Jump to content

NFL 2020


FormerLurker
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

-Chargers: reverting to 2018 uniforms, basically. Goodbye to yellow facemask, and baby blue goes back to alternate status. Either white or navy facemask. No other changes. (The Spanos family hates any color that has even a hint of personality, so...)

 

Unpopular opinion: I'm in the camp that in order for the team to be viable in LA for the foreseeable future, the Chargers name and brand should be retired completely (or given to the city of SD) and replaced with a 100% new brand for LA in particular, similar to what Bud Adams did re-branding the Oilers to the Titans a few years into the move to Tennessee 

 

The Chargers name has no meaning to the LA area and I have an eerie feeling with the new stadium, things might get embarrassing for the league if the Chargers games aren't able to sell out or, even worse, are filled with opposing fans like it has been for the past few years. A team that truly feels like it belongs to LA could definitely change things, although the Raiders moving to Vegas doesn't help things for either LA team either 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, canzman said:

I cannot state where I got my info, but confirmed 7 teams making changes for 2020:

 

Browns

Buccaneers

Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Falcons

Patriots

Rams

 

These are changes to primary homes and aways and not just a change to an alternate. All the Broncos talk can stop... they are not making any changes for the 2020 season.

 

Thank you for sharing.  Please share more if/when you can.

 

The Patriots getting a change will be very welcome and kind of exciting b/c they have such a great color palette.  I hope Tom moves on so we can just call those era of uniforms the TBJ's.  

 

With them and the Falcons updating, that leaves just the Bengals and Cardinals as the last remaining holdouts wearing the nightmarish piping/paneling jerseys of the early-2000's.  They have to be early candidates for new uniforms in 2021, along with the Eagles and Panthers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kinda figured the Chargers would be changing, given that they're moving into the new stadium and have experimented with yellow facemasks. They also made the powder blues the home primaries and left the roads being navy-heavy so something was gonna give. I believe someone here claimed that they're getting a new logo as well, but I guess that remains to be seen.

 

I didn't think about New England, but it doesn't surprise me at all. Their current uniforms are a product of the 2000's, though I think there are some salvageable elements in their identity (the logo and the font).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So does this guy need to be vetted by the mods like Teal had to (and refused)?

We'll see if the rumors are true in about a month. That will set the bar for reliability pretty quickly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So does this guy need to be vetted by the mods like Teal had to (and refused)?

You mean the guy who does the weekly uniform combos thread? I think he’s done enough to prove his accuracy. He also isn’t playing guessing games like Teal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So does this guy need to be vetted by the mods like Teal had to (and refused)?

 

canzman has been accurate about a lot of NFL stuff before. He gave us the most accurate information about Color Rush before it was unveiled. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Volt said:

 

With them and the Falcons updating, that leaves just the Bengals and Cardinals as the last remaining holdouts wearing the nightmarish piping/paneling jerseys of the early-2000's.  They have to be early candidates for new uniforms in 2021, along with the Eagles and Panthers.

 

Don't forget the Broncos. Along with the Cardinals, theirs might be the worst.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

 

Long live the 90's!!! (and early 00's!)

 

Image result for 2002 falcons buccaneers

 

 

Hey I wasn't around back in 2001, but I have a question:

 

Did you guys all complain about Reebok's uniforms showing sweat here on your razzle dazzle nylon & mesh fabrics the same way you all agonized over Nike's "sweatboxes" in the Elite 51 template?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Volt said:

 

Hey I wasn't around back in 2001, but I have a question:

 

Did you guys all complain about Reebok's uniforms showing sweat here on your razzle dazzle nylon & mesh fabrics the same way you all agonized over Nike's "sweatboxes" in the Elite 51 template?  

The sweat wasn’t cut off to show design elements, sweat is natural we all know that but when you see drastically different materials for marketing purposes is the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dont care said:

You mean the guy who does the weekly uniform combos thread? I think he’s done enough to prove his accuracy. He also isn’t playing guessing games like Teal.

 

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

canzman has been accurate about a lot of NFL stuff before. He gave us the most accurate information about Color Rush before it was unveiled. 

 

Didn't realize it was the same guy.  Didn't recognize the name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Volt said:

 

Hey I wasn't around back in 2001, but I have a question:

 

Did you guys all complain about Reebok's uniforms showing sweat here on your razzle dazzle nylon & mesh fabrics the same way you all agonized over Nike's "sweatboxes" in the Elite 51 template?  

 

The swoosh check is in the mail.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, canzman said:

I cannot state where I got my info, but confirmed 7 teams making changes for 2020:

 

Browns

Buccaneers

Chargers
Colts (very minor)

Falcons

Patriots

Rams

 

These are changes to primary homes and aways and not just a change to an alternate. All the Broncos talk can stop... they are not making any changes for the 2020 season.

Disappointed that the Bengals aren’t changing, we’re getting a new QB with the 1st pick in the draft, a new Head Coach came in last year. Can we at least get a throwback? We don’t even need to break the one helmet rule to bring back the shoulder stripe unis. Please tell me next year we are, Joe Burrow deserves better at least

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TBGKon locked this topic
  • LMU unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.