Jump to content

NFL 2020


FormerLurker
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Navy would be awesome. The red facemask has always stuck out to me. It's too bright and distracting. 

 

The red provides some color balance on a uniform that is navy-heavy. 

 

I've never seen a concept of a Patriots helmet where a navy facemask looked better than the red facemask. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Volt said:

Let's hope the facemask remains Red, or at worst, changes to Navy.  Grey on Silver is really drab.

 

Anyone care to mock up a Pats helmet with a Navy mask?  Maybe with the Red/White/Red stripe from a few pages back?

 

Here's a super quick and dirty Photoshop with a navy mask....

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

"Won't be dramatic" makes me upset

 

Keep in mind that "subtle" and "dramatic" mean different things to different people.  I'm willing to bet that we would consider a lot of "subtle" changes to actually be "dramatic".

 

 

7 minutes ago, HailGoldPants said:

 

Here's a super quick and dirty Photoshop with a navy mask....

 

spacer.png

 

The only way that helmet works with a stripe is if it's a tapered one like the Ravens.  The logo is too long and too pointy to be mixed with a stripe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The red facemask adds a lot of pop and really stands out, making it a very unique helmet in the NFL. The silver and the navy would just kinda fade away into the background. 
 

As for the uniforms, I honestly really like the design of the currents for the most part. The only meh part is the side panels. I’d hope that ditching those would be all that they’re doing. The road is where it’s the most notable, but even ditching it on the home would be good. The color rushes could also be good. However, the stripes are too red heavy. A WRW stripe would look a lot better...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

The red provides some color balance on a uniform that is navy-heavy. 

 

I've never seen a concept of a Patriots helmet where a navy facemask looked better than the red facemask. 

 

 

 

After seeing the above mock-up, I now agree.  Needs to be Red.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Light colored helmet over dark jersey... match the facemask to the jersey.  Simple, never fails.  This is what the Patriots need to do.  The red mask is clownish.

 

spacer.png

 

 

Silver/gray facemask would still work better than navy. The Raiders/Cowboys/Lions have gray/silverish facemasks that don't match the jersey and look great. A Cowboys helmet with a navy facemask would look awful.

 

The Browns gray facemask is better than the brown facemask. 

 

Some would say the Packers gray facemask worked better than the green. 

 

I'm literally giving you the argument of "gray facemask is better" (which you championed for years) and, maybe to be contrarian, you're like "nah, I have a new rule".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

 

I'm literally giving you the argument of "gray facemask is better" (which you championed for years) and, maybe to be contrarian, you're like "nah, I have a new rule".

 

Ha!  I thought we were debating navy vs red.  You're right... Gray is always a legitimate option, and very often the best one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

The red provides some color balance on a uniform that is navy-heavy. 

 

I've never seen a concept of a Patriots helmet where a navy facemask looked better than the red facemask. 

 

 

The red face mask is awesome. Hope it’s not changing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Volt said:

Let's hope the facemask remains Red, or at worst, changes to Navy.  Grey on Silver is really drab.

 

Anyone care to mock up a Pats helmet with a Navy mask?  Maybe with the Red/White/Red stripe from a few pages back?

I did this with mini helmets some time ago. I had to find the picture again. Here's grey, navy, red, and white masks.

bEP3YcI.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I did this with mini helmets some time ago. I had to find the picture again. Here's grey, navy, red, and white masks.

bEP3YcI.jpg

 

I'm sorry but the red facemask is still my favorite, with navy blue being a close second.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The red facemask is one of my favorite touches.  It really makes the whole uniform less drab. 

 

I agree that by most books, it should be blue, but there's exceptions to every rule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • TBGKon locked this topic
  • LMU unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.