NFL 2020

FormerLurker

1 hour ago, Sport said:

I don't like lettermarks on helmets that requires one side to face the rear of the helmet and/or forces an awkward flipped version of the logo

See: Ravens, Baltimore

GettyImages-122911210.jpg

I've yet to see a concept that successfully updates the Broncos D logo with a good horse in the middle or is an upgrade to the current logo. 

That forced B in the raven head has always bugged me. I get that they put it there to appease the people of Baltimore who wanted something with a B to prevent other non-B cities from stealing away their team and keeping its identity like was done with the Colts. But, it would look so much better without the B crammed into it. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like the Broncos uniforms would be a little better if the home had an outline on the panels like the road jersey does. It needs just a little more trim to look a little less like a practice jersey. Otherwise they have a classic look that could last a long time. It’s one of the few jerseys that side panels actually work for...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I feel like the Broncos uniforms would be a little better if the home had an outline on the panels like the road jersey does. It needs just a little more trim to look a little less like a practice jersey. Otherwise they have a classic look that could last a long time. It’s one of the few jerseys that side panels actually work for...

Something i did up a few years ago. Looks much less practice-y, while being a "safe" change should the Broncos ever consider one.

CbdMiHHUYAAgFet?format=jpg&name=small

6uXNWAo.png

6 hours ago, Sport said:

I've yet to see a concept that successfully updates the Broncos D logo with a good horse in the middle or is an upgrade to the current logo. 

I've seen some really good updates on the D logo, but I don't think there's anything better to actually put on the helmet than the horse head as is. I wouldn't mind bringing the D back, but it doesn't need to be on the helmet.

I think the Broncos horse logo is pretty awesome.  The helmets would be infinitely better without the orange stripe up the middle, IMHO.

Get rid of the paneling, keep the font/colors.  Simplify to pant stripes that go hip to calf.  The Broncos don't need much.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Denver’s color rush is an example of something Nike has gotten right with the NFL and should serve as a basis for a new set.

I keep saying that about a lot of teams and their color rush alternates. Simply because it’s true. New Orleans, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Denver, Giants, to name a few.

23 minutes ago, Sportscenter said:

Since everyone is talking about the Broncos. Here's a shameless plug of a concept I did in 2016 after Denver's first color rush game

spacer.png

Idk, seems like the pointy helmet stripe would clash with the traditional stripes on the rest of the uniform

I know for a fact this is an unpopular opinion, but I think the Broncos' uniform is perfect. Still. 

The logo is great -- it works with negative space, so doesn't need outlines, and still pops off the helmet shell. The uniform design with the "swoosh" (A) Doesn't actually look like a swoosh, so I don't find that as annoying as many do and (B) complements the logo. 

None of the elements are small or get lost in sleeve cuffs and what not. The white numbers tie the big amounts of white in the helmet logo nicely. And that orange swoosh really pops off the white pants when it's running down from the blue jersey. The road uniforms can be kind of an afterthought, but don't look bad. 

And the number font still holds up very well. It wasn't gaudy at the time, nor is it now. It's a very good modern font and hasn't been weighed down with drop shadows. 

I love it. 

On 2/20/2020 at 2:29 PM, Cujo said:

Something i did up a few years ago. Looks much less practice-y, while being a "safe" change should the Broncos ever consider one.

CbdMiHHUYAAgFet?format=jpg&name=small

I think ideally the Broncos should do this. The Orange is their main Jersey so reflecting that with the change to accent on the whites would make it loads better.

1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Let's Cleve-Jack this for a second. 

Could the stripes by themselves be a new alternate logo?

Hmmph...I'm wearing that same exact pullover right now.  

Stripes as part of the primary, or as an alternate, could be interesting.  

3 hours ago, Sportscenter said:

Since everyone is talking about the Broncos. Here's a shameless plug of a concept I did in 2016 after Denver's first color rush game

spacer.png

This would be an upgrade.  I'd settle on 1 single number font (the CR font or similar) and I'd never wear White over Orange pants with a Navy helmet (White jersey over Navy pants would be :censored:).  

Denver has to retire that number font whenever they do change.  Gotta go to the D on the helmet, too.

12 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I think ideally the Broncos should do this. The Orange is their main Jersey so reflecting that with the change to accent on the whites would make it loads better.

Are you advocating for...piping?

I'm calling the police.

12 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Orange numbers are kind of tough to pull

off. The Buccaneers looked better with red numbers in the 80s, and the Broncos’ blue numbers have worked for 55+ years. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived