NFL 2020

FormerLurker

5 hours ago, Volt said:

I've been a Chiefs fan since Montana went there in '93.  And I love the vintage feel of a Grey facemask on the right team.

The Chiefs, as they are now, are not that team.  It just doesn't look right to me.

When it DID look right, it was with their Dallas Texans throwback uniforms about 10 years ago.  Ironically, Mike Vrabel wore them.

The Grey facemask just worked better with the simple Dallas Texans logo, no sleeve stripes, TV numbers on sleeve, minimized Gold number trim, and most importantly, Black footwear & gloves.  For some reason, the even more simplified uniform & logo, coupled with the Black cleats & gloves, just made it feel more cohesive, and more of a call back to that vintage era. 

On their current uniforms now, it looks like they forgot to attach White facemasks and the only other option was Grey.

chiefs-texans-754778.jpg09000d5d8134f78b_gallery_600.jpg

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fthelandryhat.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F11%2F92393513-dallas-cowboys-v-kansas-city-chiefs.jpg.jpg&c=sc&w=736&h=485

Side note:  these photos sure make me appreciate the current Nike jersey even more.

These photos make me miss reebok even more.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/20/2020 at 2:39 PM, GDAWG said:

So will there be any NFL team that rips off their design from a CFL team as the Jets did last year?

Which team did they rip off?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

28 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

love these Unis, if Nike would do metallics it would be great for an alternate and still kinda work with midnight green

I'll confess, these are so stripped down compared to the Eagles' previous stripe-happy Jaworski unis that when I first saw them (in a preseason game), I thought they were practice jerseys! 

3 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

"Same Colors As" =/= "Rip Off"

Let's talk about when Saskatchewan ripped off the Eagles in the ~90s!

spacer.png

spacer.png

To be fair about one point - the Philadelphia Eagles started wearing these pants with black trim in 1985.  NFL season starts in September. 

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=teams-season&team_id=PHI&year=1985

The Roughriders adopted the silver and black trim in 1985 and started wearing this same pant design in 1985.  1985 CFL season started in July.

So really, the Saskatchewan Roughriders wore this exact pant design before the Eagles did.

spacer.png

On 1/16/2020 at 6:08 PM, IceCap said:

I don't believe anything from Reddit. Not after we had a few Redditors come here and try to convince us the Broncos were going orange and and dark grey and the Cowboys were going with chrome helmets. 

Don't forget the red uniforms with battle worn silver numbers for the Titans

I don't even know why we bother having threads for these.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Super Bowl LV Logo Revealed

January 22, 2020 - 16:26 PM

The logo for next year’s Super Bowl LV was revealed earlier this week, as it usually is, via the official game program for the upcoming Super Bowl LIV. Filed directly into the “you can’t seriously still be surprised by this” […]

Read More...

17 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

And to be ultra fair...I’m sure the Eagles had no clue and it’s just a sign of the times. Those Eagles pants were probably preordered at the same time the Roughriders placed their order.

my official ruling is a PUSH

Won't argue the ruling. Wanted to point out, however, that the Riders added silver when they went to this look. Philly had been green and silver for awhile. So ... 

Archived