NFL 2020

FormerLurker

7 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Anybody else have a bad feeling that all of the teams changing this offseason (Rams, Browns, Falcons, and Bucs) are going to swing too hard in the over simplified direction, á la the Jaguars? 

I don't think any of those teams will be as simple as the Jags. 

The Jags are pretty bare-bone minimalist. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spitballin' here...how likely is it that the Raiders change to their silver numbers outlined in black as a nod to being in the Silver State? Too cheesy? I'm assuming someone here has already thought about it?

1 hour ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Anybody else have a bad feeling that all of the teams changing this offseason (Rams, Browns, Falcons, and Bucs) are going to swing too hard in the over simplified direction, á la the Jaguars? 

If the alternative is anything like what we've gotten since the Nike takeover in Tennessee, Tampa, Seattle, or Cleveland, I'll take over simplified in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

The difference is that the people who had their tickets stripped by the Nets and Broncos weren’t also the owners of the team. 

I know a fair number of season ticket holders, both Green and Gold packages.  Few of them are above selling unused tickets at least now and again. 

44 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

You do know they aren’t actually owners and those certificates are pretty much worthless, right?

They're not worthless to people who value things like NFL financial information or wish to potentially own an actual Super Bowl ring. But apart from what amount to maybe a couple dozen loons who seriously think they're on par with Jerry Jones or the Rooneys, the stock buyers know they're getting little more than a ceremonial title.

I still prefer the Packers to every other ownership model in sports.

12 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Every single day I open this site in the hopes of seeing an update:

”THE DOLPHINS ARE GOING BACK TO THE THROWBACKS FULL-TIME!”

Granted, I’d like to see that with the Jimmy Johnson era logo, but I digress...

Well, you have a long wait for that, since the Dolphins can't change their Uniforms until 2023, since their removal of Navy Blue in 2018 reset the five-year rule.

da0Lbhs.png

20 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure any team requires season ticket holders to show up to a minimum number of games. 

Once you buy the tickets...you can do whatever you want with them. 

Sorta.  In many places, you're responsible for whatever happens in 'your seats', so if you sell them to dufuses that start fights or do other terrible things that would get them banned, you can actually be banned.  Kinda like renters vs owners.  Nobody wants to live next to renters, and if the owner of the rental is known and also a member of the community, there can be a lot of ill will towards that person if they continuously subject the homeonwners in the neighborhood to terrible people by renting out to scumbags.  Not that this is happening in my immediate neighborhood or anything.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not to sure if the Broncos are one of the teams planning to change uniforms in 2020.

But I'll go on record saying something I'm extremely passionate about. The Broncos need to get the :censored: out of navy and orange and leave that color combination to the Chicago Bears who have made navy and orange famous for 100 years.

I'm hoping the Broncos go back to the pre-1997 shade of blue. But, unfortunately I think the Bowlen family has hinted otherwise.

38 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

Not to sure if the Broncos are one of the teams planning to change uniforms in 2020.

But I'll go on record saying something I'm extremely passionate about. The Broncos need to get the :censored: out of navy and orange and leave that color combination to the Chicago Bears who have made navy and orange famous for 100 years.

I'm hoping the Broncos go back to the pre-1997 shade of blue. But, unfortunately I think the Bowlen family has hinted otherwise.

While I, too, enjoy the lighter shade of blue the Broncos used...the Broncos have won more Super Bowls in navy and orange than Bears Super Bowl appearances. 

Joe Ellis is on the record this offseason saying any changes to the Broncos Uniform would not occur until the team has a new permanent owner.

Personally I was never a fan of the lighter blue, looked fake or like a child’s toy or something. The orange being the primary is enough of a distinction from the Bears for me, but if they did change the shade of blue something like what the Giants wear could look sharp.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

While I, too, enjoy the lighter shade of blue the Broncos used...the Broncos have won more Super Bowls in navy and orange than Bears Super Bowl appearances. 

Your point is irrelevant to the conversation. There is far too much value placed on what uniform was worn when championships were won and it's getting to the point of absurdity.

I'm talking about identity. A brand. And the Broncos need to get their own regardless of what Superbowls were or weren't won.

I think being the founding NFL team with 100 years of history in Navy and Orange trumps anything the Broncos ever did or ever will do in the Navy and Orange color combination.

15 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

Your point is irrelevant to the conversation. There is far too much value placed on what uniform was worn when championships were won and it's getting to the point of absurdity.

I'm talking about identity. A brand. And the Broncos need to get their own regardless of what Superbowls were or weren't won.

I think being the founding NFL team with 100 years of history in Navy and Orange trumps anything the Broncos ever did or ever will do in the Navy and Orange color combination.

The Broncos have an identity. 

It's one they've had for ~25 years and won three Super Bowls in. 

More importantly (and I can't stress this enough)...more than one team can wear navy and orange. 

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Broncos have an identity. 

It's one they've had for ~25 years and won three Super Bowls in. 

More importantly (and I can't stress this enough)...more than one team can wear navy and orange. 

There's no other pair of NFL teams that are blatantly wearing the same exact color combination as their primary kit. I had a problem with the Broncos choosing their current set in 1997 and I still do now.

Again, being the founding NFL franchise with over 100 years of history in the Navy and Orange identity trumps anything the Broncos have ever or will ever do in navy and Orange.

6 minutes ago, GrimlockAutobot said:

There's no other pair of NFL teams that are blatantly wearing the same exact color combination as their primary kit. 

The Bears wear navy jerseys...the Broncos wear orange jerseys.

Are you still watching Bears games on a TV you bought 80 years ago? 

Archived