NFL 2020

FormerLurker

When I worked at Lincoln Financial Field I used to love seeing each team's parkas when it was freezing cold.  My favorites were probably the Falcons, only because they were bright red, even though the primary-dark uniform color at the time was black.

It was a cool way to see each team's colors despite that they generally wore white when in Philadelphia.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/9/2020 at 1:14 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Tampa Buccaneers

I'd actually be okay with it if the Bucs ever rebranded themselves this way in the future. Ditto for the Rays and Lightning.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

I'd actually be okay with it if the Bucs ever rebranded themselves this way in the future. Ditto for the Rays and Lightning.

It's funny. I say Tampa when I don't say the team name. But I have to say Tampa Bay Bucs or Tampa Bay Lightning. 

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Well, the Rays would be the St. Petersburg Rays in that case, not Tampa. At least until they finally leave the Trop and move to the Tampa side of the Bay.

ExJworW.png

8 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Not going to happen because St. Petersburg would :censored: about it. That's why the teams that play in Tampa are "Tampa Bay" even though they don't play in the actual bay.

1 hour ago, JustForFun said:

Not going to happen because St. Petersburg would :censored: about it. That's why the teams that play in Tampa are "Tampa Bay" even though they don't play in the actual bay.

🤬 St. Pete! Cut the Bay. Do it Glazers!!!! lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 11/10/2020 at 1:58 PM, leopard88 said:

Speaking of which (and I know it's not the type of cape you mean), I really want these to come back into more common usage. They show up from time to time these days, but not enough for my taste.

spacer.png

I've seen the old Packers capes plenty of times, first time seeing these Browns capes, and I like em. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

21 hours ago, NashConcepts said:

Is this the first full(ish) body look we have at the new Rams logo?

https://imgur.com/a/0CzpZmj

(I don’t know why I can’t insert it directly but whatever)

That looks much better than the standalone Ram head logo.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 11/11/2020 at 8:46 AM, 4_tattoos said:

I live in Tampa and if the Bucs, Lighting, or Rays ever did this the residents of St. Pete would have a internet riot. 

Their non-logical inferiority complex they have with Tampa due to Tampa having the Bucs and Bolts is HILARIOUS! 

St. Pete's (Pinellas County) inferiority complex is what prevented then and what still prevents the Rays from having a stadium in Tampa/Hillsborough. Pinellas has nothing to be inferior about. They have great things about them. They want to be a "Big League" city, but they aren't without Tampa. Tampa Probably isn't without St. Pete either. But the majority of the population live in Tampa. Pinellas has the eye candy with gorgeous beaches and water. 

So back the topic at hand. 

TAMPA instead of Tampa Bay would never float. 

With as small as today's shoulder pads have gotten, they could probably wear actual coats rather than needing capes to drape over themselves.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is minor, but hard for me to ignore now that I have noticed it: the Panthers have inconsistent nameplate lettering, specifically, some players have letters infilled, others don't.

For example, the 'B' and 'R' in Bridgewater are infilled with the border color, but the 'B' and 'R' in Burns are not infilled with the border color (i.e. you can see the blue in the interior space).

spacer.png

spacer.png

That Dolphins article is extremely misleading.  It even says in the story that the owner has given no indication that he's willing to change.  Even if he did, they just reset the 5-year cycle a year or two ago.

Archived