NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Patriots news is what I'm most skeptical of.  Given the lead time needed to get major changes made (2 years, right?), that would mean that they started this process back in 2018 (right around the time they lost the Super Bowl to the eventual Super Bowl LII Champion Philadelphia Eagles).  I totally see them moving on from this look once the 'next era' of Patriots football starts (basically the post-Brady era), but to start the process while still in the middle of their second dynasty seems a little odd... unless Brady's contract situation factored into it and they figured 2020 would be year one After Tom.  I can't imagine that's the case though.

I'm skeptical too, but would really love it.

Despite the "power of the brand" in regards to this look, yes, no doubt that exists.  Doesn't make up for the fact that unis are a dated mess.  

The helmet is great and doesn't really need to change.  The Flyin' Elvis could go, but with that could likely come a helmet change, if they're going for a full overhaul.  The uniform itself needs to go. 

This is what I was hoping the XFL would do with their Washington team.  I'm not saying the Pats should do this, but it's my argument for keeping Grey in order to differentiate themselves from the Giants, and as another poster said, the Bills:

YUmGg9k.jpg

wM2Fn9c.jpg

This would pair perfectly with the Pats' current Silver helmet.  Could be a number legibility issue on the White jerseys, though. But, pair these with a sock with a matching sleeve stripe?  Mmmm baby.

Just for fun, this was my quick re-color of the DC Defenders logo. 

h8m3eKI.jpg

Sigh, what could have been.

9 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

Normally I would agree but Patriots fans have shown they love the red. Also I think it’s worth noting they probably thought Brady would be retired by now.

Broncos did it with Elway. 

For the Chiefs one of those posters was me, and I will clarify what I heard. From a friend who doesn’t bs and doesn’t even follow football he told me he’d worked on a phot set for a promo for Nike with Chiefs players and a new uniform. Maybe it’s a new alternate. Maybe it’s a change coming next year. Maybe it’s a completely unrelated ad campaign that for whatever reason they didn’t use Chiefs uniforms. I don’t know, I only passed on what I was told.

You said they created a set for Mahomes and submitted it "right before the deadline" (do you even know when the deadline is??)...which would have been 2018, before Mahomes even started his first game (edit he started one game in 2017...still not enough to change uniforms for the guy)

The Chiefs haven’t touched their uniforms for anyone in decades. 

It didn’t (and still doesn’t) add up.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

The same reason you mess with anything; because it can always be better.

That is what the Buccaneers and Jaguars thought as well and both of their Nike updates turned out to be trash! 

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, dont care said:

They are for this upcoming season, OTA’s after the uniforms would be unveiled. It’s showing that the logo isn’t changing

That's the assumption. They could still change it, technically. 

Anyone recall what happened with the Jets stuff last year? I believe they held off Jets draft hats until the new logo was unveiled. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

That's the assumption. They could still change it, technically. 

Anyone recall what happened with the Jets stuff last year? I believe they held off Jets draft hats until the new logo was unveiled. 

So the fact that they released it means they are keeping the logo...

Archived