NFL 2020

FormerLurker

On 12/15/2019 at 7:40 AM, Teal said:

Been a while since I saw the logo but I remember the A connecting to the Rams horn. It is very modern. 

Does it look like an @ ??

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2019 at 4:11 PM, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Really thought Carolina would change over next year 

I was thinking 2021.  However they should leave the current set alone, but scrap the white pants altogether and just have silver and black pants.  I also believe they should use the blue jersey as the primary home uni and have the black jersey as an alternate.  Otherwise, leave it untouched.

I would love the Panthers use the silver pants with the white jersey to match the silver helmet. Surprised they have only done it just ONCE in their franchise history. Looks a whole lot better than the white/white combo with the silver helmet.  I'm all for it!!

1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

oh no...

tenor.gif

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

9 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I was thinking 2021.  However they should leave the current set alone, but scrap the white pants altogether and just have silver and black pants.  I also believe they should use the blue jersey as the primary home uni and have the black jersey as an alternate.  Otherwise, leave it untouched.

I would love the Panthers use the silver pants with the white jersey to match the silver helmet. Surprised they have only done it just ONCE in their franchise history. Looks a whole lot better than the white/white combo with the silver helmet.  I'm all for it!!

I'd rather see them ditch the silver completely.

19 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

disagree.  i hate the black pants.  i do like the larger pant leg stripe now so on TV it breaks up the all black.  this years "silver" pants are more dull gray and don't match up nice with the bright silver helmets.  keep the white pants since they mate with all jerseys (not a fan of blk jersey/white pant, looks like copying Saints look), and hopefully next year have a brighter silver pants to go with black or blue jersey.  would have to see other white on silver combos (Raiders have a few times i think), maybe again the larger blue leg stripe helps.  i still prefer the classic sets of: black on silver, white on white, blue on silver.  that's our identity.  all blue and all black color rush, just minor league imo.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Panthers, with their current look, should only ever wear Black over Silver and White over White.  If they insist on wearing the Blue jerseys, they look best with the White pants.  They should burn the Black pants.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, Volt said:

Panthers, with their current look, should only ever wear Black over Silver and White over White.  If they insist on wearing the Blue jerseys, they look best with the White pants.  They should burn the Black pants.

If the Panthers insist on white pants, then switch to a white helmet and scrap silver altogether.  They have too many colors (black, blue, silver, and white) for their uni combos.  

6 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

If the Panthers insist on white pants, then switch to a white helmet and scrap silver altogether.  They have too many colors (black, blue, silver, and white) for their uni combos.  

Respectfully disagree.  Everyone uses White as a "color", so it's not that they have too many (there are quite a few teams who have a primary, secondary and tertiary color).  Their colors work fine if they stick to Black jersey/Grey pants and White jersey/White pants.  It gets all wacky when they get away from these combos.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I want silver/gray out of the Panthers' look entirely. Black/white/blue is strong enough, silver only muddies the look. I'd be a fan of switching to a white helmet with basically the current uniforms, only with every instance of silver swapped for white. However, this will only work if they stick to white helmets/black jerseys/black pants/blue socks and white/white/white/blue to avoid entire monochrome, with the alt being white/blue/white/blue. I really wish we could have two helmets, since the white helmet might be too much with white jerseys and pants. I will agree on burning the blue pants, they add nothing not already covered well. Also, mixing and matching would not fly under this uniform set.

Quick edit to add another thought: silver is gone, except for the helmet. Helmet remains silver, but it's not used anywhere else, including the uniforms, logos, and merchandise. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

Silver helmet / white pants looks bad in every case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not optimistic that the Bengals will change, but it's worth noting that the last time they had a head coaching change (2003), the uniforms changed the very next year.  The 1996-2003 set was associated with losing, so they replaced it with a far inferior look.  While the current set isn't associated with an embarrassing stretch on par with what the team endured in the 1990s, they do carry the stench of 0-7 in the playoffs, including that horrible night in January 2016 against Pittsburgh in the playoffs.  

I've hated them from day one and look forward to their retirement.  I just hope they knock it out of the park with the redesign, whenever that does come.

Archived