NFL 2020

FormerLurker

56 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I agree and with the logo already on the helmet, there should not be another one right below it. 

Several franchises got it right in the '90s with their redesigns by putting a different logo on the sleeves than the helmet. Obvious examples were the rams and eagles with their unique helmet designs which made sense but you had the jags, bucs, ravens etc that came up with decent secondary logos that looked good on a sleeve. Examples of what not to do during that era were the niners and panthers repeating the same logo on head, shoulder, and hip.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I’m watching DEN-NYJ pregame.

What the hell is going on.... Denver’s white jerseys are yet another instance of the white looking off. This time they look light grey. This has to be an issue with the cameras.

They look clearly white to me

11 minutes ago, dont care said:

They look clearly white to me

I guess it was just that one shot, but they didn’t look pure white at all.

EDIT: I keep seeing it. Especially with Brett Rypien’s jersey. It’s gotta be my eyes or the cameras playing tricks on me.

16 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

EDIT: I keep seeing it. Especially with Brett Rypien’s jersey. It’s gotta be my eyes or the cameras playing tricks on me.

Maybe it’s your tv because they are Snow White on mine

46 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Slight gray hue on my TV...probably due to stadium lighting. Jets numbers have the same tint. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:06 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Each NFL uniform is already unique without adding the logo to it. TV numbers serve a purpose for some of us in identifying players.

I watch a lot of football and I don't feel as if I have ever identified a player by their TV number even one time. You can almost always see either their front or back. The shoulders are fine for TV numbers anyways. I just think it's weird that some NFL jerseys don't have any identifying marks on them at all. No other sport has anything like that. No wordmark, no logo, no nothing. I think in the NFL that shouldn't be the case, except in some instances due to tradition.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

16 minutes ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Gawd, the Jets look horrible. 

Trends in aesthetics seem to arc like a pendulum... always swinging that bit-too-far, before starting to change direction.

Hopefully, the all-black uniform trend is in the last stage of its arc. 

Not when the Saints keep trolling everyone.

7 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Gawd, the Jets look horrible. 

Trends in aesthetics seem to arc like a pendulum... always swinging that bit-too-far, before starting to change direction.

Hopefully, the all-black uniform trend is in the last stage of its arc. 

The all black is arguably their best look, IMO. Need to swap black socks for green, but other than that it looks great.

Jets looked like clowns.  So did the Denver players that were wearing the extra long t-shirts.  There can't be any advantage to wearing them, so it's just a 'follow the trend' type thing that makes these dummies look even dumber.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Jets looked like clowns.  So did the Denver players that were wearing the extra long t-shirts.  There can't be any advantage to wearing them, so it's just a 'follow the trend' type thing that makes these dummies look even dumber.

Now this is a trend I don't understand. In a sport where in theory you'd want all clothing to be as tight as possible to prevent holding. It seems like it would be uncomfortable and during cold weather games, not as warm as compression gear. 

Nothing looks worse than a super tight jersey and then a long sleeve baggy tee under it. Would be like someone going out in public and wearing compression shorts over their sweatpants. 

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Now this is a trend I don't understand. In a sport where in theory you'd want all clothing to be as tight as possible to prevent holding. It seems like it would be uncomfortable and during cold weather games, not as warm as compression gear. 

Nothing looks worse than a super tight jersey and then a long sleeve baggy tee under it. Would be like someone going out in public and wearing compression shorts over their sweatpants. 

Aside from looking worse, it clearly has a huge disadvantage for the player wearing it. I mean, without an undershirt, this play is a 5 yard gain instead of a sack

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

I don’t think I’d mind the Jets’ black uniforms that much if they wore them with white pants (G/B/W). Black mono is way too much, though. 

Another mark against the black mono is that the green doesn’t contrast as strongly against black on fabric. At least with white pants, the green stripe would be more clearly seen and could help bring out the green in the set a little more.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived