NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Froob said:

Surprised so many want a red Bills helmet, the white is so clean. I love when Bills go white on white, helmet looks great with that combo.

Ugh, I hate that word "clean" to describe anything uniform related (no offense to you, it's overused) but yes, the white helmet is way better than the red. I hope the Bills do not change a thing with the current uniforms. The only change I'd be okay with is the facemask changing to white or blue even though I love the gray.

2 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

None of those look better than what they currently wear (although Minnesota does need to ditch black for purple)

I don't know...those all look pretty damn good to me. The Steelers gray facemask would match the logo on the helmet with the gray outline. The Vikings would absolutely look better with a gray facemask provided they ditched the ugly matte/satin helmet they currently use.

I admit that I simply do not understand the love for gray facemasks. They were gray in the first place because the finishing technology wasn't there - if they could have been painted on during the "gray era," they would have been. To my eyes, gray facemasks are dull and ugly. Facemasks should always, always be a team color. Possibly the Giants could wear a gray facemask with their gray pants and look okay. Otherwise, nope.

Unpopular opinion, but there it is.

22 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

All good, but if I had to pick one, it would definitely be the Browns.  The dark-brown-might-as-well-be-black mask is just a useless black hole, visually. I have a totally irrational hatred of it. The white just feels like a weird glowing relic of the 80's NFL aesthetic. Gray is perfect... looks great with the orange, and fits the new uniform's old school feel. The Browns need to go back to a gray mask yesterday.

34 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

All good, but if I had to pick one, it would definitely be the Browns.  The dark-brown-might-as-well-be-black mask is just a useless black hole, visually. I have a totally irrational hatred of it. The white just feels like a weird glowing relic of the 80's NFL aesthetic. Gray is perfect... looks great with the orange, and fits the new uniform's old school feel. The Browns need to go back to a gray mask yesterday.

Well, I'd think that you like all of those considering that it's your own post from yesterday lol

spacer.png

15 hours ago, _RH_ said:

I feel the same about the Chiefs using black on their logo:

spacer.png

Personally I'm willing to trade some legibility to eliminate a non-team color.  Yellow seems to work for the home and road jersey numbers, so I don't see why the logo should be different.

You’re not trading any legibility. The updated one is a much clearer read, which why I’ve been saying (for 15 years) they need to make this change yesterday.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

THe kc doesn't need to be outlined in yellow.  Just plain red inside the arrowhead would be perfectly legible.  The yellow around the arrowhead is enough to tie it in with the rest of the uni.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

36 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

While they're at it, they should match the striping on their red jerseys and red pants.

The striping is designed to match the white jerseys, which is what they were originally intended to be worn with. Blame the Chiefs for wearing a monochrome that shouldn’t be worn for the mismatch.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

This conversation has me scrutinizing every face mask color now, which is great. I was just watching an old NFL Films segment that featured the late '80s Denver Broncos and suddenly the white mask on the royal helmet felt out of place to me. 

I can't think of what color would work best on that look. Certainly not royal or orange. I'd like to see what it looked like with gray.  

UPDATE: I failed to remember the Broncos wore gray face masks in the early years of this look. Far superior. 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

spacer.png

This has nothing to do with facemasks, but this is just to say that this may be my favorite individual Broncos uniform and combo of all-time. I’m usually not a big orange pants guy (just see all my comments about the Browns’ pair), but the color distribution of this set really works in my eyes. It like that it was the inverse of the home combo (orange over white) too.

Also, if the Broncos ever go back to throwback logos or a throwback inspired look, the brighter blue has to come with it. It doesn’t look quite right with navy.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I don’t think there’s a single team where grey is the best option, silver helmet teams excluded (although I’d like to see Detroit use blue)

Bills- White (or blue)

Cardinals- Red (or white)

Colts- White (or blue)

49ers- Gold (only one I might concede)

Giants- White

Falcons don’t count but they should go back to black anyway 

Archived