NFL 2020

FormerLurker

37 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

All uniforms are unnecessary. Want to have more women fans? Just have them play naked! /s

You sure that's a good idea?  I guess there wouldn't be anything that needs censoring since their guts would cover up their weenies.

PJ-BK010_FATJER_G_20121003001607_crop_no  maxresdefault.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, BBTV said:

You sure that's a good idea?  I guess there wouldn't be anything that needs censoring since their guts would cover up their weenies.

PJ-BK010_FATJER_G_20121003001607_crop_no  maxresdefault.jpg

One of those men already answered that for you...

CnHAOdiWIAA7B5Q.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Chicago Bears To Honor Legendary Running Back Gale Sayers

December 30, 2020 - 21:47 PM

The Chicago Bears will honor late running back Gale Sayers during Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers (4:25 p.m. ET on FOX) with a stencil on the field that features his last name and No. 40 jersey number. Sayers, who spent his entire career with the Bears (1965-71), passed

Read More...

Tennessee Titans To Honor Nashville, First Responders Of Christmas Bombing With Helmet Decal

December 30, 2020 - 22:08 PM

The Tennessee Titans will pay tribute to the city of Nashville and the six first responders who successfully evacuated the downtown area before a bomb exploded on Christmas morning by wearing a special helmet decal during Sunday’s game against the Houston Texans (4:25 p.m. ET on CBS). The decal features

Read More...

On 12/22/2020 at 7:35 AM, TBGKon said:

I have a feeling that the pandemic may have caused some delaying of anything that may have been in the can for complete rebrands.  I may be wrong, but its been oddly quiet this season, but that may also be a byproduct of 5 changes last season.

The Packers were supposed to have a new throwback set for this season but they decided to delay it until next season.  I can't really understand why since the set would have been in place already, unless they just wanted to wait to wear them in front of fans.

What's the rules regarding changing a uniform number?  If Jalen Hurts is going to be the Eagles QB moving forward, I really would like to see him get his college #1 from the punter, since I think #2 is a bad-looking number for a QB, and especially in the Eagles font.

I doubt there's too many Hurts jerseys in the proshop with #2 that would need to be replaced.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What's the rules regarding changing a uniform number?  If Jalen Hurts is going to be the Eagles QB moving forward, I really would like to see him get his college #1 from the punter, since I think #2 is a bad-looking number for a QB, and especially in the Eagles font.

I doubt there's too many Hurts jerseys in the proshop with #2 that would need to be replaced.

I think he prefers 2 because that’s the number he had at Alabama, he had to switch to 1 in Oklahoma because 2 was already taken. I also think 1 is a bad number in general but especially for QB’s. Kinda egotistical as a “I’m number one” kinda thing.

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

I think he prefers 2 because that’s the number he had at Alabama, he had to switch to 1 in Oklahoma because 2 was already taken. I also think 1 is a bad number in general but especially for QB’s. Kinda egotistical as a “I’m number one” kinda thing.

I didn't know that.  If you're going to say that #1 = "I'm number one", then you could say that 2 is like "I'm second best", which I wouldn't want any player thinking.  I don't necessarily love #1, but it looks good on some guys.  #2 is probably my least-favorite number.  3 and up are fair game.

I conducted an exhaustive search of NFL QBs who wore #2, and this is what I found:

2005_Aaron-Brooks_New-Orleans-Saints.jpg

2953997_original.jpg?1302224363

la-sp-sn-johnny-manziel-agent-20160419-0

9861325-nfl-super-bowl-li-new-england-pa

The best is clearly Matt Ryan -- who is a legitimate great QB -- but that's not a lot of success at that number. So I agree, #2 is not a great QB number, but could be a great opportunity for Jalen. I say he should make it work.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I know you're not looking for backups or 3rd stringers, but Matt Barkley wore it for the Eagles a few years ago.  

I think it's especially bad on the Eagles.  The 2 is just wonky.  Make the kicker wear it.

usa-today-8197011.0.jpg

39 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Joey Bosa did it after his first season I believe. Went from 99 to 97 (his college number). I don’t remember anyone really caring or getting upset about it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Off topic but I kinda miss those jerseys now. Their rebrand hasn't aged well on me. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

14 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I conducted an exhaustive search of NFL QBs who wore #2, and this is what I found:

This reminded me of the current 2 on the Saints, Jameis Winston-

spacer.png

He wore 3 while in Tampa Bay, but it’s taken by the kicker Wil Lutz. Is there a reason why he didn’t choose his college 5? It’s not retired by the team nor is any other player wearing it.

24 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The best is clearly Matt Ryan -- who is a legitimate great QB -- but that's not a lot of success at that number. So I agree, #2 is not a great QB number, but could be a great opportunity for Jalen. I say he should make it work.

Doug Flutie?

spacer.png

spacer.png\\

Does this count?

spacer.png

I'm old enough to (vaguely) remember Flutie from those teams.  It's just such a bad stand-alone number.  It's even worse-looking for a Bears QB than an Eagles.

I thought about him, but Doug Flutie doesn't count because his NFL success came in this number:

doug-flutie-7.jpg

If he hadn't had his time with the Bills, he wouldn't be a part of this conversation.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 hours ago, dont care said:

Unless you're Warren Moon, who chose that number specifically because he knew it'd draw attention to his position as leader on the field.  Now Jeff George in ATL on the other hand... 

22 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

No one outside of the Bay cares, but don't forget about Chris Simms...

20090303__51592327JG_D024287008p1.jpg?w=

Also, I think Tim Couch kinda sparked off the then-trend of QBs wearing 2 in the NFL; I'm pretty sure Doug Flutie was the last starter to do so before Couch was drafted.

(Unrelated, but I really liked that Simms kid. Hate that he didn't pan out...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 minutes ago, MarkAtnip said:

Greetings all

Has anyone seen any information regarding a potential memorial patch/sticker for Floyd Little on Sunday?     If so, please share information/photos here. 

Probably too little turn around to try to get patches made. Helmet sticker might be the only thing they could potentially get done in time

22 minutes ago, dont care said:

Probably too little turn around to try to get patches made. Helmet sticker might be the only thing they could potentially get done in time

As he has been in hospice for a few weeks, my assumption would be that they were proactively working on something appropriate. 

BroncosSig.jpg

Archived