NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, IceCap said:

That's a good point, but for some people even a small accent colour is a deal breaker. The Bucs' thread has enough people lamenting the potential loss of orange from a set that otherwise seems like it will mirror the popular Super Bowl look.

Looking at other sports? The Boston Bruins are one of the NHL's oldest teams. They had a long history of wearing gold socks despite wearing black sweaters. Until very recently when they switched to black socks to "streamline' their look. Aesthetically it probably does look better, but a lot of fans think the minor change in sock collar ruined the identity. And in basketabll? The Lakers' change from a richer athletic gold to a bright yellow- merely different shades of the same colour- has caused a lot of people to dislike the team's otherwise classic identity.

People like us are a particular lot who tend to pay attention to things most people don't (go ahead and try to tell a normal person about all the pants stripe variations the Browns had before their last redesign and see how that goes 😛). As a result? many of us can be turned off of an otherwise fine look by relatively small details. It's part of who we are.

Personally? The thing that keeps me from liking the Vikings' look is the way the sleeve stripe flares up in the back. The custom numbers aren't my cup of tea, but I could live with them if the sleeve stripes were just basic stripes. Instead they got cute with them and it just bugs me.

That's me though, and I'm sure someone else will look at that identity and go "eh it's close enough to the throwbacks I like, so I like it."

I cheered against the Bruins in the SCF because I dont want them winning the title in black socks instead of their proper gold.

(in agreement with your point)

Details matter to a lot of people.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

13 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Oof.  Too many lines for neon.  Looks like something for halloween, skeleton and all.

spacer.png

Those lines are all part of the logo. That's the problem with designs that use intricately drawn designs. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So new uniform release dates:

• Bucs: 4-7-20

• Falcons: 4-14-20

• Chargers: 4-21-20

someone feel free to fact-check me and add additional dates that we know of.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

5 hours ago, Chawls said:

Why do I keep seeing the 14th for the Falcons? They've said numerous times they haven't nailed down a firm date, although we know it'll be before the draft. I like your profile pic by the way...*Yowie Wowie*

8 hours ago, Chawls said:

The 14th was apparently the date back I’m January for the falcons. The initial plan for the reveal has obviously changed and now the same guy who said April 14th said there’s no date settled on. 

Question I just floated out to Paul Lukas on Twitter.  @Chris Creamer perhaps you could help shed some insight as well: 

Assuming that the one-shell helmet rule changes and goes away in 2022, do we know what type of timeline teams would have to submit for new alternate jerseys?  Using my Eagles as an example.  Theoretically, would they have to have a design currently approved, or at least in the pipeline, in order to even execute in 2022?  

I guess what I'm getting at is...if that rule changed, could we still be years away from Eagles in Kelly Green, Bucs in Creamsicle, etc. 

25 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Question I just floated out to Paul Lukas on Twitter.  @Chris Creamer perhaps you could help shed some insight as well: 

Assuming that the one-shell helmet rule changes and goes away in 2022, do we know what type of timeline teams would have to submit for new alternate jerseys?  Using my Eagles as an example.  Theoretically, would they have to have a design currently approved, or at least in the pipeline, in order to even execute in 2022?  

I guess what I'm getting at is...if that rule changed, could we still be years away from Eagles in Kelly Green, Bucs in Creamsicle, etc. 

I think they could have them approved before the new season. Look at the Color Rush rollout. My guess is that the one helmet rule would be used more so for throwback alternates and that if that team wanted to go to a two a helmet identity they could start the following year once they submitted their uniform change to the primaries 

I'd expect throwbacks even if it goes away in 2021.  I doubt the same lead time is required for throwbacks - the thing I don't remember is if a throwback counts as an alt and is subject to the 5-year rule, or if you could have a throwback and alt.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd expect throwbacks even if it goes away in 2021.  I doubt the same lead time is required for throwbacks - the thing I don't remember is if a throwback counts as an alt and is subject to the 5-year rule, or if you could have a throwback and alt.

Think that changed last year. The Bears had a throwback and the orange alt, and more than a few teams had an alt + color rush.

8 minutes ago, Froob said:

Wonder if Patriots will have a new alt. Teams seem to be going with 3 when they release new unis.

If the Helmets Silver, and they don't go with a Red alt, I'd expect a Throwback. Either '94 or '95-'99. I've heard rumors about them adding a '90s throwback, so it isn't that unplausable.

spacer.pngspacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

9 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

If the Helmets Silver, and they don't go with a Red alt, I'd expect a Throwback. Either '94 or '95-'99. I've heard rumors about them adding a '90s throwback, so it isn't that unplausable.

spacer.pngspacer.png

That top one is pretty clean. Wouldn’t hate a red alt and a 90’s Jersey. Do a game a piece for each.

After Tampa Bay unveiled their new uniforms and Atlanta’s new uniforms got leaked earlier today, this is how I’m ranking the Nike redesigns since the company’s takeover of the league:

1. Vikings

2. Buccaneers 2.0

3. Dolphins

4. Lions

5. Jets

6. Seahawks

7. Browns 1.0

8. Falcons

9. Titans

10. Jaguars 2.0

11. Jaguars 1.0

12. Buccaneers 1.0