NFL 2020

FormerLurker

4 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

Sorry, I missed something happening. Why was Teal shut down? I've seen him post for a while and he seemed to be credible

He stated that the Falcons would be getting new uniforms this year.  The mods flipped and said he was full of :censored:.  He was told not to to post in these threads again.  

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Volt said:

He stated that the Falcons would be getting new uniforms this year.  The mods flipped and said he was full of :censored:.  He was told not to to post in these threads again.  

If he just said that the Falcons would get new uniforms everything would be fine.  Instead, every one of his "leaks" goes like this:

A SURPRISE TEAM IS CHANGING!

Not that one!

Not that one either!

Nope, still not that one!

(hours later)

I can't confirm nor deny!

He's also been wrong several times in the past so when another mod asked him to privately clue us into his source so we knew he wasn't just trolling he refused and disappeared.

VmWIn6B.png

16 minutes ago, Volt said:

The mods flipped and said he was full of :censored:. 

I don't recall anyone saying he was full of :censored:

I remember us being sick of his guessing games. The events that unfolded were...

Teal: Guys! A team's getting new unis but I can't say! 

Everyone: Oh boy! guesses every team not already rumoured

Mods: Teal, if you have info share it. Don't make yourself the centre of attention. 

Teal: It's the Falcons 

Had he just come out and said "I have an insider scoop on the Falcons getting new unis" it would have been fine. It was his initial refusal to mention the team, so he could be the centre of a guessing game, that annoyed us. 

EDIT- LMU beat me to it, but I'm keeping my post up. It warrants being said again given how some people are already twisting what happened. 

I get it, it's annoying when people claim to have insider knowledge and it's BS, but Teal seemed to be right most of the time, just like some of the regulars that have been on this board for the past decade, and I get sometimes they can't reveal too much or say where things come from and "trust me on this one" is tough to trust on the internet.  I say give him another chance, as long as he isn't cocky about things

16 minutes ago, LMU said:

If he just said that the Falcons would get new uniforms everything would be fine.  Instead, every one of his "leaks" goes like this:

A SURPRISE TEAM IS CHANGING!

Not that one!

Not that one either!

Nope, still not that one!

(hours later)

I can't confirm nor deny!

He's also been wrong several times in the past so when another mod asked him to privately clue us into his source so we knew he wasn't just trolling he refused and disappeared.

That little guessing game was actually kind of fun.  Until y'all ruined it!  God, so serious...

7 hours ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

No hyperbole here. I'm genuinely passionate about how bad I think the current Eagles uniforms and Eagle head logo are.

And yes, they had black as a sparingly used accent color for the outlines of things, But, after 1996, they followed the mid/late 1990's trend and went ham with the black, tarting up the numbers, wing logos, and face masks with it on the midnight green monstrosities.

The Eagles would have been much better off with a slight update/modernization of the Randall Cunningham era unforms and flying Eagle logo. Hopefully, they do it with the upcoming updates that are being hinted at in the not too distant future.

There's some neon green going on the Eagles website...it's probably nothing, but it seems to come out of nowhere. The NFC East Champions logo also had neon green (at least the ones I saw* did). I thought it was just the theme for this year's playoffs, but I can't seem to find it on any other team's website. Like i said, probably nothing, but maybe neon green could work it's way into the current scheme? I kinda like the double green, honestly, provided it's used sparingly. I'd still prefer kelly green.

ydol4a7mfxjiikwamqfz

EN2w94VWsAIrXGq?format=jpg&name=small

*To clarify, I have absolutely no inside information, but I work for an Eagles sponsor and received the division champions logo to create signs and web banners etc.

17 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

I get it, it's annoying when people claim to have insider knowledge and it's BS, but Teal seemed to be right most of the time, just like some of the regulars that have been on this board for the past decade, and I get sometimes they can't reveal too much or say where things come from and "trust me on this one" is tough to trust on the internet.  I say give him another chance, as long as he isn't cocky about things

Insider info is one thing. No one i moderation ever took issue with it. It was childish need to use said info to be the centre of attention that rubbed us the wrong way. 

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

Insider info is one thing. No one i moderation ever took issue with it. It was childish need to use said info to be the centre of attention that rubbed us the wrong way. 

Exactly. That kind of crap belongs on Reddit...

22 minutes ago, Shumway said:

There's some neon green going on the Eagles website...it's probably nothing, but it seems to come out of nowhere. The NFC East Champions logo also had neon green (at least the ones I saw* did). I thought it was just the theme for this year's playoffs, but I can't seem to find it on any other team's website. Like i said, probably nothing, but maybe neon green could work it's way into the current scheme? I kinda like the double green, honestly, provided it's used sparingly. I'd still prefer kelly green.

ydol4a7mfxjiikwamqfz

Team Exec 1: "The fans are clamoring for kelly green"

Team Exec 2: "No that's too easy, lets give them opposite ends of the green spectrum, then we'll say were moving forward while respecting the past"

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

33 minutes ago, Shumway said:

ydol4a7mfxjiikwamqfz

EN2w94VWsAIrXGq?format=jpg&name=small

*To clarify, I have absolutely no inside information, but I work for an Eagles sponsor and received the division champions logo to create signs and web banners etc.

That’s been the theme for the Eagles’ graphics all season. In a prior season (can’t recall which one off the top of my head) they used two different tones of the midnight green. I don’t think it’s anything more than their social media team deciding on a graphics package for the year. 

1 minute ago, Volt said:

You owe the guy an apology.  Privately or publicly. 

For what? This idea that we flipped out at the guy for merely saying he had insider info, or for saying the Falcons were changing, isn't accurate. We disliked how he was using the fact that he had insider info to make himself the centre of attention.

And signalling @Atomic is unfair. He was the guy who told teal to cut it out but the rest of us pretty much agreed that teal was acting like a kid using rumours on the playground to make himself the centre of attention.

That he was proven right is immaterial, because the fact that he had knowledge of a Falcons change was never our issue in the first place.

1 hour ago, bowld said:

Going to be a fun off-season for us uni nerds. We already know about Rams, Falcons, Bucs and Browns, we might see changes to the Chargers and who knows what else in terms of alternates 

When was this confirmed? I thought it was talk for maybe after the 2020/21 season, but not this year?

3 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

When was this confirmed? I thought it was talk for maybe after the 2020/21 season, but not this year?

Yeah, I think people are jumping the gun on the Bucs. We probably have one more season of the worst NFL uniforms ever, at least.

13 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Apparently the team store said the Bucs' change was happening this year, according to @imawalkingcorpse (see bottom of page 5 of this thread)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived