Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

Alphabetical by location:

Buffalo, Miami, New England, New York

Dallas, New York, Philadelphia, Washington

Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota

Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee

Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas (incorrect)

Arizona, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle

 

Meanwhile, only one of eight lines are in alphabetical order by nickname:

Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets (incorrect)

Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Redskins (incorrect)

Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Steelers (incorrect)

Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings

Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Titans (incorrect)

Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Buccaneers (incorrect)

Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders (incorrect)

Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks (the numbers would go first or last)

 

I was only looking at the NFC North.  What other division matters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

Alphabetical by location:

Buffalo, Miami, New England, New York

Dallas, New York, Philadelphia, Washington

Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota

Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee

Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas (incorrect)

Arizona, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle

 

Meanwhile, only one of eight lines are in alphabetical order by nickname:

Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets (incorrect)

Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Redskins (incorrect)

Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Steelers (incorrect)

Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings

Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Titans (incorrect)

Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Buccaneers (incorrect)

Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders (incorrect)

Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks (the numbers would go first or last)

Alphabetical order by 2/3 letter abbreviation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 12:27 PM, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-to-play-back-to-back-home-games-in-london-in-2020

So I wonder how this will affect season tickets in Jacksonville? 

I'm late to this but LMAO at them suggesting they're playing two games in a row in London because of construction near their stadium in Jacksonville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Los and Las are literally “the” and even airports in Spanish speaking countries will list LA and Vegas in those orders. I’m actually surprised US airports do not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

Los and Las are literally “the” and even airports in Spanish speaking countries will list LA and Vegas in those orders. I’m actually surprised US airports do not.

 

In English, proper nouns (e.g. names of cities) are different than regular nouns, and thus, we use all the letters of the cities. 

 

This airport departure sign in Mexico city is sorted by departure time, not alphabet. So, assuming most boards are like this, the odds of having a flight to Los Angeles right next to a flight to Las Vegas is really small. 

 

airport-departures-sign-board-at-benito-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kw11333 said:

6/16 games at home?

 

I believe this is the smallest percentage a team has ever played in it's "home" market. (Not counting New Orleans teams or anything pre 1970)

 

I believe Green Bay played two games at Milwaukee County Stadium in the 80s. 

Unless youre saying thats within the market

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_LV

 

On Wikipedia, the Super Bowl 55 logo has been updated to show more texture. I think the orange is a nod to the sun, the blue on the edges of the L and V and reflecting on the trophy represents water and the grainy texture in the letters might signify sand on the beach. This is all a guess.

 

If that guess is accurate, I think we're getting somewhere with regard to localization in the templated logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally we get a higher quality image of this thing. Is that a sand graphic in the letters? Also, wouldn't orange have made more sense for Atlanta? Is it a tribute to the creamsicle uniforms? 

AAQwqk.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 3:10 PM, Pizzaman7294 said:

 

I believe Green Bay played two games at Milwaukee County Stadium in the 80s. 

Unless youre saying thats within the market

The Packers played games in Milwaukee until 1994. There were years that more than two games were played there, during a time that fewer than 8 games were played at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 1:10 PM, Pizzaman7294 said:

 

I believe Green Bay played two games at Milwaukee County Stadium in the 80s. 

Unless youre saying thats within the market

I would argue Milwaukee is Green Bay’s home market, and I don’t think most people would dispute that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I would argue Milwaukee is Green Bay’s home market, and I don’t think most people would dispute that.

Home market, yes. Nearly completely different base of ticker holders, also yes.

 

In the big picture, it's more different than the same. There are constant comments about the difference in the atmosphere at Lambeau when it is a "Green" game as opposed to a "Gold" game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Home market, yes. Nearly completely different base of ticker holders, also yes.

 

In the big picture, it's more different than the same. There are constant comments about the difference in the atmosphere at Lambeau when it is a "Green" game as opposed to a "Gold" game.

Can you elaborate on what you mean here? This is the first time I’ve ever heard those terms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gobbi said:

Can you elaborate on what you mean here? This is the first time I’ve ever heard those terms. 

Sorry - I assumed it was common knowledge around here.

 

1 - I'm a season ticket holder at Lambeau. I sit in Section 19 (now known as 119 after the 1994 renovation, but I've had this nom de plume for a long time and ain't changing it) Row 53.  I have been a ticket holder for most of my life (back to around 1972).

 

2 - I'm from the Green Bay area although I live closer to Milwaukee today.

 

3 - When the team still played in Milwaukee and Green Bay, there were two different season ticket holder groups - you either had tickets in GB or Mil.  The NFL set the schedule, including which games were played in either location/venue.

 

4 - As Lambeau was being renovated, it became a better venue for paying, financially, playing surface, and amenities for the teams. As teams started requesting to NOT play the Packers in Milwaukee, a decision was made to move all games to Lambeau.

 

5 - So what? Bob Harlan determined that Milwaukee ticket holders would maintain their tickets at Lambeau Field, and that they would be assigned the second and sixth (later becoming the fifth) home game of the season, as well as one of two pre-season games.  This means that there are TWO different season ticket bases for the Packers. Those who have the Green Bay package (like me) are the "Green" package. Those who have the Milwaukee package are the "Gold" package.

 

6 - So, because it is known which ticket base is at which game, it is an easy step to make judgments based on the atmosphere created by the fans. Having attended a few "Gold" games, I don't argue in the accuracy of how the differences are described. Regardless, the people in attendance are different. Also, keep in mind that EVERY DAMN TICKET is sold out to a season ticket holder (ok - that's a lie. Tickets added in the most recent expansion allowed for residents of Brown County, who pay/paid a County Tax to help fund the renovation, could enter a lottery annually for the chance to be assigned one game to get 4 tickets. That game might be regular season or pre-season).

 

If you have more questions, fire away. I think this covers it, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Sorry - I assumed it was common knowledge around here.

 

1 - I'm a season ticket holder at Lambeau. I sit in Section 19 (now known as 119 after the 1994 renovation, but I've had this nom de plume for a long time and ain't changing it) Row 53.  I have been a ticket holder for most of my life (back to around 1972).

 

2 - I'm from the Green Bay area although I live closer to Milwaukee today.

 

3 - When the team still played in Milwaukee and Green Bay, there were two different season ticket holder groups - you either had tickets in GB or Mil.  The NFL set the schedule, including which games were played in either location/venue.

 

4 - As Lambeau was being renovated, it became a better venue for paying, financially, playing surface, and amenities for the teams. As teams started requesting to NOT play the Packers in Milwaukee, a decision was made to move all games to Lambeau.

 

5 - So what? Bob Harlan determined that Milwaukee ticket holders would maintain their tickets at Lambeau Field, and that they would be assigned the second and sixth (later becoming the fifth) home game of the season, as well as one of two pre-season games.  This means that there are TWO different season ticket bases for the Packers. Those who have the Green Bay package (like me) are the "Green" package. Those who have the Milwaukee package are the "Gold" package.

 

6 - So, because it is known which ticket base is at which game, it is an easy step to make judgments based on the atmosphere created by the fans. Having attended a few "Gold" games, I don't argue in the accuracy of how the differences are described. Regardless, the people in attendance are different. Also, keep in mind that EVERY DAMN TICKET is sold out to a season ticket holder (ok - that's a lie. Tickets added in the most recent expansion allowed for residents of Brown County, who pay/paid a County Tax to help fund the renovation, could enter a lottery annually for the chance to be assigned one game to get 4 tickets. That game might be regular season or pre-season).

 

If you have more questions, fire away. I think this covers it, though.

you can definitely tell the difference in atmosphere based off the package.  I work in gameday operations at Lambeau and when we're looking to pump up the crowd we do mention "it's a Gold package day" meaning it's not as loud. It's not every Gold game, but a great majority of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.