NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, henburg said:

I could get on board with a tweak to the Seahawks that still utilizes the current colors while polishing off a few details with the current set, but they do look good now. 

IMO the only thing they should change is get rid of the pattern in the numbers. Would make the grey pants look 1000x better when they wear them with the blue jersey

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

6 hours ago, Dnice said:

This Nickelodeon broadcast of the saints  and bears is very interesting....lol

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ4YKTlhRD1/?igshid=ddf44bcrtlcx

I was curious as to how this was going to go, and I think it was really cool. I’m sure it seemed really odd to any older audiences who may have watched, but considering Nickelodeon’s audience of kids through teens, I think the coverage and graphics did a really good job of making the game seem youthful in a way other broadcast coverages may not. It had a sort of “Backyard Football Meets Nickelodeon” video game vibe to it, which is exactly what I was hoping they’d do. Growing up as a 90’s kid who watched Nickelodeon and all the sliming and such, I thought it was really fun and may have struck some nostalgia for my age group well.

It’s (by design) not for everyone and targeted to a very specific audience, but I think they nailed it. It’s also making a lot of good buzz on social media, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more of this in the future too.

EDIT - Here’s a good article about Nickelodeon’s coverage:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30688842/the-bears-saints-nickelodeon-game-was-goofy-most-fun-nfl-broadcast-year

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

The Browns look great tonight. I do not understand why anyone would not like the orange pants such great color balance just an awesome look! Best rebrand this year just because how horrible they would have looked last year. It’s really close with the Bucs though.

Especially against the Steelers home uniform, it works so well.

3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Assuming Cleveland holds on, do they go orange-white-orange at Kansas City? If so, that's a lot of red, orange, and yellow in that one.

They held (omfg)! Certainly haven't shied from the orange pants, and I could see them trying to stick with what works.

Wouldn't be shocked if they went brown pants if only to create some contrast, which we've done in previous KC matchups.

AR-312209896.jpg

Cleveland+Browns+v+Kansas+City+Chiefs+Eu

16 hours ago, henburg said:

I could get on board with a tweak to the Seahawks that still utilizes the current colors while polishing off a few details with the current set, but they do look good now. 

Remove the collar bone stripes and wordmark, remove the pattern from the numbers and helmets, and they've got a solid uniform that will age much better. The sleeve design is actually pretty nice by itself, but that extension ruins it.

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Remove the collar bone stripes and wordmark, remove the pattern from the numbers and helmets, and they've got a solid uniform that will age much better. The sleeve design is actually pretty nice by itself, but that extension ruins it.

Cut out the chest stripes, move the wordmark above the numbers, the pattern in the numbers is fine, IMO. The “helmet stripe” is definitely unnecessary though.

Outside of maybe adding more green, I think the Seahawks are perfect. They're not everyone's cup of tea, but I think they're distinctive without being distracting, and they have the "competitive team" uniform aesthetic bump good teams get.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

they have the "competitive team" uniform aesthetic bump good teams get.

Sadly, you're right. By far, 2012-pres. has been the best time in the team's history, so many elements from the uni are probably here to stay. Not that they don't have good elements, but it's sad for a team who has two other color/design eras that I love personally.

fiowXOD.png

On 1/9/2021 at 9:44 PM, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

spacer.png

On paper, this combo shouldn't work at all. But it does, and it does wonderfully. Sure, some elements of the uniform haven't aged the greatest over the years, but I still think this set should never change (as long as they can commit to only wearing blue socks with black pants).

ExJworW.png

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

On paper, this combo shouldn't work at all. But it does, and it does wonderfully. Sure, some elements of the uniform haven't aged the greatest over the years, but I still think this set should never change (as long as they can commit to only wearing blue socks with black pants).

I disagree. This is a mess. They need to drop white or silver. Especially bad when paired with the Steelers' beauty

fiowXOD.png

36 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

Let’s do it again.

The vibe I get from the Rams is that they think they're too cool for a good looking uniform. Tradition = lame, subversion & intentionally bad = modern and cool. I never realized you put post-modernism into a sports uniform. Yes I realize I'm looking too far into this

It's like those slob shirts and bike shorts are part of the official uniform.  Those players look like trash.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I disagree. This is a mess. They need to drop white or silver. Especially bad when paired with the Steelers' beauty

Yeah...I'd get rid of the silver entirely and switch the helmet to either black or white.  Black and that shade of blue easily work well enough together that you can get a nice clean look without a 3rd color.

10 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

The vibe I get from the Rams is that they think they're too cool for a good looking uniform. Tradition = lame, subversion & intentionally bad = modern and cool. I never realized you put post-modernism into a sports uniform. Yes I realize I'm looking too far into this

I know there are a lot of traditionalists who are too stuck in their ways. But the opposite is worse. It is almost like they want to mock traditionalists by jumping on whatever trend is hot at the moment at the expense of a solid brand.

Archived