On 12/13/2020 at 4:52 PM, Ark said:

I have to say I like the Saints mono-white a lot. It really stands out on the field.

Unless it's their gold pants (road or home) 🚮

On 12/14/2020 at 8:51 PM, BBTV said:

Maybe it's just the ESPN cameras, but the Browns helmets look straight-up red tonight.  I think that going back to their seal brown from ages ago and the old helmet color (but with the current satin finish) would be a bit of an upgrade for them.

This has been an issue for me since they changed the colors, it's very lighting dependent whether they even look brown & orange versus an orange-red and black.

24 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

This has been an issue for me since they changed the colors, it's very lighting dependent whether they even look brown & orange versus an orange-red and black.

The shade and satin finish are just not as good as previous iterations. Bring back the old orange!

spacer.png

Looks like there was an error from decal company this year. They missed up the transparency on the throwback color rush logo as the white area in the middle shouldn't be there as like it wasn't in previous years of the color rush helmets

1 hour ago, Sportscenter said:

spacer.png

Looks like there was an error from decal company this year. They missed up the transparency on the throwback color rush logo as the white area in the middle shouldn't be there.as like it wasn't in previous years of the color rush helmets

I thought you were about to point out how awesome those helmets looked over white and why they should go to them full-time. Because they should.

3 hours ago, Sportscenter said:

spacer.png

Looks like there was an error from decal company this year. They missed up the transparency on the throwback color rush logo as the white area in the middle shouldn't be there as like it wasn't in previous years of the color rush helmets

As a manager of a print shop this is very intriguing as to whose fault this is. 

Based on the video of last year's equipment crew applying the decals, the sheets of decals came 4up on white paper just the same as they did this year. This points to the Broncos just using the same manufacturer and telling them "give us xxxx more".  If thats the case, Broncos equipment staff shouldnt have accepted these. 

OR.... did the Broncos just order them wrong? I feel like this is less likely just based on the sheets the decals were on. Seems like the same from last year.

Either way they can be replaced in time for Saturday if they so choose.

On 12/15/2020 at 8:56 PM, dont care said:

Well Bill belichick I know would prefer coaches to go to suits and specifically wears the the dingiest stuff he can find as a form of protest against the league contracts disallowing suits for coaches. If the apparel contracts didn’t apply to coaches apparel the standard probably still would be business attire just out of peer pressure to conform to other coaching staffs.

Bill Belichick didn't wear a suit in the 80s (as a coordinator) when Tom Landry and Dan Reeves were still head coaches wearing suits. Reeves was still rocking a suit in the mid-90s, and Belichick was not...

1,078 Dan Reeves Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Bill Belichick - 10th Cleveland Browns Coach - 1991 to 1995 | Cleveland  browns history, Cleveland browns football, Nfl coaches

They’re sports coaches, not chief investment officers. There’s no reason for anyone, be it coaches, commentators, or studio hosts, to play dress up and pretend to be something they’re not. 

I don’t believe anyone’s analysis more because they went with a full Windsor knot and matching pocket square. 

in high school we had to wear ties on game day because it “put us in a business-like atmosphere” or some some :censored: like that. We won because we were better than the other teams, not because we played dress-up and acted like accountants. 

15 hours ago, andycumbee19 said:

As a manager of a print shop this is very intriguing as to whose fault this is.

A flub by the print shop, likely noticed my the equipment team when applying the first decal on Tuesday. 

Broncos equip manager figured:

a) Well, it's probably too late to reorder.

b) Screw it, nobody will notice.

c) Oh, we're definitely not removing/reapplying all these decals!

Also, quick fix:

EpU58Y_U8AQP0mT?format=png&name=small

Is it me or are Cleveland's helmets not as "orangey" as the old days? They seem closer to red than orange.

15 hours ago, slats7 said:

Is it me or are Cleveland's helmets not as "orangey" as the old days? They seem closer to red than orange.

Yes, a couple years ago they changed the shade of orange to match the Bengals' orange color. A huge mistake if you ask me. 

16 hours ago, slats7 said:

30 minutes ago, JustForFun said:

Yes, a couple years ago they changed the shade of orange to match the Bengals' orange color. A huge mistake if you ask me. 

Yeah, although photo evidence is always sketchy you can kind of see it here...

spacer.png

spacer.png

The finish is different and the orange is redder.  The old color was clearly better IMO.

20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, although photo evidence is always sketchy you can kind of see it here...

spacer.png

spacer.png

The finish is different and the orange is redder.  The old color was clearly better IMO.

In some shots, the finish of the helmet makes the Browns helmets look like one of those old time plastic Hutch helmets.

21 hours ago, BBTV said:

They’re sports coaches, not chief investment officers. There’s no reason for anyone, be it coaches, commentators, or studio hosts, to play dress up and pretend to be something they’re not. 

I don’t believe anyone’s analysis more because they went with a full Windsor knot and matching pocket square. 

in high school we had to wear ties on game day because it “put us in a business-like atmosphere” or some some :censored: like that. We won because we were better than the other teams, not because we played dress-up and acted like accountants. 

Even executives of big corporations have been more lax with their dress code the last few years so I think it looks even funnier if a football coach were to be dressed to the nines.

3 hours ago, JayMac said:

Even executives of big corporations have been more lax with their dress code the last few years so I think it looks even funnier if a football coach were to be dressed to the nines.

Hockey coaches still wear suits.... it doesn't look weird 

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

Hockey coaches still wear suits.... it doesn't look weird 

Hockey and basketball are the exceptions.

5 minutes ago, JayMac said:

So... between the four major sports, two are the exceptions and two are not the exceptions? 

I'm not sure that's how the word "exception" works.

16 minutes ago, JayMac said:

They're also sports played indoors. Woody Hayes would wear a short sleeve dress shirt and tie to show how tough he was and could handle the elements. Players nowadays refuse to be uncomfortable, and neither do the coaches. That's why suits have disappeared for the most part. Reebok even made dress suits for a couple of coaches one year, I think Jim Mora was one, because they were playing a throwback game and didn't want to simply wear a team polo for the game. 

Mike Nolan scores one for the suit

Ultimately, Nolan was an ill-suited 49ers coach

It was Mike Nolan and Jack Del Rio. 

Seems to me to be a matter of location. Suits inside, teamwear outside.