NFL 2020

FormerLurker

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Interesting. I think most people on this board would've expected the Rams to be the easiest to pull off.

Somewhere along the way, I read that someone with the Rams said a variation of "respect the past, embrace the future." From that point forward, I knew the Rams were doomed. 

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Somewhere along the way, I read that someone with the Rams said a variation of "respect the past, embrace the future." From that point forward, I knew the Rams were doomed. 

This phrase is probably used in 90% of all new redesigns, and isn't indicative of anything at all. You guys put way too much stock into marketing jargon and social media lingo.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, henburg said:

This phrase is probably used in 90% of all new redesigns, and isn't indicative of anything at all. You guys put way too much stock into marketing jargon and social media lingo.

Not to mention, going off of the opinion of one person without seeing the actual product for themselves. We all know uniforms look at least 5x better on actual players than a computer graphic. 

45 minutes ago, henburg said:

1. We'll see.

2. And you, whoever you are, take this stuff way too seriously. Don't paint with such a broad brush, chief. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

True. 

The Nuggets actually got it right for a brief moment. And then the moment was gone.

will-barton-nba-denver-nuggets-philadelp

kenneth-faried-danilo-gallinari-nba-sacr

Side Note: Look at the "NUGGETS" on the white jersey for proof the Chargers need to flip the outline colors on the bolts. 

The Nuggets looked even better pre-adidas Rev30. I won't count the shimmer fabric that worked really well for them (and only them?) because they obviously couldn't keep it, but this set was a step back from the white wordmark/numbers and yellow trim on the road uniform and light blue wordmark/numbers and light blue trim on the home uniform.

2 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

The Nuggets looked even better pre-adidas Rev30. I won't count the shimmer fabric that worked really well for them (and only them?) because they obviously couldn't keep it, but this set was a step back from the white wordmark/numbers and yellow trim on the road uniform and light blue wordmark/numbers and light blue trim on the home uniform.

Fair enough. I thought the short lived version was better than the shimmer version based on the sharpness of the wordmarks and the way the gold lettering stood out. The later version also had a neat trick where the side panel always matched the wordmark:

home uniform: light blue outermost trim -> navy inner trim -> gold center

road uniform: white outermost trim -> navy inner trim -> gold center

With the numbers staying navy outlined in gold, there were only minor changes in the shift from home to away. Again, that's personal preference but I think they nailed it.

17 hours ago, Volt said:

Just for :censored:s & giggles, can someone better at Photoshop than me change the facemask in this image from Grey to Blue?

Don't mean to bring it back to the colts, but here ya go

g3bW51P.png

super quick or whatever, but IMO not terrible

13 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I'm very curious about these changes to the Pats uniforms given that there has been no indication whatsoever from the organization of any changes coming. I really don't have the slightest clue what direction they'll go in with this. 

I'm really hoping they drop silver from their pallet. The colour rush set is a winner so I'm hoping for a white helmet to complement the look. Just my opinion of course but I think it would be an improvement.

The only downside with this is that the entire AFC East would have white helmets. 

3 minutes ago, Brummie said:

I'm really hoping they drop silver from their pallet. The colour rush set is a winner so I'm hoping for a white helmet to complement the look. Just my opinion of course but I think it would be an improvement.

The only downside with this is that the entire AFC East would have white helmets. 

Jets helmets are green

26 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I'm very curious about these changes to the Pats uniforms given that there has been no indication whatsoever from the organization of any changes coming. I really don't have the slightest clue what direction they'll go in with this. 

Theyve been slowly using the Color Rush uniform more and more. I'd lean towards something like that as a prediction

spacer.png

spacer.png

I understand people are down on the Pats' current look, with all the panels and piping, but I really don't get the love for the color rush uniform.  It's got those awkward cut-off shoulder stripes that only Under Armor and UCLA seem to be able to pull off on a modern jersey, no TV numbers, it's only been worn so far as a rinky dink monochrome combination. It's actually pretty dull IMO, and that's coming from someone who will defend the current Jags uniform.

The Patriots need a new look, but that snoozy color rush thing isn't it.

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

#bringbackthespecialstripes

spacer.png

Those pants stripes are wonderful.

Kinda wish they would wear the gray facemasks for one home game, like MNF or SNF or something. They don't need to ditch the red facemask...just bring back the gray facemask if the one helmet rule forces them to keep all pre-93 throwbacks shelved. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived