NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2021:

NOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T PRETEND THE TEXANS ARE THE OILERS NOOOOOO YOU MUST RESPECT THE FRANCHISE LINEAGE YOU CAN'T DO THIS THEY CAN NEVER WEAR LIGHT BLUE AGAIN NOOOOOOOO!!!

lol fauxback printer go brrr

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In an obviously unbiased option there should be no reason the Texans can't do a fluxback of sorts if they really wanted to do so. Add a difference shade of Columbia Blue that's not " Titan blue " ( the Oilers alone used difference shades) and the color rush would still have to incorporate the deep steel blue somewhere and if it were done with the current helmet they would look like the team in nashville and if they changed the helmet to white fulltime they would look fairly like their predecessors.  

Sorry, can't tell me Adams family has a monopoly on a color. The history, team name and logo of course as they should because they were the :censored: Oilers.

that being said, as I already stated they just need to switch primaries and 👌

#DTWD #GoJaguars

12 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The Oilers are the Titans

The Titans are the Oilers

The Texans are the Texans

And to make things even more fun...

The Jets are the Titans

The Chiefs are the Texans 

:P

12 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I don't want to dive into this argument because its pretty black and white on where your allegiance lies. I agree this example is extremely rare especially because the Titans and Texans are division rivals but why cant the Texans have a love ya blue fauxback? The Nationals, Rangers, and Twins have all worn Senators uniforms. 

Because the NFL has a rule against it.  Alternate uniforms have to be in a team's color scheme, present or past.  If the Texans wanted to wear light blue, they should have chosen to wear light blue.

Any other sport is irrelevant.  That's the difference between eight home games and eighty-one.  There aren't enough home games for an NFL team to start playing the NBA game with its color scheme.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Because the NFL has a rule against it.  Alternate uniforms have to be in a team's color scheme, present or past.  If the Texans wanted to wear light blue, they should have chosen to wear light blue.

Any other sport is irrelevant.  That's the difference between eight home games and eighty-one.  There aren't enough home games for an NFL team to start playing the NBA game with its color scheme.

Was black really apart of the Jets and Cardinals

color scheme?

9 minutes ago, Froob said:

Was black really apart of the Jets and Cardinals

color scheme?

Yes and yes. It's on the primary uniforms of both teams and are listed in their official brand guidelines as team colors.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The Texans wearing Oilers throwbacks would essentially be the same as the Ravens wearing Colts throwbacks (the only difference being the Colts didn’t change their name a few years after moving to a new city). It’s an entirely different franchise that has no connection to the team that was previously in their city, and it’s not as if the NFL made Bud Adams leave the Oilers’ history in Houston like they did with (coincidentally) Art Modell and the Browns. 

My guess is the overwhelming majority of people in Tennessee would NOT want to see their Titans in a Houston Oiler uniform.

My guess is the overwhelming majority of people in Houston WOULD want to see their Texans in the Houston Oiler uniform.

Again, forget technicalities, do the common sense thing and allow the Texans to wear the Oiler uniforms once a year. 

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

My guess is the overwhelming majority of people in Tennessee would NOT want to see their Titans in a Houston Oiler uniform.

If their reddit page is any indicator, I don't think that is necessarily true. It seems Titans fans like trolling their division rivals.  

T1oYViW.png

On 3/31/2020 at 12:48 PM, the admiral said:

Beige pants have them looking too much like the 49ers. 

I think they can pull off a plain jersey if they get the cardinal red color right. It has to be that distinct shade of faded U of C maroon, not just "red." 

Al "Bubba" Baker, St. Louis Cardinals | Cardinals football

Check out that belt he's wearing; I never realized football players wore proper belts like baseball players do.

That looks like it could be really uncomfortable with all the movement they do, especially for linemen. On the other hand, it does lend a certain element of business to an otherwise casual uniform.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

My guess is the overwhelming majority of people in Houston WOULD want to see their Texans in the Houston Oiler uniform.

Again, forget technicalities, do the common sense thing and allow the Texans to wear the Oiler uniforms once a year. 

I'm not going to say we Titans fans are more connected to the look, but the bolded portion is definitely not true. Fans have been calling for the team to wear Oilers throwbacks consistently for years, to the point where the new owner herself acknowledged the high demand and said they would like to if not for the one-helmet rule. 

spacer.png

Rules and ownership aside, the Oilers were from Houston and the name has an obvious tie-in with the area. While by the book the Texans should have no throwback and the Titans could wear an Oilers throwback, clearly it would make more sense from a fan perspective for the Oilers to "return" in Houston for a throwback night. The Tennessee Oilers were a temporary headache and, unless I'm mistaken, probably hold very little cultural value in Tennessee.

That said, I appreciate the NFL's strong rules on colors/uniforms. If the Texans wanted to add light blue to their scheme as an homage to the city's previous franchise, neat, but we can cross the fauxback bridge when we come to it.

13 minutes ago, henburg said:

I'm not going to say we Titans fans are more connected to the look, but the portion that I bolded is definitely not true. Fans have been calling for the team to wear Oilers throwbacks consistently for years, to the point where the new owner herself acknowledged the high demand and said they would like to if not for the one-helmet rule. 

and yet they are the ones that decided to change to a navy helmet after about 40 or so years and at the time just under 20 of being the titans. They used the throwbacks during the AFL50 ( two helmet rule).  point being they had plenty of time with the white helmet to do so as well. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

The Texans wearing Oilers throwbacks would essentially be the same as the Ravens wearing Colts throwbacks (the only difference being the Colts didn’t change their name a few years after moving to a new city). It’s an entirely different franchise that has no connection to the team that was previously in their city, and it’s not as if the NFL made Bud Adams leave the Oilers’ history in Houston like they did with (coincidentally) Art Modell and the Browns. 

The Oilers aren't a current NFL team though, so it is a little different. Would be pretty weird for the Ravens to basically wear another team's current uniform.

Archived