NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Fair point. I understand the historical side to it, just wish it could happen. Who knows, tey could have a team in London in the near future.

I doubt London will ever happen. Not unless they can figure out the scheduling side of it 😛

I think the aversion to the Patriots in red is born of two factors. First, the fact that the Patriots of the American Revolution wore blue and fought the redcoat'd British. Secondly, the Pats in red were a laughing stock. Their one Super Bowl appearance in it saw them getting demolished by the Bears. Meanwhile they have a 6-4 record with the blue-dominated Flying Elvis look.

I know people don't like the argument that teams need to keep an identity they won a championship in, but if you're the Patriots what reason is there to wear red aside from the occasional throwback game? Why hearken back to the days when you sucked, no one cared, and the owner lived in the press box when you could hearken back to the days of the best QB of his generation (if ever), six titles, and a dynasty that stretched two decades?

17 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Or harken back to the throwbacks to it.

spacer.png

On second thought, how about no? 😳

I will say, it makes for a decent “murderabilia” item. It should go nicely with a Rae Carruth or Robert Rozier jersey.

So you're saying they can't wear this because Aaron Hernandez wore it?

In your world, how are they allowed to wear their current uniform, which he wore FAR more?

It's where I sit.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:22 PM, axiom20xx said:

have heard nothing about uniform changes for the Chargers, just a new bolt and the shield being the primary logo.

gonna try to get some info on the uniforms. OTA hat is the first sign of the Shield being used as the Primary.

1 hour ago, Newport said:

Pats have the opportunity to be the first Silver - Red - Silver team in the league. 

For some reason I always fear they'll look like this:

helden_aus_der_zweite_reihe_2.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Or harken back to the throwbacks to it.

spacer.png

On second thought, how about no? 😳

I will say, it makes for a decent “murderabilia” item. It should go nicely with a Rae Carruth or Robert Rozier jersey.

When the Patriots wore those full time I was barely aware New England even had a pro football team.

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

I know people don't like the argument that teams need to keep an identity they won a championship in, but if you're the Patriots what reason is there to wear red aside from the occasional throwback game? Why hearken back to the days when you sucked, no one cared, and the owner lived in the press box when you could hearken back to the days of the best QB of his generation (if ever), six titles, and a dynasty that stretched two decades?

The Edmonton Oilers would like to remind you of their humble days as the Alberta Oilers and not dwell on that Gretzky guy or those five Cups.

Hopefully they don't do what the Titans and Seahawks did and move to a navy helmet with the same (or similar) logo.  It worked out for Seattle, but Tennessee looks horrible, and I think the Patriots would too.  Elvis on a white lid wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but silver should be it going forward.

Elvis works as a helmet mark, but they need a better primary - one that scales better and is more proportional.,  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived