45 minutes ago, Volt said:

Where did you hear this?

The chargers announced on their Instagram, and probably other social media that I didn’t check (probably on their Twitter too) that it’s 4/21

Patriots need to drop these unis to keep us some much needed good news 

6 hours ago, BVZ said:

Living in Houston, I can tell you that I know zero Oilers fans who would still root for the Titans over the Texans. There is no love for the Adams family here. You will find a ton of Cowboys or Saints fans, but very few Titans fans.

However, as much as I love the Oilers colors, logos, uniforms and brand, I think it belongs with the Titans. If they want to wear it as a throwback, they should wear it against Houston. The Texans need to wear their red tops more and emphasize their current brand, which is quite strong on its own. And fire O’Brien.

they keep letting O’Brien make these stupid moves, Texans fans might start rooting for the Titans.

If they had a squad it would be easier to jump ship and spend a fortune to watch them every season 

5 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

The chargers announced on their Instagram, and probably other social media that I didn’t check (probably on their Twitter too) that it’s 4/21

Is there an actual link to this?

The titans? Who played in the AFC championship game this past season?

I’m a giants fan who lives in Houston. Was happy to see football brought back to Houston after how devastated the city was when it left. So I also cheer for the Texans.

On 4/3/2020 at 3:00 PM, selby56 said:

If their reddit page is any indicator

You can stop there.

It isn’t.  Reddit is never an indicator of anything.

14 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

You can stop there.

It isn’t.  Reddit is never an indicator of anything.

Everything I need to know about the world I learn from unsourced Facebook posts and chain emails. Someone took the time to type them up, why would they lie?

Just a quick point ..how can a company like Nike be given the rights to make uniforms for the NFL and not be able to make metallic mimicking fabric for teams that use silver,gold or pewter? Crazy to think that it’s not possible.

9 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Just a quick point ..how can a company like Nike be given the rights to make uniforms for the NFL and not be able to make metallic mimicking fabric for teams that use silver,gold or pewter? Crazy to think that it’s not possible.

Because Nike prints money for the NFL.

22 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

I talked about this in the Bucs thread, but basically? Nike could make shimmer fabric if they wanted to. They don't because they choose not to. 

Now why don't they? It's because matte fabrics are "in."

See, shimmer fabrics were the norm in sports for a while. Then matte fabrics started to show up, and they became incredibly popular because they were new. They seemed "fresh" and "clean" compared to the shimmer fabrics everyone was used to. 

This was around the time Nike took over the NFL contract, so it's no shock they went all-in on matte fabrics. 

Football isn't alone in this either. Many a metallic finish via shimmer fabric vanished from the NHL when Reebok/Adidas switched to matte fabrics. 

The thing is, is that this is entirely subjective and cyclical. Eventually matte fabric will be seen as "what we're used to" and shimmer fabric will seem new and refreshing again. 

You're already seeing it a bit in the NHL. The Vegas Golden Knights' unis got a lot of praise for the shiny metallic finish the gold bits of their sweaters have. In part because it was such a refreshing change of pace after years and years of only seeing matte fabrics. 

Nike ultimately defaults to what is trendy. They'll be quite happy to make metallic-looking pants for NFL teams again once the look becomes popular. Which it will. It's just a matter of time.   

What has been the good rebrand or good uniforms Nike has produced since taking over ? Maybe the Vikings? 
Dolphins terrible logo and downgrade overall

Jaguars messed up twice 

Bucs they messed up the last time 2014

Jets underwhelming not great

Browns terrible 

Titans absolutely terrible 

Lions I guess are ok 

Seahawks ...in my opinion(I know many like them)one of the worst uniforms in the league , the Reebok version with Seahawks blue wasn’t half bad Nike’s current version is inferior 

so even if I’m being kind that is 3 out of 9 decent rebrands/uniforms that is a terrible record 

5 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I talked about this in the Bucs thread, but basically? Nike could make shimmer fabric if they wanted to. They don't because they choose not to. 

Now why don't they? It's because matte fabrics are "in."

See, shimmer fabrics were the norm in sports for a while. Then matte fabrics started to show up, and they became incredibly popular because they were new. They seemed "fresh" and "clean" compared to the shimmer fabrics everyone was used to. 

This was around the time Nike took over the NFL contract, so it's no shock they went all-in on matte fabrics. 

Football isn't alone in this either. Many a metallic finish via shimmer fabric vanished from the NHL when Reebok/Adidas switched to matte fabrics. 

The thing is, is that this is entirely subjective and cyclical. Eventually matte fabric will be seen as "what we're used to" and shimmer fabric will seem new and refreshing again. 

You're already seeing it a bit in the NHL. The Vegas Golden Knights' unis got a lot of praise for the shiny metallic finish the gold bits of their sweaters have. In part because it was such a refreshing change of pace after years and years of only seeing matte fabrics. 

