NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IceCap said:

Anchorage makes more sense then London. 

Well, not quite.  The population density of London is about 70 times that of Anchorage.

Also, Anchorage has about 300,000 residents, or about the same number of people as the combined attendance of the four NFL games held in London this past season.  

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

21 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Well, not quite.  The population density of London is about 70 times that of Anchorage.

Also, Anchorage has about 300,000 residents, or about the same number of people as the the combined attendance of the four NFL games held in London this past season.  

Yes but the league can schedule games in Anchorage without completely messing with the rest of the league 😛 

25 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

As a broader issue, the "We need to modernize to differentiate ourselves from past eras" program rarely works out. Usually it just winds up being gimmicky without really adding something to the broader uniform language. 

Yeah. Sometimes the throwbacks are just what is needed. I suspect that's the case here, and whatever they roll out will be quickly replaced by throwback-alikes relatively quickly. 

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

Anchorage makes more sense then London. 

After seeing a proposed schedule for the London Jaguars, I believe it can work very well. Season:

- First 4 games away and the team is based in Jacksonville

- Next 8 at home in London

- Last 4 away and team again based in Jacksonville 

Now, playoffs would be a glitch, but the regular season works in my opinion. 

Non-green fields are for alien planets.  Grass is green.  If it's not grass, make it look like grass, which is green.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 minute ago, CherryMX said:

Non-green fields are for alien planets.  Grass is green.  If it's not grass, make it look like grass, which is green.

I believe the NFL has a rule the grass has to be green, even field turf has to be a variation of green. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

First 4 games away and the team is based in Jacksonville

Don’t worry about playoffs. With a sked like that, they aren't making it. 

1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:
1 hour ago, IceCap said:

Teal was suspended because he constantly acted in a self-centred prima donna and not because of any insider info he had. 

I hope that clarifies things. 

I do not care. It was legit news. Everything he said months ago is proving to be correct. That should mean something. I’ll take a jackass with facts over the alternative.

Seems like you care at least a little bit. 

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I don't know, if you split the first 4, you have a good chance to run the next 8 and could be 10-2 going into the final 4 games. 

I'm just thinking about the reality of being on the road for 16 games! All the US games would have to be on the road, so 4 weeks of travel, two times. And unless all the players set up permanent shop in London, they'll effectively be on the road those 8 weeks too. 

It'll be brutal. 

15 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

After seeing a proposed schedule for the London Jaguars, I believe it can work very well. Season:

At that rate, just contract the team and take the Washington team with them. 

36 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

It would be funny if the home games were all played in Jacksonville and all 8 games in London were road games.

25 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

I'm just thinking about the reality of being on the road for 16 games! All the US games would have to be on the road, so 4 weeks of travel, two times. And unless all the players set up permanent shop in London, they'll effectively be on the road those 8 weeks too. 

It'll be brutal. 

That was the point for 8 straight in London, that the players/coaches could live there for 2 months, get settled in. Huge home field advantage. 

18 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

It'll be brutal. 

The better paid players could possibly be there year round, just maybe not in London proper for some of them. It also depends on where they would set up permanent training facilities. a 3 BR home in Milton Keynes can be bought for as little, relatively speaking, as $350,000. I wonder if players would also want to receive some type of COLA allotment as well for playing overseas. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

51 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

At that rate, just contract the team and take the Washington team with them. 

The Seahawks?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

35 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The better paid players could possibly be there year round, just maybe not in London proper for some of them. It also depends on where they would set up permanent training facilities. a 3 BR home in Milton Keynes can be bought for as little, relatively speaking, as $350,000. I wonder if players would also want to receive some type of COLA allotment as well for playing overseas. 

Clearly there'd have to be some sort of premium. A big-time NFLPA issue. 

On 3/5/2020 at 12:27 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

It’s just yellow that has a little orange in it. 

Sports teams call it “gold” because yellow is associated with cowards. 

Gold is metallic because... it’s a metal. Not all metals are shiny and reflective, but let’s not pretend that the word “gold” evokes anything other than shiny gold bricks, that if represented on flat medium, could look like banana yellow, “athletic gold”, or a whole host of other yellow/mustard colors. 

You're all a bunch of athletic gold-bellied cowards!

Be sure to take malaria medicine to prevent athletic gold fever.

My car broke down so I had to call Athletic Gold Cab.

Follow the athletic gold brick road.

Let your fingers do the walking (Athletic Gold Pages)

My favorite drink? Mellow Athletic Gold.

We all live in an athletic gold submarine!

And my favorite national park: Athletic Goldstone Park.

Thank you, I'll be here all week...🙄

Archived