NFL 2020

FormerLurker

12 minutes ago, dont care said:

Beating the pats at that time wasn’t an accomplishment at all.

The 1994 Patriots went 10-6 and made the playoffs. And in 2 years would play in the Super Bowl. This wasn't the 1988-1993 Patriots.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

spacer.png

Official 1999-Present front-facing head logo
spacer.png

My own, slightly tweaked/sloppily fixed version of the 1999 alternate logo with SYMMETRICAL keyline (inspired by symmetry of original one from 1996)
spacer.png

The current one looks cartoonish compared to the older one.

8 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

DYxjbRQVQAEaAH-.jpg
Sooooo can something like this happen in 2021? 

No. Color Rush uniforms can only use a team color, or a past team color. If your team never wore the color, you can't use it.

da0Lbhs.png

Yeah, they would had to add Columbia blue / Luv ya blue into their brand palette. Now i'd imagine it could be a small secondary color or IE trim or just in the logo and they could pull it off. But I'm pretty sure the powers that be in Nashville would pitch a fit.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

5 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Yeah, they would had to add Columbia blue / Luv ya blue into their brand palette. Now i'd imagine it could be a small secondary color or IE trim or just in the logo and they could pull it off. But I'm pretty sure the powers that be in Nashville would pitch a fit.

Two questions: would just making the swooshes Columbia Blue be enough? Second, could they do that with little to no warning like the Chargers changed their NOB’s a few years ago?

22 hours ago, dont care said:

Beating the pats at that time wasn’t an accomplishment at all.

Beating the '94 Patriots was more of an accomplishment in the playoffs than early-to-mid regular season. Pats won 7 games in a row, including a win over the AFC-Champion Chargers and a dominating road win in Buffalo, to make the playoffs. Parcells had them playing fantastic football at the end of the year. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Meshmaster101 said:

i like the idea of the texans moving to a silver helmet i think that would look neat. it's usually a good idea to keep the main jersey color and helmet color different IMO

So they look like the redneck patriots?

1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

Two questions: would just making the swooshes Columbia Blue be enough? Second, could they do that with little to no warning like the Chargers changed their NOB’s a few years ago?

i'm not 100% but pretty curtain that would be passable, but of course would reset the club's 5 year clause which is still out for a few more years because of the minor tweak of adding the team logo above the nameplace ( correct me if i'm wrong.)

And someone else mentioned a Silver helmet as well!  The idea is nice on it's own, but not for a team being in the same state as the Cowboys and at that point you've pretty much are sharing a color palette with a division rival with special animosity.

Texans, honestly have a very clean combo as is, they really just need to switch the primary and truly embrace the battle red, because as it is now a get a bit of a NYG feel from them in the all blues.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

2 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  THE SWOOSHES SHOULD NOT BE A DESIGN ELEMENT OF THE JERSEY!

You've fallen into Nike's trap - hook, line, and sinker.  They've made it so that their swoosh is not just an ad patch thrown on the jersey, but an integral part of its very design, since in some cases it is used to intentionally add color to places.  The Jags and Titans are examples of this.  The fact that anyone even suggests that a team could integrate a color by using an ad patch in that color makes me weep.  

It's not much different than if the Giants wanted to work blue into their away jersey, so rather than make the outer stripes blue, they signed a deal with Ford to put their blue logo on the jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, jgiff17 said:

Did the chargers have that color rush color anywhere in Any of their logos?

No, but it’s a color they’ve worn in their history. So technically the Broncos could have a brown or yellow color rush, The stealers a Cream one, the Jets a navy or gold one, the Raiders a gold one, Rams a red one, etc...

I love the Texans simple uniform selection especially their color rush unis but might as well give us fans the color we want! You go to a game and you see Oiler gear still just like the Astros retro gear! Plus your big time players sport the poker jerseys all the time. If the titans don’t want anything to do with the Houston history we might as well pay homage to the history as much as they can without the Adams family getting all bent outta shape. 

4 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

No, but it’s a color they’ve worn in their history. So technically the Broncos could have a brown or yellow color rush, The stealers a Cream one, the Jets a navy or gold one, the Raiders a gold one, Rams a red one, etc...

So then they need to make the Nike swoosh luv ya blue or a secondary logo with a small luv ya blue deal like the bucs and the creamsicle football? 

Would changing the swoosh color really matter to the 5 year rule? I don't believe that adding the Texans logo above the nameplate a year or two ago reset it. Another instance of this was the Titans making their numbers on the light blue jersey bigger, the year after they unveiled their current uniforms. I feel like the NFL would let fly such a small change.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Archived