NFL 2020

FormerLurker

I like the matte fabrics Nike uses for the most part. They give teams very consistent and rich colors. I hated the green the Eagles use until the new fabrics really breathed some new life into it and made it brighter. Likewise, I like how how the pewter pants look for Tampa. I wasn't a fan of the sheen fabrics. Even the new pewter jersey looks good.

Also, Tampa should use red socks.

GB1v54W.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/16/2020 at 2:05 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Top one is better from the neck down, but bottom had the better helmet (and logo, for that matter). I’ve said this before, but the teal flake is one of my all-time favorite football helmets and should have survived.

Agreed, but if I had to make a couple minor alterations to the Jaguars' teal flake helmets, I'd:

1. Make the facemask solid black, and

2. Make the transparent (read: normally black) parts of Jacksonville's helmet decals black, not transparent.

That way, you get the contrast on the logo and facemask out in the sunlight when the helmet appears more teal.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:28 PM, Buc said:

Switching gears for a moment...

...In looking again at those things the Titans call unifor--just look at this:

Screen-Shot-2020-09-04-at-8.24.24-AM.png

usa_today_13546307.jpg

Who else sees what's glaringly wrong here? And yet somehow these things passed muster to make it onto an NFL jersey...if that don't look backwards as all get-out...

I don't know why NFL teams and/or Nike seem to keep thinking that pit stains look good. It's almost like they are trying to cram in every color onto the jersey. You also know that a number font is bad when you have to widen/narrow it depending on the number color and the field it's on, too. The swords/shoulder yokes also need to be a solid color, and preferably in the light blue/navy/red color scheme.

That said, as long as the Titans are wearing navy blue lids, the light blue tops over the dark blue bottoms is the best look; it still baffles me that Tennessee often chooses to go all-navy (which is much like Seattle and now, at least from the neck down, New England) when they have a decent combo like Navy/Light Blue/Navy at their disposal.

(Of course, I don't know why the Titans have never really used more red.)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

35 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

For some reason, I have it in my mind that these 49ers uniforms are throwbacks of a throwback. Like, I know these uniforms are a throwback to 1994, but were worn in 1994 as a throwback to some earlier time.

Is that the case?

That's cause that's what it is? 94 was the 75 NFL season. All teams wore throwbacks. These niners throwbacks are a throwback to 94 throwing back to '55.

These look really bad without the red striped socks.

21 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Agreed, but if I had to make a couple minor alterations to the Jaguars' teal flake helmets, I'd:

1. Make the facemask solid black, and

2. Make the transparent (read: normally black) parts of Jacksonville's helmet decals black, not transparent.

That way, you get the contrast on the logo and facemask out in the sunlight when the helmet appears more teal.

I don't know why NFL teams and/or Nike seem to keep thinking that pit stains look good. It's almost like they are trying to cram in every color onto the jersey. You also know that a number font is bad when you have to widen/narrow it depending on the number color and the field it's on, too. The swords/shoulder yokes also need to be a solid color, and preferably in the light blue/navy/red color scheme.

That said, as long as the Titans are wearing navy blue lids, the light blue tops over the dark blue bottoms is the best look; it still baffles me that Tennessee often chooses to go all-navy (which is much like Seattle and now, at least from the neck down, New England) when they have a decent combo like Navy/Light Blue/Navy at their disposal.

(Of course, I don't know why the Titans have never really used more red.)

What other teams used put stains other than Tennessee? 

On 10/18/2020 at 11:24 PM, GDAWG said:

Watching the Rams/49ers game, I don't recall if the Rams have yellow socks in their uniform when they changed it.

They have not introduced them for the current set. They did wear them with their color rush uniform the last few years. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

They have not introduced them for the current set. They did wear them with their color rush uniform the last few years. 

spacer.png

Even the model on this drawing looks like he's embarrassed to be dressed in this mess. I know the last few years was a bit of a nightmare look for the Rams, but I would much rather take that back than them continue to look like this. This has become a careful what you wish for situation same with Atlanta.

23 hours ago, nuordr said:

spacer.png

It's sad that an official team graphic shows them wearing cycling shorts, mummy-wrapping socks, and those stupid t-shirts.  Hell - the dufuses on the right clearly have their bone jerseys pulled up just to expose the white undershirt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

It's sad that an official team graphic shows them wearing cycling shorts, mummy-wrapping socks, and those stupid t-shirts.  Hell - the dufuses on the right clearly have their bone jerseys pulled up just to expose the white undershirt.

Ehh... Just let people express themselves how they please. Do I think it looks stupid and provides an easier way to be grabbed and slung around? Yes, I do. But I probably wear or have worn some dumb stuff in the name of looking cool and I'm glad people weren't paying enough attention to me to care.

Archived