Nike ultimately defaults to what is trendy. They'll be quite happy to make metallic-looking pants for NFL teams again once the look becomes popular. Which it will. It's just a matter of time.   

Bingo. I seem to remember the early 2000s being all about darker colors. Now it's gone full circle and bright colors seem to be making a return. Sports uniforms are just like fashion: trends come and go.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, BVZ said:

Living in Houston, I can tell you that I know zero Oilers fans who would still root for the Titans over the Texans. There is no love for the Adams family here. You will find a ton of Cowboys or Saints fans, but very few Titans fans.

However, as much as I love the Oilers colors, logos, uniforms and brand, I think it belongs with the Titans. If they want to wear it as a throwback, they should wear it against Houston. The Texans need to wear their red tops more and emphasize their current brand, which is quite strong on its own. And fire O’Brien.

I haven't read all the posts and I don't know anything about who owns NFL teams but has anyone ever made a connection to the "ADDAMS" Family. I would have thought there would have been some humour in connecting the disliked owners to Lurch, Gomez etc.

Maybe it's just my humour. Was one of my favourite TV shows as a child.

Edited by Groucho
bolding for emphasis

15 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

What has been the good rebrand or good uniforms Nike has produced since taking over ? Maybe the Vikings? 

Jaguars messed up twice 

Browns terrible 

Lions I guess are ok 

Seahawks ...in my opinion(I know many like them)one of the worst uniforms in the league , the Reebok version with Seahawks blue wasn’t half bad Nike’s current version is inferior 

so even if I’m being kind that is 3 out of 9 decent rebrands/uniforms that is a terrible record 

The last truly good rebrand we got from the NFL was, in my opinion, the Buffalo Bills. And that happened under Reebok. 

The Vikings are probably my favourites of Nike's output so far, but they have too many niggling problems for me to truly say I "like" the uniform. 

I'm cautiously optimistic that the Chargers and Browns will wow us though. 

Honestly, some of the uniform critiques are overly exacerbated. The Lions look fine, even if you don't like the sleeve marks. The Vikings are in a good spot, and so are the Dolphins, Jags, and Jets. There are things I personally don't like (Jets stripe, Jags non-gold, Lions number contrast) but overall, these are solid football uniforms. That's what they're made for , playing football. If it was a contest for the perfect uniform, there aren't many that even stand a chance. 

4 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

If it was a contest for the perfect uniform, there aren't many that even stand a chance. 

I mean...if that's the case why even discuss things? Would get kind of boring around here if we all went "these new uniforms are pretty much ok, but the shortcomings don't take away from it so it's fine!" If that's how you feel and only want to see opinions that conform to that? You can start a blog.

The fact is that a lot of people take issue with the Lions, Vikings, Dolphins, Jets, and Jets because they don't think they "look fine," as you said. You may find them overall acceptable, but there are people here who simply don't. And that's ok, you don't need to agree with them and they don't need to agree with you.

You saying "[h]onestly, some of the uniform critiques are overly exacerbated," however, doesn't make it a true statement.

5 hours ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Jaguars messed up twice 

Browns terrible 

Lions I guess are ok 

All true, but also beside the point.

Nike pays the NFL a lot of money.  More than anybody else said they wanted to pay the NFL. And so from the league’s perspective, everything is just fine. 

I think Tampa Bay should ditch the LCD wristwatch numerals. To honor the GOAT's arrival. And everybody else's gag reflex.

19 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I mean...if that's the case why even discuss things? Would get kind of boring around here if we all went "these new uniforms are pretty much ok, but the shortcomings don't take away from it so it's fine!" If that's how you feel and only want to see opinions that conform to that? You can start a blog.

The fact is that most people take issue with the Lions, Vikings, Dolphins, Jets, and Jets because they don't think they "look fine," as you said. You may find them overall acceptable, but there are people here who simply don't. And that's ok, you don't need to agree with them and they don't need to agree with you.

You saying "[h]onestly, some of the uniform critiques are overly exacerbated," however, doesn't make it a true statement.

Dude... Never did I ever present anything as factual. Stop saying that. Simply put, some people are really over criticizing a few uniforms based off personal preferences. Whether you agree or not, the point was that if we base every rebrand off what we personally wanted, not Nike, or anyone else, will ever be good enough. It's great to have an opinion, that's why we discuss things here...Duh! But, as stated, you can't tell me a uniform is bad because you personally wanted  something different. All I'm saying is, some of these uniforms aren't the walking piss stain some people want them to be. Hell, I don't like half the uniforms some people consider top tier in the league, so disagreement has never been an issue for me. I welcome it. But for you to say "what you're saying isn't a fact at all" is a little irritating, because no opinion on here is a fact, I thought we all knew that. Anyway, Nice chatting with you.