NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Is there any chance that FOX changes its scorebug for the Superbowl? The one they have right now is pretty bad.

They are. And from the looks of it on the Pregame Show, it looks like NBC.

da0Lbhs.png

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

They are. And from the looks of it on the Pregame Show, it looks like NBC.

Is this going to roll out to all of the RSNs? I liked their current flat/metro package but I suppose something was bound to change sooner or later since those are rebranding under Sinclair at some point.

10 hours ago, bowld said:

The comic book look was stupid 

Yeah, I thought that was a bit corny. Also wasn’t good when a player they didn’t have an illustration for scored a touchdown; I forget who off the top of my head (Williams and Juszyzck, I think), but a couple of players didn’t have one and looked very inconsistent when they scored as opposed to those who did.

As for the score bug itself, I think it looked just okay but not spectacular. It had a tiny bit of an early 2000’s FOX look to it as far as the logo graphics, and I liked that, but I thought the whole bug and package could’ve been a little cleaner; It didn’t need the extra border around the logo spots and something looked off with the colors behind the logos. It may have been a slight depth gradient, but they looked a little too dark and probably would’ve been better as just the flat primary helmet color*. It wasn’t terrible though, and I like little things like “+1”, “+3”, or “+6” rising up from the bug for scores. 

*EDIT: Just occurred to me that the darker colors may have been to help the score be more visible against a lighter team color, especially in the case of the 49ers part of the bug (white against gold). Well...still didn’t need the extra border on the logo graphics! :P 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Not new, and not a logo, but I feel it necessary to point out that ‘Chiefs Kingdom’ is one of the dumbest team slogans ever.

”Vikings Shogunate”

”Panthers Wolfpack”

”Saints Boulangerie”

[MOD EDIT]  #ChiefsKingdom

11 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Not new, and not a logo, but I feel it necessary to point out that ‘Chiefs Kingdom’ is one of the dumbest team slogans ever.

”Vikings Shogunate”

”Panthers Wolfpack”

”Saints Boulangerie”

Huh. I've always liked it just because it wasn't just adding "Nation" at the end of the team's name like literally every other fanbase moniker. And while "Chiefs" and "Kingdom" might seem offbase to you, consider that this is a city with team names circling around royalty or leadership. Royals, Chiefs, and formerly the Kings. It seems pretty natural for KC even if something different would fit the arrowhead/Native American image better.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

17 minutes ago, Maroon said:

Huh. I've always liked it just because it wasn't just adding "Nation" at the end of the team's name like literally every other fanbase moniker. And while "Chiefs" and "Kingdom" might seem offbase to you, consider that this is a city with team names circling around royalty or leadership. Royals, Chiefs, and formerly the Kings. It seems pretty natural for KC even if something different would fit the arrowhead/Native American image better.

It doesn't have to necessarily be Native American, but "Chiefs Kingdom" is bordering on Oxymoronic. 

Instead of the comic book caricatures, they should use the generic graphics from Tecmo Bowl:

1330513-thurman.jpg 54ad5934cf85c.image.jpg  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

27 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

It doesn't have to necessarily be Native American, but "Chiefs Kingdom" is bordering on Oxymoronic. 

Why? It doesn't seem contradictory to me at all, apart from a confusion of what kind of domain a Chief would actually have control over. 

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

54 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Additional Super Bowl LV imagery

I'll add a little more to that

uYLQun3.png

Wondering what's on the numerals. To me it looks like the numerals are supposed to be made out of marble. That could also be a reflection of sea foam, but I'm going to go ahead and predict that it's marble, and that we'll see marble (likely faux marble) numerals in a field shot, similar to this.

Superbowl_football_inside_stadium_1440x9

*** EDIT ***

Additional promo material

cbs-super-bowl-lv-promo.jpg

I've got no idea what those smudges on the numerals are, but someone's gotta clean them off before the game next year.

1 hour ago, Maroon said:

Why? It doesn't seem contradictory to me at all, apart from a confusion of what kind of domain a Chief would actually have control over. 

It does seem contradictory. Again, its like 'Vikings Shogunate' or 'Panthers Wolfpack'. I'm fine with them using some domain that isn't native themed or related specifically to the term 'Chief', but 'Kingdom' is antithetical.

Archived