NFL 2020

FormerLurker

24 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well that happens when you look at any uniform straight on though, you don’t see side panels, pants stripes and really only see the front number and alittle bit of the sleeve stripes/logo. The fact that those number fonts are so drastically different from each other makes them all look that much more different.

Fair enough. Had D’oh! moment.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

yea, i dont want to highjack the thread but we explored 7 different primary uni ideas.

I know you're discussing your work with the Dolphins and I don't have any evidence this is the case, but I kind of feel like part of my issue with the Falcons release is that it seems like they were given a dozen or so options but couldn't narrow down their choices to less than 7-8, so they wound up with the mix and match options.

15 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I bet it’s a fabric issue. 

It looks good in a flat finish and it’s easy to match across pants and jerseys. It’s dark (and therefore cool) but not black so its less intense and more neutral meaning it goes with more colors. 

It also looks slick and modern in ways that appeal to Nike’s lifestyle brand. Think about how often you see it in workout wear. 

This probably would have been a good replacement of pewter in the Bucs new branding since pewter doesn't look good in matte material. 

3 hours ago, jws008 said:

I know you're discussing your work with the Dolphins and I don't have any evidence this is the case, but I kind of feel like part of my issue with the Falcons release is that it seems like they were given a dozen or so options but couldn't narrow down their choices to less than 7-8, so they wound up with the mix and match options.

In the video, one of the Falcons guys said that Nike sold them on the idea of a "closet", with lots of different options, so it's not that they couldn't narrow down their choices, they were pushed to take them all.  Of course, just because they have them, doesn't mean the have to use them.  They could very easily just say that they have 1 home combo, 1 road combo, and 1 alt combo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Jags, Jets, and Falcons all share some similarities, especially the all black uniforms. Black jerseys, white numbers, black pants, one other color for stripes (Jags barely have some teal at the bottom of pants) The Jets and Falcons have some form of outline or trim on the numbers even though both the Jets green and the Falcons red will be hard to see anyway. The Jags and Jets number font is very similar. The 3 and 9 look almost identical. The Falcons font is awful and looks too big. 

On 4/8/2020 at 10:21 AM, mattb6 said:

With the Falcons officially released, here's my two cents

1. Vikings

2. Bucs 2.0

3. Jets

4. Lions

5. Jaguars 2.0

6. Falcons

7. Seahawks

8. Dolphins 2.0

9. Dolphins 1.0

10. Buccaneers

11. Browns

12. Titans

13. Jaguars 1.0

I would group them as "Great," "Good/Average," and "Bad/Terrible"

I don’t understand how people can make this list and not have the Browns at the absolute bottom. 

Yeah, the Raiders’ uniforms really are one of the best, in my opinion. Few uniforms in sports encapsulate a team’s entire brand and persona as perfectly as they do. I see them and think “Just Win, Baby”, see Davis, Madden, Biletnikoff, Stabler, Allen, Long, Brown and others, and hear Metallica in my head all at the same time, and that’s the very point.

Not that I ever worried at all, but it’s still nice to know they’re not changing in Las Vegas.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, the Raiders’ uniforms really are one of the best, in my opinion. Few uniforms in sports encapsulate a team’s entire brand and persona as perfectly as they do. I see them and think “Just Win, Baby”, see Davis, Madden, Biletnikoff, Stabler, Allen, Long, Brown and others, and hear Metallica in my head all at the same time, and that’s the very point.

Not that I ever worried at all, but it’s still nice to know they’re not changing in Las Vegas.

The only change I would ever really be okay with would be a black facemask, but in the end it’s clearly not needed.

4 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Even anti-grey facemask people are cool with the Raiders, Cowboys, and Giants using them, because grey/silver is a team color.

A subtle change for the Raiders now that they reside in Las Vegas would be welcomed:

spacer.png

Apparently it’s pretty hard to find any photos of the current Cowboys helmet with a different colored facemask

Since the Giants CR was unveiled, I’ve thought this was the better helmet in comparison to the regular:

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Since the Giants CR was unveiled, I’ve thought this was the better helmet in comparison to the regular:

spacer.png

Nope! The white facemask competes for attention with the all-white logo. That’s a problem.

Rule of design: don’t pair white logos and white facemasks. It’s just too much.

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Rule of life: there's exceptions to rules.

That Giants helmet is one of them.  White is actually my least favorite facemask color, but to me that works.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Nope! The white facemask competes for attention with the all-white logo. That’s a problem.

If it’s a rule it’s a rule that I’ve never heard of.

Archived