NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Geez, 3 of them are yellow, that would change the look of things. 

I don't hate the Browns or Giants tbh and the Steelers rocked that look eons ago.

On its own, I don't mind the white Saints helmet. But you know they would pair with the white jersey and the white pants with no stripes. 

One thing I think we're all leaving out of this change in the helmet rule: If the new rule permitted it, would teams re-visit the Eagles and Seahawks old idea of having home and away helmets? I think that's as likely as throwback helmets, depending on how the new rule is written. And yes, if both were permitted, then the NFL is well on its way to being just like college football when it comes to uniforms.

26 minutes ago, jws008 said:

One thing I think we're all leaving out of this change in the helmet rule: If the new rule permitted it, would teams re-visit the Eagles and Seahawks old idea of having home and away helmets? I think that's as likely as throwback helmets, depending on how the new rule is written. And yes, if both were permitted, then the NFL is well on its way to being just like college football when it comes to uniforms.

I would hope that the NFL would limit the use of alternate helmets just like they have done with the color rush alternates. I liked when the Seahawks had the idea of a home and away helmet with their previous set. Now, it seems like that would open Pandora's box.

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

I would assume the NFL would limit the use of an alternate helmet to 2-3. Maybe even add that teams can only wear them with a throwback, alternate or color rush uniform set.

And I would assume they might say something like that at first, but within a few seasons, those restrictions will be chipped away it.  Basically, exactly what's happened with alternative jerseys and pants.

15 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And I would assume they might say something like that at first, but within a few seasons, those restrictions will be chipped away it.  Basically, exactly what's happened with alternative jerseys and pants.

Maybe it is a naive viewpoint but I don't think it would become the Wild West like the NBA has become with Nike.

44 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That never happened before though.

27 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Maybe it is a naive viewpoint but I don't think it would become the Wild West like the NBA has become with Nike.

Yeah the NFL is far more restrictive with their uniform policies and teams have been more conservative. The majority of NFL uniforms and brands haven't changed in more than 20 years at this point, whereas I can't think of an NBA team that hasn't re-branded in the past two decades outside of the Bulls, Heat, and Celtics. The NBA probably has some of the weakest overall team brands in all of sports.

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

I'm a person who actually really likes the current Seahawks set, but after seeing that photoshop of Russ in the old set, yes, that would absolutely be awesome.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm a person who actually really likes the current Seahawks set, but after seeing that photoshop of Russ in the old set, yes, that would absolutely be awesome.

I wouldn’t mind a merging of the two sets. The old as the basis while integrating the sublimated feather pattern onto the helmet and within the sleeve & pants stripes while using the current logo as well

6 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

It took me a couple glances, but I realized the left sleeve (our right) is actually blank and the undershirt is what carries the sleeve stripe. Which IMO looks really good 

There's also the argument that not every player wears the undershirt though. 

The photoshop is kind of a wreck because the right arm looks like the logo is on the jersey sleeve. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

There's also the argument that not every player wears the undershirt though. 

The sleeve logo being a part of the undershirt and not the actual jersey would be a downgrade but I'd love to see the Seahawks in those again.

Archived