NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Sure, this is the most successful run of the franchise but it is on the downside. Their franchise is over 30. The coach will a septuagenarian next season. Plus, there have been a lot of early exits in the past 5 years.  It is been a good run but the Legion of Boom days are long gone. They don't need to do a complete reset but it should be in the minds of management. It could start with their brand identity. 

New uniforms don’t guarantee an upside.

A lot of teams have weathered downsides without switching uniforms.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

New uniforms don’t guarantee an upside.

A lot of teams have weathered downsides without switching uniforms.

I'm well aware of that.  That is why I said it could start with that. But I will also admit that I am speaking out of frustration because of last night's results.

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Seahawks don't need to change their current uniforms because they're on a down slide or because they haven't had enough success wearing them.

The Seahawks need to change their current uniforms because they suck.

That was my original point. They have aged poorly. But sometimes an organization need an excuse.

29 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Seahawks don't need to change their current uniforms because they're on a down slide or because they haven't had enough success wearing them.

The Seahawks need to change their current uniforms because they suck.

Exactly. Being Nike’s guinea pig for the takeover in 2012 hasn’t boded well for them.

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

That was my original point. They have aged poorly. But sometimes an organization need an excuse.

47 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Exactly. Being Nike’s guinea pig for the takeover in 2012 hasn’t boded well for them.

Start the count down until someone drags out the phrase "modern classic".

Funny - while watching that game, I was thinking about how well those Seahawks uniforms have held up, especially since trash like the Browns and Bucs came and went. 

Not every uniform needs to be a 'classic' or a 'forever uniform', but for now, I think it's a perfect look for them and for a team from Seattle.  Will it last another 10 seasons?  Probably not... but that's OK.  The league is fine with a balance between teams with 'old school' brands like KC, Pittsburgh, Dallas, etc., and teams with contemporary looks that evolve over time, like Seattle and maybe the Chargers. 

Atlanta really wants to be in that latter group, but then they go ahead and turn out dog crap. 

When I think 'modern classic', I think of a uniform that has some contemporary elements but can also be a 'forever uniform'.  Bucs, with their use of non-traditional color like pewter, probably fall into that category.  Texans probably do.  Maybe Vikings, though their font gimmick sucks.  I think the Eagles fall into it, but I get that might be a minority opinion.  I would certainly NOT call the Seahawks uniform a 'modern classic', but it's a good uniform for 2021.  That's all it wants to be, and that's all it needs to be.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

NFL Wildcard Sunday Uniform Matchups

January 10, 2021 - 16:14 PM

The 2020 NFL Playoffs continue Sunday afternoon with the final three games from the wildcard round. Here we’re just giving you a preview of what the six teams will be wearing as they take the field and begin their conquest for a Super Bowl LV championship next month in Tampa

Read More...

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

The Seahawks have one of the best looks in the NFL, IMO. Is it perfect, no. Are there changes I'd make, absolutely. But it's still nice as-is. And I don't think it's "aged" at all despite being around for nine seasons now (hard to believe).

It is a great look. Fits the team, the city, and offers a nice contemporary balance for the NFL

Looking at that Rams/Seahawks game, all I could focus on was how terrible LA looked.

The Seahawks uniforms are flawed, but completely cohesive. Even in monochrome, which I normally abhor, I think they look solid. The Rams by comparison, and even in a vacuum, are garbage. At least with the homes there is some value, but anything with the bone is trash. The off-white is ugly and MAKES NO SENSE in that identity. They highlight bright, SoCal colors and pair it with a dirty road uniform. The sleeve caps of off-white, yellow, and white are Bad Design 101 (especially from behind). The interrupted horn doesn't go with the half crescent sleeve or the gradient pants stripe, just a mess from top to bottom. It's rare to see a uniform dated upon release, but that's those duds to a T.

Seattle looked like a :censored:ing dream in comparison. And, generally speaking, I think their set has aged better than the previous look and works great for Seattle. 

The Browns look great tonight. I do not understand why anyone would not like the orange pants such great color balance just an awesome look! Best rebrand this year just because how horrible they would have looked last year. It’s really close with the Bucs though.

I think you’ll have a hard time changing the Seahawks uniforms as they encompassed the whole LOB era and the super bowl win.

But - I think there are some opportunities to improve them. My biggest beef with the set oddly enough are the gray numbers... they are too drab and don’t really pop like white would. It’s why I fee the road set is far superior to the home set (and they won the super bowl in blue-white-blue).

There’s also an opportunity upcoming to go back to silver helmets/pants, and perhaps also trade the neon green for Kelly green. I’d even consider one of those fan concept-type rebrands where you do the new uniforms with the old colors.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived