NFL 2020

FormerLurker

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Not sure why that is the case. I'm asking for where they look good, and if they need 'help' to arguably look good, then they still don't look good.

Because you've narrowed your conditions. I said I don't believe all pants are required stripes to look good, and you made the argument that since the two cases you're willing to accept without stripes don't look great, it isn't possible. Its like saying you can't make a good uniform if its Kelly Green because the Jets look isn't very good.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stripeless pants can work, but IMO only light colors.  Stripeless black* or navy don't.  

That being said, plain white looks collegiate to me, so I'm not sure I'd dig that.  The STL gold though?  Perfect.  No stripe neeed.  I tihink stripeless silver could work too in the right case.  Had the Brady-era Patriots not had the silly side panels, then solid silver would have worked for them.

*I'm OK with Baltimore's, though I'd prefer if it had a purple stripe.  Barely noticeable, but plays into the whole Raven theme.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

39 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Stripeless pants can work, but IMO only light colors.  Stripeless black* or navy don't.  

That being said, plain white looks collegiate to me, so I'm not sure I'd dig that.  The STL gold though?  Perfect.  No stripe neeed.  I tihink stripeless silver could work too in the right case.  Had the Brady-era Patriots not had the silly side panels, then solid silver would have worked for them.

It would work for the Raiders if they didn't have the single black stripe on the helmets. Gotta have that helmet/pants harmony if you can.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

You know what, after a season and a half I've decided I don't hate the Jets black unis

they fail the “how does an old guy look in them” test with Flacco tonight.  

it’s similar to seeing Elway in the mono-navy clown suits. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't know if this is a widely held opinion or not, but I don't care: I think the silver-numbered Raiders road unis are better and far superior than their black-numbered primary's. Something about the black outline seals the deal for me. (I also fancy the Chargers' CR unis, a rare mono-navy combo I like).

Winners and losers for the Raiders in Week 9 vs. Chargers

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

I don't know if this is a widely held opinion or not, but I don't care: I think the silver-numbered Raiders road unis are better and far superior than their black-numbered primary's. Something about the black outline seals the deal for me. (I also fancy the Chargers' CR unis, a rare mono-navy combo I like).

I prefer the raiders silver numbers too, just wish the black outline was a little thicker. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

27 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Picture no more

giants-jets-football-east-rutherford-usa

Without shoulder pads, it sort of looks like the top of the jersey is green but he put a black cape over it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

45 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Without shoulder pads, it sort of looks like the top of the jersey is green but he put a black cape over it.

They should add capes and really lean into their 'Gotham' identity. Dark Knight/Black Jerseys! Nike doen't even have to write a thing! Why not!!!

47 minutes ago, schlim said:

They should add capes and really lean into their 'Gotham' identity. Dark Knight/Black Jerseys! Nike doen't even have to write a thing! Why not!!!

Speaking of which (and I know it's not the type of cape you mean), I really want these to come back into more common usage. They show up from time to time these days, but not enough for my taste.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

10 hours ago, JWhiz96 said:

It's one of those rare choices with no wrong answer but I totally agree that the silver numerals are better. Perhaps since they play in the 'Silver State' now, they should make that a permanent change.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:14 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A TROLL

The National(not really) Football League:

• Orchard Park Bills
  • Foxborough Patriots
  • East Rutherford Jets
  • East Rutherford Giants
  • Paradise Raiders
  • Inglewood Chargers
  • Inglewood Rams
  • Arlington Cowboys
  • Landover Football Team