NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

Guessing games are fun but the mod is right it’s derailing the thread. I’ve heard it’s the Chiefs, and that they began the process as soon as they saw how special Mahomes was to commemorate a new era. Barely made the 2020 deadline.

How is this post any different than Teal’s?

It’s an unsourced tease, or an opinion parading as rumor, at best.

As a Chiefs fan, I’d be flat out shocked if Clark Hunt would let this happen.   The Chiefs, Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Bears, etc. will likely never ever change, nor should they.  

This has to be the Pats or Falcons.

2 minutes ago, bowld said:

If its KC I would expect to see more black used. The red/yellow is pretty bright when paired together. I can see an alternate Black jersey since they usually sell like hotcakes 

I’m not privy to the color scheme or logo change or any of that, but I do know that this is a full Nike rebrand, more like Seattle than Jacksonville.

Just now, FormerLurker said:

I’m not privy to the color scheme or logo change or any of that, but I do know that this is a full Nike rebrand, more like Seattle than Jacksonville.

Chiefs Kingdom would revolt.

11 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

Guessing games are fun but the mod is right it’s derailing the thread. I’ve heard it’s the Chiefs, and that they began the process as soon as they saw how special Mahomes was to commemorate a new era. Barely made the 2020 deadline.

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

How is this post any different than Teal’s?

It’s an unsourced tease, or an opinion parading as rumor, at best.

Well, @Teal has come out and said that he has first-hand inside information.  My understanding is that @FormerLurker is reporting rumors.

But both are pretty uncool, with people saying that they have inside information but aren't going to tell us what that is beyond vague teases.  

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Doesn't seem that different to me.  Both are pretty uncool, with people saying that they have inside information but aren't going to tell us what that is beyond vague teases.  

I’ve shared the extent of my knowledge. New logo, full Nike, and I don’t know anything about colors staying the same or changing, and that they almost weren’t allowed to do it this season because it was so close to the deadline back in 2018.

If I learn more I will share, but that’s all I can offer right now.

2 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

I’ve shared the extent of my knowledge. New logo, full Nike, and I don’t know anything about colors staying the same or changing, and that they almost weren’t allowed to do it this season because it was so close to the deadline back in 2018.

My mistake then.  I misunderstood.

1 minute ago, jmac11281 said:

Green Bay, Oakland (Las Vegas/Los Angeles/whatever), Kansas City, Chicago, and Pittsburgh should not even be eligible for any rebranding ever. The rest can be up for debate on an individual basis.

Agreed, with one minor proviso: the Steelers can go back to their classic block numbers at any time.

1181488809.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=1173

But that's it.

15 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

source?

8 minutes ago, bowld said:

Lurker has no reason to lie. If he has info that its KC then its most likely going to come true. 

There have been dozens, maybe hundreds, of people who have come on these boards peddling false uniform information over the years. And 10X as many on places like reddit. Remember how the Browns were definitely getting white helmets? How the Broncos were going gunmetal gray?

Forgive me for saying it, but "he has no reason to lie so it must be correct" is naive at best and probably just stupid.

Archived