a fan of a sleeve logo being the same as the helmet logo. 

 

I think it looks silly on the falcons uniforms, where you have the falcons logo all nice and big on the helmet, then on the sleeve they have a tiny falcon.

Like either put numbers on there, or an alternative logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Striping could work too, but not if it's the "speed" side striping. That sucks. It looks bad on both them and the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.