NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Apparently the team store said the Bucs' change was happening this year, according to @imawalkingcorpse (see bottom of page 5 of this thread)

Ok, I think until we hear something official from the horse’s mouth, I’ll take the store employees word with a grain of salt.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:55 PM, Chromatic said:

IMO a Falcons redesign should utilize as little grey as possible, keeping it to trim while focusing on red/black. I'm not sure why but heavily red and grey/silver uniforms always look unbelievably dreary and drab to me.

As for the Redskins, they've got a great colour scheme. I don't like the idea of a bunch of teams going primarily white. Show off your colours, why would you want to wear your white jersey for almost the entire year.

The Falcons best uniforms were their 89 ones with the grey #s and the red overall jersey.

6 minutes ago, Bluefalcon said:

With the Falcons just announcing they'll have new threads in 2020, that means there will be four NFL teams with new unis this year: Falcons, Browns, Buccaneers, and Rams.

Four teams in one year has to be a record.

Tampa Bay, until actually announced by the team, is purely speculation.

I think 1997 had a ton of new looks.  

Denver and Tampa Bay having the new looks.

1996 had a lot of full scale changes as well with Philadelphia, Baltimore (NOT getting into that discussion), Dallas (new blue coloured jersey), and San Francisco.

2013 had changes with Miami, Minnesota, and the God-awful two-tone Jacksonville helmet fiasco look.

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Tampa Bay, until actually announced by the team, is purely speculation.

I think 1997 had a ton of new looks.  

Denver and Tampa Bay having the new looks.

1996 had a lot of full scale changes as well with Philadelphia, Baltimore (NOT getting into that discussion), Dallas (new blue coloured jersey), and San Francisco.

2013 had changes with Miami, Minnesota, and the God-awful two-tone Jacksonville helmet fiasco look.

2009 had Detroit, Jacksonville, and San Francisco.

3 hours ago, Bluefalcon said:

With the Falcons just announcing they'll have new threads in 2020, that means there will be four NFL teams with new unis this year: Falcons, Browns, Buccaneers, and Rams.

Four teams in one year has to be a record.

To echo @tohasbo1997 had Denver, Tampa, Miami, Pittsburgh's new numbers, and Cincinnati's new bengal logo. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Lots of Reddit chatter regarding Bucs, Browns new unis...and that same poster claiming 1 of the 4 teams playing this weekend are getting a bombshell, surprise rebrand...with signs pointing to the Chiefs.

At this point, I wish the NFL or teams who are changing would just make an official announcement to end speculation.  I can't stand the thought of thinking the Chiefs are changing.

3 minutes ago, Volt said:

Lots of Reddit chatter regarding Bucs, Browns new unis...and that same poster claiming 1 of the 4 teams playing this weekend are getting a bombshell, surprise rebrand...with signs pointing to the Chiefs.

At this point, I wish the NFL or teams who are changing would just make an official announcement to end speculation.  I can't stand the thought of thinking the Chiefs are changing.

I don't believe anything from Reddit. Not after we had a few Redditors come here and try to convince us the Broncos were going orange and and dark grey and the Cowboys were going with chrome helmets. 

12 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don't believe anything from Reddit. Not after we had a few Redditors come here and try to convince us the Broncos were going orange and and dark grey and the Cowboys were going with chrome helmets. 

Trust me, I don’t want to believe it either, especially after the description he just gave it the new Bucs unis.

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

Trust me, I don’t want to believe it either, especially after the description he just gave it the new Bucs unis.

Same. I moved to Tampa a little over three years ago, and they're becoming my team to root for. I don't want them jumping from one disaster to another XD 

2 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

What that guy is describing isn’t even possible, right? The Vapor Untouchables only have one seam, so the fabric all has to be one color and anything else like stripes has to be stitched or ironed on, correct?

Could be sublimation? I'm unsure if that's possible on the Nike templates the league uses. 

9 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

What that guy is describing isn’t even possible, right? The Vapor Untouchables only have one seam, so the fabric all has to be one color and anything else like stripes has to be stitched or ironed on, correct?

I was thinking you were that Reddit poster.  Who just deleted his Reddit account, by the way.

As for sublimation, in the NikeTeam line, Nike sublimates onto their Vapor Pro material, but I've not seen them sublimate onto their Vapor Untouchable line.  However, they sublimate on a similar, if not identical, fabric in their other uniform lines, such as basketball, lacrosse, and baseball, so I'm sure it's possible.

The Pro Bowl unis that were leaked on Twitter today (horrendous, by the way) have what look to be sublimated side panels, so technically, what that Reddit poster was saying about Tampa Bay's unis does seem possible...and horrible:

27 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Same. I moved to Tampa a little over three years ago, and they're becoming my team to root for. I don't want them jumping from one disaster to another XD 

I just moved to Orlando last February and would love for them to become prominent again considering the short drive.  Beats the drive to Jacksonville to catch some NFL football and tailgating. 

I think if what that Reddit poster was saying was true...people would be clamoring for the alarm clock unis again.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

I was thinking you were that Reddit poster.  Who just deleted his Reddit account, by the way.

As for sublimation, in the NikeTeam line, Nike sublimates onto their Vapor Pro material, but I've not seen them sublimate onto their Vapor Untouchable line.  However, they sublimate on a similar, if not identical, fabric in their other uniform lines, such as basketball, lacrosse, and baseball, so I'm sure it's possible.

The Pro Bowl unis that were leaked on Twitter today (horrendous, by the way) have what look to be sublimated side panels, so technically, what that Reddit poster was saying about Tampa Bay's unis does seem possible...and horrible:

Yikes, those aren't good.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Archived