NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

In college, teams like Michigan and Notre Dame look good. In the NFL, I personally don't mind Baltimore's black pants without stripes, as long as the socks are contrasting. 

OK - but since Michigan and Notre Dame aren't in the NFL, they really don't belong in this discussion. As @oldschoolvikings pointed out, since they never seem to wear contrasting socks, this is out. Frankly, that you have to qualify HOW the stripeless pants might look good is an indication that they, in fact, don't look good.

It's where I sit.

8 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

OK - but since Michigan and Notre Dame aren't in the NFL, they really don't belong in this discussion. As @oldschoolvikings pointed out, since they never seem to wear contrasting socks, this is out. Frankly, that you have to qualify HOW the stripeless pants might look good is an indication that they, in fact, don't look good.

I wasn't sure if your comment was NFL specific or about football aesthetics in general, hence mentioning college teams. And I think just about everything about a uniform looking good is qualified on other parts of the uniform looking good, good design brings them all together. My point was that, to me, the solid black pants aren't necessarily the problem with Baltimore's uniform. Black pants over black socks looks bad, but a different color pants over black socks or black pants over white socks are both good looking solutions to the problem in my eyes. 

Just now, fouhy12 said:

I wasn't sure if your comment was NFL specific or about football aesthetics in general, hence mentioning college teams. And I think just about everything about a uniform looking good is qualified on other parts of the uniform looking good, good design brings them all together. My point was that, to me, the solid black pants aren't necessarily the problem with Baltimore's uniform. Black pants over black socks looks bad, but a different color pants over black socks or black pants over white socks are both good looking solutions to the problem in my eyes. 

I guess being in the NFL 2020 thread should have been an indication 🙂

It's where I sit.

15 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Well if thats the criteria you can't really have a discussion when there are I believe 2 instances of teams wearing pants without stripes, and both are leotards.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:17 PM, JustForFun said:

Well, they don't play in NY, so having it on the helmet is just disingenuous.

The 49ers don’t play in San Francisco

The Chargers & Rams don’t even play in Los Angeles

The Cowboys don’t play in Dallas

Tampa Bay isn’t even a real city

As well as others have pointed out... what’s your point?

22 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

They do play in Los Angeles County, if not the city itself. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

29 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The 49ers don’t play in San Francisco

The Cowboys don’t play in Dallas

Tampa Bay isn’t even a real city

As well as others have pointed out... what’s your point?

Santa Clara is inside of the San Francisco Bay Area

Chargers and Rams play in Los Angeles County

Cowboys play in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington Metroplex

Tampa is a city inside of the actual Tampa BAY (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay)

So...what's your point?

2 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Tampa is a city inside of the actual Tampa BAY (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampa_Bay)

So...what's your point?

The geographical name of a sports team clearly is meant to convey where the team represents, not some pedantic coordinates of where the stadium is. Using the points you just made I could just as easily say the Jets/Giants play in the NYC Metropolitan area.

Are people still genuinely hung up on this? I thought it was just something they said to troll fans of those teams.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A TROLL

The National(not really) Football League:

• Orchard Park Bills
  • Foxborough Patriots
  • East Rutherford Jets
  • East Rutherford Giants
  • Paradise Raiders
  • Inglewood Chargers
  • Inglewood Rams
  • Arlington Cowboys
  • Landover Football Team
  • Charlotte Panthers
  • Tampa Buccaneers
  • Glendale Cardinals
  • Santa Clara 49ers

You're welcome ;)

16 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The stadium is in Inglewood, California

Right. It's still in LA County.  LAX isn't in the City of Los Angeles either. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

So...what's your point?

San Francisco Bay Area 49ers

Los Angeles County Chargers/Rams

Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington Metroplex Cowboys

Interior Tampa Bay Buccaneers 

Whole mouthfuls aren’t they? Point is, every team is bound to be disingenuous of where they play. Only team off the top of my head to even embrace that is the Patriots. Sure, the entire region is “New England”, but they play in Foxborough. So by the logic presented from OP, they should be the Foxborough Patriots, no?

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

Well if thats the criteria you can't really have a discussion when there are I believe 2 instances of teams wearing pants without stripes, and both are leotards.

Not sure why that is the case. I'm asking for where they look good, and if they need 'help' to arguably look good, then they still don't look good.

It's where I sit.

Archived