16 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

After Tampa Bay unveiled their new uniforms and Atlanta’s new uniforms got leaked earlier today, this is how I’m ranking the Nike redesigns since the company’s takeover of the league:

1. Vikings

2. Buccaneers 2.0

3. Dolphins

4. Lions

5. Jets

6. Seahawks

7. Browns 1.0

8. Falcons

9. Titans

10. Jaguars 2.0

11. Jaguars 1.0

12. Buccaneers 1.0

Jags 1.0 gotta be last 

3 minutes ago, Froob said:

Jags 1.0 gotta be last 

They’re easy on the eyes unlike Bucs 1.0

20 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

After Tampa Bay unveiled their new uniforms and Atlanta’s new uniforms got leaked earlier today, this is how I’m ranking the Nike redesigns since the company’s takeover of the league:

1. Vikings

2. Buccaneers 2.0

3. Dolphins

4. Lions

5. Jets

6. Seahawks

7. Browns 1.0

8. Falcons

9. Titans

10. Jaguars 2.0

11. Jaguars 1.0

12. Buccaneers 1.0

Jaguars 2.0 wayyy above Browns. 

I’d do

1. Vikings

2. Lions

3. Bucs 2.0

4. Seahawks

5. Jaguars 2.0

6. Dolphins 2.0

7. Jets

8. Dolphins 1.0

9. Falcons

10. Browns

11. Titans

12. Buccaneers 1.0

13. Jaguars 1.0

1 minute ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Jaguars 2.0 wayyy above Browns. 

I’d do

1. Vikings

2. Lions

3. Bucs 2.0

4. Seahawks

5. Jaguars 2.0

6. Dolphins 2.0

7. Jets

8. Dolphins 1.0

9. Falcons

10. Browns

11. Titans

12. Buccaneers 1.0

13. Jaguars 1.0

I didn’t split the Dolphins into two sets because all it was, was the removal of an unneeded color in the uniform set. Small tweak, nothing big like an overhaul.

1. Buccaneers 2.0

2. Vikings

3. Dolphins 2.0

4. Jaguars 2.0

5. Lions

6. Dolphins 1.0

7. Jets  

8. Titans

9. Seahawks

10. Browns

11. Falcons

12. Buccaneers 1.0

13. Jaguars 2.0

A couple of notes.

11-13 is what we call the "trash heap." Completely irredeemable. The Falcons' new look gets the "highest" rank of the three as it looks like their gradients will be once or twice a year alternates. Which minimizes the stupid. It's honestly a toss-up between the Bucs 1.0 and Jags 1.0 designs for the worst of the bunch, but I opted for the Jaguars for the comically bad botch job on the gradient helmet.

Only 1 and 2 are what I would feel comfortable calling truly "good." The Dolphins' refreshed look is better than the first version, but that logo and that number font just aren't working.

The Buccaneers' new unis might be the best set Nike's put out, but I'm not congratulating Nike for them. It seems like the team flat out said "we want as close to the Super Bowl set as we can get, that's final." Nike manufactured the uniforms, but they sure as hell didn't design them.

woof, Nike's tenure has sucked. Granted, Reebok had their stinkers too. The Bills, Falcons, Bengals, Vikings, and Cardinals come to mind. The problem's trends and the designers and uni manufacturers who push them, not any one company. Though Nike always does seem to be at the forefront of the bs in this field.

Buccaneers 2.0 is definitely #1 for me. The Vikings stripes are weird and the matte helmet just kills the uniform.

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I didn’t split the Dolphins into two sets because all it was, was the removal of an unneeded color in the uniform set. Small tweak, nothing big like an overhaul.

Not a big overhaul but I do think it’s significant enough to service as a demarcation line. Anything along the lines of the 2.0 version is pretty good/ok and anything below that is a slide to the trash heap. 

I put the Jets in the middle, though I think they’ll creep above it if they keep wearing green over green with white socks/base layers. 

5 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I put the Jets in the middle, though I think they’ll creep above it if they keep wearing green over green with white socks/base layers. 

The way I see the Jets compared to the Falcons is that they have the same design components and same striping. However, each team has their own spin on these. Jets have the triangle stripes over the shoulder while the Falcons have the triangle stripes pointing upward from the waist sides.

the Chargers gonna end up winning this whole thing

there's a sentence i never thought id say

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

The problem's trends and the designers and uni manufacturers who push them, not any one company.

There’s a third culprit here which has surfaced from the Falcons leaks: player input.

This. :censored:. Needs. To. Stop. Football players are there to play football; they know jack :censored: about good design and should not have any control over any part of a multi-million dollar brand image. 

1. Buccaneers 2.0

2. Vikings 

3. Lions

4. Dolphins 1.1

5. Jaguars 2.0

6. Jets

7. Seahawks

8. Dolphins 1.0

9. Browns

10. Falcons

11. Titans

12. Buccaneers 1.0

13. Jaguars 1.0

Only the Vikings and Jaguars look better now than before the Nike takeover. Everything from the Browns down were or are some of the worst looks in the league. 

I can’t in good faith put this new Buccaneers set at the very top simply for the fact that if you compared them side by side with the Super Bowl era set, it’s still a downgrade. Take the alarm clock era and nuke the memory of it into oblivion. That never happened and that’s what I’m sticking with. Now imagine that this was what they did in 2013. It would’ve been similar to what the Panthers did whit their last change. It wasn’t much, but it was still worse than what they had before.

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

...and that leaked hat was NOT the Rams new logo.  Riiiiiight. The Falcons had a gang of fake jerseys made up to troll people?

The above tweet has been taken down.  How convenient.

Kinda like the guy on the jets saying the same thing, and later coming out saying he only said that so it wouldn’t ruin the surprise 

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

its possible. when we re-did the Dolphins unis, Nike made a few prototypes; color rush options too. we put them on models (not players) to see how they would fit on an actual body. like these ATL shots, the nameplates said “Dolphins” as they were not player issued. that said, the actual final uni was in that group too

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

its possible. when we re-did the Dolphins unis, Nike made a few prototypes; color rush options too. we put them on models (not players) to see how they would fit on an actual body. like these ATL shots, the nameplates said “Dolphins” as they were not player issued. that said, the actual final uni was in that group too

That was probably months before the unveiling, not a week though right?