NFL 2020

FormerLurker

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Obviously it’s a consistency issue, but you definitely have to stare at those two pictures for an extended period of time to truly distinguish one colored swoosh from the other. By no means is it really “bad”. Just unfortunate.

I think it's the most pointless addition of black to a pro uniform that I've ever seen. It makes no sense unless you are trying to add black to the official team palette. Also if they want to have white socks bring back the striped ones from the 80's.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Obviously it’s a consistency issue, but you definitely have to stare at those two pictures for an extended period of time to truly distinguish one colored swoosh from the other. By no means is it really “bad”. Just unfortunate.

It looks bad because it’s a total lack of attention to detail.

48 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

It looks bad because it’s a total lack of attention to detail.

It’s a detail so small that it’s not even worth making a huge fuss about. It’s the manufacturer’s logo. 99% of the time no one is gonna zone-in on the swoosh and lose their :censored: because one is a different color compared to another one somewhere on the uniform. Sure it’s a lack of attention to detail, but again, considering how minuscule this detail is compared to the overall picture, it’s nothing worth getting irritated by.

On 10/11/2020 at 11:40 AM, QCS said:

Watching the Panthers game, and it just reaffirms my dislike of the Falcons' uniforms. The numbers are huge and the massive ATL doesn't help at all. The side-shadow is similarly dumb and the glossy helmet and chrome facemask also look bad. 

The numbers are standard size.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I trust you that the numbers are the standard height and width, but there's definitely something about their square shape and bulky profile that makes it feel like they take up more jersey real estate than the average team's numbers.

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

If this is true (which I'm sure it is, I trust you) then it makes the ATL even dumber because it negatively affects the numbers as well. And as oldschoolvikings said, because of how blocky they are they look like they take up a massive amount of space on the jersey. Just god-awful decision-making from the Falcons and Nike. Really not looking forward to seeing the red gradient monstrosity in action whenever that takes place.

the user formerly known as cdclt

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It’s a detail so small that it’s not even worth making a huge fuss about. It’s the manufacturer’s logo. 99% of the time no one is gonna zone-in on the swoosh and lose their :censored: because one is a different color compared to another one somewhere on the uniform. Sure it’s a lack of attention to detail, but again, considering how minuscule this detail is compared to the overall picture, it’s nothing worth getting irritated by.

Which makes the change even worse, that it’s so minuscule.  

And obviously nike doesn’t think it’s pointless, since they went to the trouble of making the change. 

On 10/14/2020 at 10:40 PM, Chawls said:

Which minimalist Jaguars uniform was better? This…

spacer.png

… or this?

spacer.png

Top one is better from the neck down, but bottom had the better helmet (and logo, for that matter). I’ve said this before, but the teal flake is one of my all-time favorite football helmets and should have survived.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 10/15/2020 at 8:33 AM, JayMac said:

That prototype of the Jaguars was by no means better but it would have been interesting to have gold and silver mix. The only teams that I know of that have had both gold and silver are in the college ranks...Idaho and Colorado. 

Never Forget The Knights

spacer.png

Switching gears for a moment...

...In looking again at those things the Titans call unifor--just look at this:

Screen-Shot-2020-09-04-at-8.24.24-AM.png

usa_today_13546307.jpg

Who else sees what's glaringly wrong here? And yet somehow these things passed muster to make it onto an NFL jersey...if that don't look backwards as all get-out...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 10/15/2020 at 12:40 AM, Chawls said:

Which minimalist Jaguars uniform was better? This…

spacer.png

… or this?

spacer.png

spacer.png

THIS!

Teal jersey, white pants, and black helmet. I love how the black helmets back then had the teal speckle in it and when the light hits it... wow! I miss that, why not bring that back? I also like the unique numbers and piping. This is the best uniform in Jaguars history.

I like what they have no for sure. After the previous abominations they need to keep it this way for now.

More teal. Less black. No gold!

8 hours ago, Buc said:

Who else sees what's glaringly wrong here? And yet somehow these things passed muster to make it onto an NFL jersey...if that don't look backwards as all get-out...

After the first image, I thought your point was that someone made a one-off mistake and put the 1s on backwards.  But if that’s the way they are? Someone needs to have their decision-making power stripped. That’s just awful. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, Buc said:

usa_today_13546307.jpg

That looks like a mistake

2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

spacer.png

If this photo doesn't tell the entire story of the Jaguars franchise...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, Buc said:

usa_today_13546307.jpg

These photos also point out another interesting quirk that I've picked up on with the Titans-- the spacing of the numbers is not consistent whatsoever. Look at how far apart that the 1's are in the top image vs. how closely they sit in the bottom image. I don't know if it's an equipment manager eroor or manufacturer error but it's really strange.

spacer.png

Archived