Recommended Posts

I have to say I like the Saints mono-white a lot. It really stands out on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ark said:

I have to say I like the Saints mono-white a lot. It really stands out on the field.

 

It stands out because they're playing a team wearing all black.  

 

There's no need for white pants in your set if you have gold helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:


You’re not trading any legibility. The updated one is a much clearer read, which why I’ve been saying (for 15 years) they need to make this change yesterday.

Do you know if the team has ever been presented this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grey facemasks are pretty standard. They work with any team and that’s fine if a team chooses to wear them but if I had the choice, I’d pick a colored mask just for variety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally speaking, virtually every uniform that ever featured gray facemasks looks better with gray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

Do you know if the team has ever been presented this?


Probably not. Given the massive scope of a team identity project, brands (and especially agencies) don’t like to spend that kind of manpower on spec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2020 at 7:13 PM, _RH_ said:

I feel the same about the Chiefs using black on their logo:

spacer.png

Personally I'm willing to trade some legibility to eliminate a non-team color.  Yellow seems to work for the home and road jersey numbers, so I don't see why the logo should be different.

 

My thought was to use the gold trim for the arrowhead, but make the letters gold with a red outline.  That way, the arrowhead's colering echos the numbers, and the monogram's coloring echos the stripes.  Like this...

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the hell are the Bills wearing solid red in their highest-profile game in decades?  They look absolutely stupid and I'm not sure why you'd go out of your way to look unlike yourself in front of your largest audience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Why the hell are the Bills wearing solid red in their highest-profile game in decades?  They look absolutely stupid and I'm not sure why you'd go out of your way to look unlike yourself in front of your largest audience.

 

I might be mistaken, but I think they wore all blue against the Cowboys during last year's Thanksgiving game.

 

They're also playing like garbage. Maybe this will convince them to burn the red set forever. It's terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

I might be mistaken, but I think they wore all blue against the Cowboys during last year's Thanksgiving game.

 

They're also playing like garbage. Maybe this will convince them to burn the red set forever. It's terrible.

 

At least blue is their primary color.  Red jerseys make very little sense.  Red jerseys and pants makes none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OaklandIsBack said:

49ers- Gold (only one I might concede)

This year in college football, UCLA and Akron have proven that gold helmets with gold facemasks can look good.

 

I'd be intrigued by either the Niners or Saints switching to gold masks one day.

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disagree about the gold mask - at least in the UCLA example.  Akron looks OK, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long are these complete idiots going to be allowed to get away with this?  I've never thought of pro athletes as scholars or role models, but I didn't realize some of them were this mentally deficient.

 

EpNdXoQW8AckChQ?format=jpg&name=small  EpNdXoaXcAA072V?format=jpg&name=medium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BBTV said:

How long are these complete idiots going to be allowed to get away with this?  I've never thought of pro athletes as scholars or role models, but I didn't realize some of them were this mentally deficient.

 

EpNdXoQW8AckChQ?format=jpg&name=small  EpNdXoaXcAA072V?format=jpg&name=medium


And what is almost as sad as the leashes that it looks like they are wearing...

The Jaguars accent color looks more green and the eagles accent color looks more blue.  

I really hope the eagles fix this. I really disliked the rebranded color in the 90's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BBTV said:

How long are these complete idiots going to be allowed to get away with this?  I've never thought of pro athletes as scholars or role models, but I didn't realize some of them were this mentally deficient.  

 

Can we ease up here? You're resorting to these strings of insults to discuss a style of undershirt that you don't like. It's just ridiculously over the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, henburg said:

It's just ridiculously over the top.

I think that is his shtick, but I could be wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, selgy said:

... the eagles accent color looks more blue.  

I really hope the eagles fix this. I really disliked the rebranded color in the 90's

 

 

While it's certainly not a true green, it's just the photo that's making it look that blue.

 

I hope the black uniforms never see the light of day again, but that's wishful thinking.  At least they haven't worn the black pants with either of their regular jerseys.... yet.

 

 

1 hour ago, henburg said:

 

Can we ease up here? You're resorting to these strings of insults to discuss a style of undershirt that you don't like. It's just ridiculously over the top.

 

 

It's not a "style of undershirt that I don't like".  It's an intentional decision by players to add something unnecessary to their uniform that has a negative impact on their performance.  If I was a team owner, I'd fine the player for signing a contract and then intentionally decreasing his performance by choice rather than natural circumstances.

 

Besides the fact that it's a uniform violation, it's a case of the players completely negating the effort that they take to have the tightest, most form fitting tops - tight to the point where the sleeves have disappeared and some actually glue them to  their shoulder pads. If it's not a lack of intelligence, then it's really poor decision making (though those are kinda the same thing) to tailor your jersey so as not to be held but then wear a shirt that (as evident by those photos and just by watching games) acts as flags in a flag football game.

 

So it's more than just a look that I don't like - it's a clear decision that fashion >> function.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BBTV said:

 

 

While it's certainly not a true green, it's just the photo that's making it look that blue.

 

I hope the black uniforms never see the light of day again, but that's wishful thinking.  At least they haven't worn the black pants with either of their regular jerseys.... yet.

 

 

 

 

It's not a "style of undershirt that I don't like".  It's an intentional decision by players to add something unnecessary to their uniform that has a negative impact on their performance.  If I was a team owner, I'd fine the player for signing a contract and then intentionally decreasing his performance by choice rather than natural circumstances.

 

Besides the fact that it's a uniform violation, it's a case of the players completely negating the effort that they take to have the tightest, most form fitting tops - tight to the point where the sleeves have disappeared and some actually glue them to  their shoulder pads. If it's not a lack of intelligence, then it's really poor decision making (though those are kinda the same thing) to tailor your jersey so as not to be held but then wear a shirt that (as evident by those photos and just by watching games) acts as flags in a flag football game.

 

So it's more than just a look that I don't like - it's a clear decision that fashion >> function.

 

Relax man, it’s just not that deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BBTV said:

 

It's not a "style of undershirt that I don't like".  It's an intentional decision by players to add something unnecessary to their uniform that has a negative impact on their performance.  If I was a team owner, I'd fine the player for signing a contract and then intentionally decreasing his performance by choice rather than natural circumstances.

 

Besides the fact that it's a uniform violation, it's a case of the players completely negating the effort that they take to have the tightest, most form fitting tops - tight to the point where the sleeves have disappeared and some actually glue them to  their shoulder pads. If it's not a lack of intelligence, then it's really poor decision making (though those are kinda the same thing) to tailor your jersey so as not to be held but then wear a shirt that (as evident by those photos and just by watching games) acts as flags in a flag football game.

 

So it's more than just a look that I don't like - it's a clear decision that fashion >> function.

 

It actually serves as a function. These shirts tear away so easily so they can still evade the tackler. With the tackler grabbing the shirt instead of the jersey, it actually performs a great function. I don't like the look either but I am not going to question people's mental capacity like you do on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Relax man, it’s just not that deep.

well it is undeniably odd that after so much evolution to a form fitting, no-frills uniform, there's now a trend to increase the amount of real estate a defender has to make a tackle

Just now, phutmasterflex said:

It actually serves as a function. These shirts tear away so easily so they can still evade the tackler. With the tackler grabbing the shirt instead of the jersey, it actually performs a great function. I don't like the look either but I am not going to question people's mental capacity like you do on it. 

it hangs lower and farther out than the jersey though. it's giving defenders more to grab onto that wouldn't be there otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.