NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe. But doubtful.

When were they going to unveil?  The last Packers set was released at the end of July.  That’s not so far away, and if they were going to go ahead on that schedule the merchandise would already be well in the pipeline.

Not sure it makes sense that they hit the pause button because of the one-shell rule either.  The Packers have had good helmets for most of their history. Unless they’re going with one of the short-lived 1950s uniforms and wearing a white or metallic gold helmet, but that would seem an odd choice. 

I'm actually hoping to see one of those '50s sets.  I know they were a pretty bad team most of that time, but it would be refreshing to not see a version of the ugly blue/yellow/tan for once.

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Maybe. But doubtful.

When were they going to unveil?  The last Packers set was released at the end of July.  That’s not so far away, and if they were going to go ahead on that schedule the merchandise would already be well in the pipeline.

Not sure it makes sense that they hit the pause button because of the one-shell rule either.  The Packers have had good helmets for most of their history. Unless they’re going with one of the short-lived 1950s uniforms and wearing a white or metallic gold helmet, but that would seem an odd choice. 

It could be that they wanted to make an 'event' out of debuting the throwbacks, and maybe have other types of events around town and make a big thing out of it, so unveiling them online at a time where they can't do whatever else they may have had plans just wasn't worth it to them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It could be that they wanted to make an 'event' out of debuting the throwbacks, and maybe have other types of events around town and make a big thing out of it, so unveiling them online at a time where they can't do whatever else they may have had plans just wasn't worth it to them.

That might be true, but doesn't seem to be a reason to cancel the whole jersey for a year. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

That might be true, but doesn't seem to be a reason to cancel the whole jersey for a year. 

I'm ok with just canceling for the year. 

[beating my drum] You have a best look. Why don't you always wear that look?[/rhetorical][$$]

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It also could be a shortened season.  If it's a 12 or 14 game season, they may not have wanted to worry about working in any alts.  Worst case, the season doesn't happen at all, and then they debuted this uni for no reason, and won't be able to recapture that moment.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm ok with just canceling for the year. 

[beating my drum] You have a best look. Why don't you always wear that look?[/rhetorical][$$]

I agree. Why they hell would you want to skip an opportunity to wear the regular uniforms?  The team was aware enough to skip Color Rush (as much as the NFL would let them), shame that they don't follow through.

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It also could be a shortened season.  If it's a 12 or 14 game season, they may not have wanted to worry about working in any alts.  Worst case, the season doesn't happen at all, and then they debuted this uni for no reason, and won't be able to recapture that moment.

But they will also have lost a whole year's worth of sales.  People would buy them now, and then would buy them again when they're seen on the field.

I was hoping for a 60s era throwback, which I think is better look than the current unis. And if was that, sales would be through the roof, full season, short season, or no season.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

But they will also have lost a whole year's worth of sales.  People would buy them now, and then would buy them again when they're seen on the field.

A lot of people are dealing with lost income now, so it's not a sure thing that they'd make what they originally projected.  

This is all speculation, of course.  We may never know the answer.

31 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I was hoping for a 60s era throwback, which I think is better look than the current unis. And if was that, sales would be through the roof, full season, short season, or no season.

Absolutely.  The Packers are so close to a perfect uniform, it's frustrating.  They only need to reach into the closet for their ideal road jerseys.

brett-favre-of-the-green-bay-packers-wal

The stripes look so good on the Color Rush pants, boggles my mind that the Packers refuse to do this with the road white jerseys.

gettyimages-855308544-e1542145640709.jpg

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

A lot of people are dealing with lost income now, so it's not a sure thing that they'd make what they originally projected.  

This is all speculation, of course.  We may never know the answer.

Of course.  We also don't know if the Packers believe Goodell's insistence that the NFL season will be unaffected.  They may have already written off the year.  If we ever do find out, it won't be for years.  Somebody will make an offhand comment in an interview, like when Malcolm Glazer slipped up and accidentally told us about the 5 year rule.

Although I do know some people who work for professional teams, and they've all said that their teams are focused on merchandising now more than ever, to keep some income flowing in.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Absolutely.  The Packers are so close to a perfect uniform, it's frustrating.  They only need to reach into the closet for their ideal road jerseys.

brett-favre-of-the-green-bay-packers-wal

Except with a green facemask and making the collar all green instead of striped.

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

What I gathered from this when I made it, is that you can't make an even grid out 32 objects, and my particular OCD tends toward symmetry instead of completeness.

8x4, two grids of 4x4 😏

55 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Except with a green facemask and making the collar all green instead of striped.

I understand the preference for green facemask, although I don't share it.  But why would you make the collar one color?  That would imbalance the sleeves, and has no precedent in Packers history.

Archived