NFL 2020

FormerLurker

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Speaking of rebrands (and forgive me if this has been recently discussed) -- are any teams scheduled to roll out a new look in 2021?

Besides complete rebrands, does anyone know if any new alternates/throwbacks will be unveiled next season. Only ones that come to mind off the top of my head are rams alternate and new packers throwbacks. Does anyone know anything else? This may also depend on the one helmet rule

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that the pandemic may have caused some delaying of anything that may have been in the can for complete rebrands.  I may be wrong, but its been oddly quiet this season, but that may also be a byproduct of 5 changes last season.

The thing to watch out for is this years' vote on revising the one-helmet rule.  I forget when that happens, but each year we always hear that they're getting closer to relaxing it.   I know the Eagles have been the ones to bring it to the table recently, only to pull back once they realize it won't pass.

If/when that happens, I wonder if any teams have alt or throwback designs ready to go on day one.  Ironically, I suspect the Eagles don't, but it wouldn't surprise me if teams like TB and NE did since they wore them regularly prior to the rule.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

39 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The thing to watch out for is this years' vote on revising the one-helmet rule.  I forget when that happens, but each year we always hear that they're getting closer to relaxing it.   I know the Eagles have been the ones to bring it to the table recently, only to pull back once they realize it won't pass.

If/when that happens, I wonder if any teams have alt or throwback designs ready to go on day one.  Ironically, I suspect the Eagles don't, but it wouldn't surprise me if teams like TB and NE did since they wore them regularly prior to the rule.

Dallas could end up using the white helmets again.  Other teams that could use alt helmets in a throwback would be Seattle (silver), Buffalo (red), 

I'm guessing that all teams could have one alternative shell only. Throwback or secondary color. Saints in black , Dolphins in aqua, Bears in leather helmet design maybe. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

54 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Dallas could end up using the white helmets again.  Other teams that could use alt helmets in a throwback would be Seattle (silver), Buffalo (red), 

If the rule is lifted, I really hope that the Seahawks bring back the pre-2002 look back. Even if it is only for a game or two a year. 

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

Gotta believe *if not for Super Bowl 52* the Eagles would be in something similar to these

cunningham90pf-1_large.jpg?v=1496325111

IMO, this is so much better than what they wear now. The Jets have proved that a lighter green looks so good in HD. I don't care if the Eagles won 10 super bowls in midnight green, it will never look better than this.

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

IMO, this is so much better than what they wear now. The Jets have proved that a lighter green looks so good in HD. I don't care if the Eagles won 10 super bowls in midnight green, it will never look better than this.

Eh. I'm definitely a fan of the lighter green, but I always thought that its pairing with silver made for a pretty drab uniform. The white ones especially. 

On 12/22/2020 at 9:15 AM, lahaye7 said:

I'm guessing that all teams could have one alternative shell only. Throwback or secondary color. Saints in black , Dolphins in aqua, Bears in leather helmet design maybe. 

This could be sacrilege but I would really dig a green packers helmet. 

1 hour ago, PlayGloria said:

This could be sacrilege but I would really dig a green packers helmet. 

well, they could go leather helmet design too. Green might make them look like Edmonton. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

If a 2nd helmet shell was MANDATORY:

Like you all, I believe most should be throwbacks

Patriots- White throwback

Bills- Red

Jets- White throwback

Dolphins- Chrome Orange

Steelers- Matte Black

Bengals- White tiger

Ravens- Satin Purple

Browns- Orange throwback

Colts- Navy throwback

Texans- Satin Red

Jaguars- Black with teal fleck throwback

Titans- White oilers throwback

Broncos- Royal Blue throwback

Chiefs- Matte White

Chargers- Navy throwback

Raiders- Matte Black

Eagles- Kelly Green throwback

Washington- Yellow throwback

Giants- Navy throwback

Cowboys- White throwback

Packers- Leather throwback

Bears- Leather throwback (I wanna see an all-leather helmet matchup between these 2)

Vikings- Dark Purple throwback

Lions- Leather throwback

Saints- Old Gold throwback

Falcons- Red throwback

Buccaneers- White throwback

Panthers- Matte Black

Rams- Navy throwback

Seahawks- Silver throwback

Cardinals- Sand/Cream

49ers- Silver throwback

fiowXOD.png

49 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Steelers- Matte Black

Browns- Orange throwback

These ones don’t make much sense...

To an average fan, the finish of the helmet doesn’t really matter all that much. I mean I couldn’t tell ya what the difference would really look like on TV if the Steelers wore matte black helmets. The Browns also already have an orange helmet, and a lot of people probably wouldn’t notice the difference. And if the point is to wear them with throwbacks, fans will be even more confused, as they’re essentially wearing their throwbacks already. A Pittsburgh gold helmet for the Steelers and a white throwback helmet for the Browns would be much better. 

Also the Jags can do this already, because their current helmets have the teal flakes if I’m not mistaken. Also why would they want to throwback to that set anyways? There’s nothing really notable about them...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

30 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

These ones don’t make much sense...

To an average fan, the finish of the helmet doesn’t really matter all that much. I mean I couldn’t tell ya what the difference would really look like on TV if the Steelers wore matte black helmets. The Browns also already have an orange helmet, and a lot of people probably wouldn’t notice the difference. And if the point is to wear them with throwbacks, fans will be even more confused, as they’re essentially wearing their throwbacks already. A Pittsburgh gold helmet for the Steelers and a white throwback helmet for the Browns would be much better. 

Also the Jags can do this already, because their current helmets have the teal flakes if I’m not mistaken. Also why would they want to throwback to that set anyways? There’s nothing really notable about them...

The current jags helmet is just gloss black like they used in the inaugural uniforms which is what everyone would want them to throwback to. Not the teal flaked helmets that would just remind fans of when the team had gabbert as quarterback, and were even worse in how they played and how they looked.

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Patriots- White throwback

Bills- Red

Jets- White throwback

Dolphins- Chrome Orange

Steelers- Matte Black

Bengals- White tiger

Ravens- Satin Purple

Browns- Orange throwback

Colts- Navy throwback

Texans- Satin Red

Titans- White oilers throwback

Broncos- Royal Blue throwback

Chiefs- Matte White

Chargers- Navy throwback

Raiders- Matte Black

Eagles- Kelly Green throwback

Washington- Yellow throwback

Giants- Navy throwback

Cowboys- White throwback

Packers- Leather throwback

Bears- Leather throwback (I wanna see an all-leather helmet matchup between these 2)

Vikings- Dark Purple throwback

Lions- Leather throwback

Saints- Old Gold throwback

Falcons- Red throwback

Buccaneers- White throwback

Panthers- Matte Black

Rams- Navy throwback

Seahawks- Silver throwback

Cardinals- Sand/Cream

49ers- Silver throwback

Are matte and chrome the only 2 helmet finishes you think exist?

Archived