NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

My ideal Texans/Titans & the Oilers branding is that the Texans should stay, and the Titans should own that light blue and red scheme. Add navy as a trim color. Silver could also work too.

I’d be cool with that but just allowing that color scheme to die is shameful!

I’m sorry guys for bringing this up again I’m just excited about the extra helmet(s) and sitting around waiting day after day for all these changes to leak from all the teams that are changing is making me crazy!!!

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

5224708_texans-oilers-split.jpg
just slap a Texans decal on the lid or the HT secondary logo against the titans and BAM! Screw the titans and the whole Adams family! 

pretty sure the Texans can’t wear the oilers colors at all. I know a year or so ago JJ Watt was trying to pitch and Bud Adams daughter who runs the team now, shut it down. Something about it being a rights issue.

20 minutes ago, Jgreiner said:

pretty sure the Texans can’t wear the oilers colors at all. I know a year or so ado JJ Watt was trying to pitch and Bud Adams daughter who runs the team now, shut it down. Something about it being a rights issue.

I feel like there is something ironic or hypocritical about holding a claim to those colors and history. You abandoned a great sports city who had just renovated the astrodome less than a decade before you left for a small city that has visitors outnumber you 2-1. I understand the Adams family owns the history but I feel the situation for them leaving Houston is why history should be left in a city.

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

I feel like there is something ironic or hypocritical about holding a claim to those colors and history. You abandoned a great sports city who had just renovated the astrodome less than a decade before you left for a small city that has visitors outnumber you 2-1. I understand the Adams family owns the history but I feel the situation for them leaving Houston is why history should be left in a city.

🙄

Yes there’s history of the team in Houston, but that doesn’t mean making a pointless attempt at hacking the Oilers/Titans into two different entities solely because they skipped town. The Adams family owns the Oilers brand. Not the city of Houston.

The Oilers are the Titans

The Titans are the Oilers

The Texans are the Texans

because bud adams liked to hold a grudge. He was pissed because the city was getting ready to approve and move forward with Minute Maid park and the Toyota Center when he had been beginning for years to get approval on a new football stadium.

29 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Yes there’s history of the team in Houston, but that doesn’t mean making a pointless attempt at hacking the Oilers/Titans into two different entities solely because they skipped town. The Adams family owns the Oilers brand. Not the city of Houston.

The Oilers are the Titans

The Titans are the Oilers

The Texans are the Texans

I don't want to dive into this argument because its pretty black and white on where your allegiance lies. I agree this example is extremely rare especially because the Titans and Texans are division rivals but why cant the Texans have a love ya blue fauxback? The Nationals, Rangers, and Twins have all worn Senators uniforms. I think when the team name is no longer in use than the right to throwbacks should be up for grabs. I don't like the Brewers wearing Braves throwbacks and the Mets wearing NY Baseball Giants throwbacks.

4 hours ago, Jgreiner said:

because bud adams liked to hold a grudge. He was pissed because the city was getting ready to approve and move forward with Minute Maid park and the Toyota Center when he had been beginning for years to get approval on a new football stadium.

BULL____! He wanted to add seats and boxes to the dome so the county approved and paid for that and still is If I remember correctly...then a couple years later he wants a new stadium?! If he really cared about being here he would have paid for one by himself or paid off the county for adding all those seats and taking away the great dome scoreboard! He was greedy period! Astros and rockets didn’t cry and make someone else pay for a stupid renovation made to an aging dome! Adams is fully to blame for them leaving that’s why I say screw him and his whole family! He visited cities, one was Jacksonville, to pressure Harris county into renovating the dome just a handful of years before leaving town! He was a POS period. Screwed a whole city for greed and a Half ass stadium with no asses in the seats! 

6 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I don't want to dive into this argument because its pretty black and white on where your allegiance lies. I agree this example is extremely rare especially because the Titans and Texans are division rivals but why cant the Texans have a love ya blue fauxback? The Nationals, Rangers, and Twins have all worn Senators uniforms. I think when the team name is no longer in use than the right to throwbacks should be up for grabs. I don't like the Brewers wearing Braves throwbacks and the Mets wearing NY Baseball Giants throwbacks.

Because no one owns the senators branding. The Adams family owns the oilers brandinf. Also the NFL has rules for throwbacks, that they must be from your own franchise’s history. You can’t compare 2 different leagues with different rules.

Archived