NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

A subtle change for the Raiders now that they reside in Las Vegas would be welcomed:

spacer.png

Josh Jacobs’ Instagram story last night was a photoshop of himself in black pants that would actually look great with that helmet. It kind of has the same feel as the hat I’m wearing in my profile photo, so I wouldn’t mind if that facemask became their full-time look or if they wore black helmets and pants as a once-a-season alternate (helmet rule permitting, of course). But then again, the only actual uniform adjustment the Raiders *need* to make is for their equipment manager to bump their decal up a few inches. 

I'm not opposed to black pants with the white jersey - I think it'd look really good - but I wouldn't want to introduce black and risk them going black over black.

I also think the gray facemask looks better with that helmet, even if the flat gray contrasts some with the metallic silver of the helmet.

Maybe they could look into a metallic mask that would match the helmet color as much as possible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The only example I can think of off the top of my head is the Rams, where the white facemask destroyed the helmet - but sometimes that's what happens when you trust people to vote for something.  Sometimes they'll vote against their own best interests for reasons that can't be explained.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

Green or grey would be preferable.

IDK.  Kinda like white cleats, the white mask just works there - and again, it's my least favorite mask color.

On 4/8/2020 at 4:27 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

this is one of the "forward thinking options" i liked best but this logo was NOT considered. it was actually a logo option i did for Dolphins Cheer they didnt like but i thought was cool enough for this concept

Is that the upper two-thirds of the Hartford Whalers logo?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Nope! The white facemask competes for attention with the all-white logo. That’s a problem.

Rule of design: don’t pair white logos and white facemasks. It’s just too much.

These are great helmets. 

Michigan State adds ex-Colorado DBs coach to Mel Tucker's football ...

Oklahoma Player Got Fans With An April Fools' Joke

White logos are usually complemented very nicely by the white facemask, and as such the Giants' white facemask looks good too. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

These are great helmets. 

Michigan State adds ex-Colorado DBs coach to Mel Tucker's football ...

Oklahoma Player Got Fans With An April Fools' Joke

White logos are usually complemented very nicely by the white facemask, and as such the Giants' white facemask looks good too. 

I disagree with the Giants, but agree with the ones you posted. It depends on the design.

The Giants' helmet is perfect, with the gray facemask making it extra-excellent. Heck, it might be my favorite helmet in the NFL.

usa_today_10349757.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Archived