NFL 2020

FormerLurker

49 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

So dumb by the Titans. If you’re going to thicken the font to make it more ledgible on one jersey, then just do it for all of them

That and don’t have dark blue numbers on a light blue jersey in the first place. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Yikes, I can see why they thickened those. I have to say, though (unpopular opinion time), I’ve always kind of liked the style of that number font. Very Greek-looking to my eyes. 

I actually like that style too -- not always, but sometimes it works.  The problem is the 3's almost never look good.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 10/18/2020 at 6:54 PM, ltjets21 said:

Why can the 49ers fit 3 stripes on the throwbacks but not on the normal jerseys?

I've found that really strange.  The Bears have no issues with fitting three stripes on their jerseys, yet the Niners chose to rip off Nebraska instead.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, Discrim said:

I've found that really strange.  The Bears have no issues with fitting three stripes on their jerseys, yet the Niners chose to rip off Nebraska instead.

Roger Craig and Tom Rathman probably lobbied for it. ;)

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The answer is simple.  They don’t want three stripes on the sleeves.  

Is "they" Nike or the Niners?

So odd because the throwbacks they have worn the past few years have three stripes and it is very possible to have done that with this set. 

Go A's!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that was the thinking behind it. Someone decided that, with the two stripes on both the helmets and the pants, it made more sense to repeat that on the sleeve. It really wasn't an issue with the sleeve space.

The reason the throwback still has three stripes is that it's a throwback.

9 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Is "they" Nike or the Niners?

Either.  Both.  

9 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

So odd because the throwbacks they have worn the past few years have three stripes and it is very possible to have done that with this set. 

Sure was.  If that's what they wanted to do.

The reasoning to match the stripes of the helmet, pants for the sleeves make complete sense. I suppose that for the longest time 3 stripes was the norm but of course then the team wore striped socks as well. The maintained the striped sleeves even when they stopped wearing striped socks all the way until this recent change. Really wish striped socks would come back too.

Go A's!

On 10/24/2020 at 5:04 PM, DNAsports said:

The current Titans set presents relatively the same problem as the prior Jaguars set. Overly complicated, but one or two tweaks from being a good set.

spacer.png

IMO, They could’ve just changed the helmet to the all black as they have now and adjusted the pants stripes to standard vertical stripes

In Madden 21, I use the current helmet and jersey, but the previous set pants and the uniform looks so much better. I even use the mustard pants on occasian as anything looks better than plain. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

The reasoning to match the stripes of the helmet, pants for the sleeves make complete sense. I suppose that for the longest time 3 stripes was the norm but of course then the team wore striped socks as well. The maintained the striped sleeves even when they stopped wearing striped socks all the way until this recent change. Really wish striped socks would come back too.

I get the idea of matching the helmet and pants stripes, but the three stripes on the sleeves are an iconic part of their look IMHO.  That's why I think it was a mistake to switch to two stripes.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

Literally ALL Jacksonville had to do is fix their helmet. The uniforms were just fine. Actually, they were really sharp looking. Instead they overcompensated and went ultra plain and boring.

VG5LrIN.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

More like one of the most overrated elements. Just look at how it clashes with that jersey, and how it would with a proper teal one. Pick one color for your helmet. When you compromise, everyone loses 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

More like one of the most overrated elements. Just look at how it clashes with that jersey, and how it would with a proper teal one. Pick one color for your helmet. When you compromise, everyone loses 

Hmm. I see things pretty much in the opposite way - I think it actually served that Jaguars set well instead of clashing with it. I do understand how the helmet could be polarizing, but in my personal opinion it was a great helmet. 

I’ve said here before that it’s one of my favorite football helmets of all time, and one of the reasons why is because no matter what combo the Jags wore with it, the helmet aided to balance the colors out more than a solid black helmet would (and does now). With the more black heavy combos (white jersey/black pants and black jersey/black pants), the teal flakes stood out more and gave those combos - as much as it could - some extra teal it desperately needed. When worn over the teal jersey, the helmet still had enough black as the shell finish base that it still looked like the traditional black/teal/white combo with a twist. So in essence, whichever color any combo needed most to work is what the helmet managed to give it. That’s not to say the uniform from the neck down was thus salvaged by any means, but the general principle of the helmet’s function was very strong and sound in my eyes and mind. It did the best it could with what it was paired with, and I would’ve loved to see it survive and be paired with something better. 

Again, that’s all just opinion, and I get it if the helmet was polarizing to some, but I do think it was really great.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived