NFL 2020

FormerLurker

This might be a hot take but I think the Seahawks should have the greys be their primary road look. Would be cool/unique I think. Not saying I don’t like their whites, maybe make it an alternate like the Lakers. I think their color scheme matches well with grey more than white 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Article posted about an opinion on the Redskins updating their uniforms:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/should-redskins-follow-recent-trend-and-update-their-uniforms

Basically, should they go back to a previous design or unveil something completely new?

All Burgundy and all White are "the two cleanest" looks the Redskins have. That's an awful take. If the Redskins were to change anything it should be the logo at least, put the spear on the helmet and drop the logo out of the identity. Maybe even change the name. The rest of the uniform is fantastic though. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

13 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

All Burgundy and all White are "the two cleanest" looks the Redskins have. That's an awful take. If the Redskins were to change anything it should be the logo at least, put the spear on the helmet and drop the logo out of the identity. Maybe even change the name. The rest of the uniform is fantastic though. 

There’s no reason to get into the name aspect of the team on these boards because of well documented reasons.

As far as the uniforms, I’ve always liked B/W/B at home & W/B/W on the road. Quite possibly the only right thing done under the Bruce Allen regime was axing the gold pants in favor of resurrecting the white pants. Don’t get me wrong, I like the gold pants, but the white pants work so much better.

As far as logos go? I’ve always had a soft spot for the “R” logo instituted under Lombardi-

spacer.png

I also really love the stripeless, grey facemasked helmet they use with their throwbacks-

spacer.png

*insert shameless plug of personal concept*

34 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Very unpopular opinion: This looks fantastic. I can't quite explain why, but it just works in a way most monochrome uniforms don't.

All Black is the only monochrome look I like. Would still prefer another color on the sock to break it up. (not necessarily white)

spacer.png

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, aaa333bbb said:

This might be a hot take but I think the Seahawks should have the greys be their primary road look. Would be cool/unique I think. Not saying I don’t like their whites, maybe make it an alternate like the Lakers. I think their color scheme matches well with grey more than white 

It was already covered, but basically the NFL has a rule that states that one of your two primary uniforms has to be white. 

31 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

As far as logos go? I’ve always had a soft spot for the “R” logo instituted under Lombardi-

It's good, but I would replace the "R" with a "W"

It's not even a name thing. I just prefer team monograms to be based off of the locale rather then the nickname. 

With that said? The spear logo is the best helmet designs they've ever had. 

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

Photo by Seattle C Hawks in Seattle, Washington. Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sportHow would you guys rank these combos for the Seahawks? 6 is white on grey (kind of hard to see in the sun) and 9 is blue on white (never worn before). Personally, I’ll go with 2, 5, 4, 1, 3, 7, 6, 9, 8 from best to worst.

8 (I love that lime green color)

5 (Needs green or gray socks)

1 hour ago, Buc said:

I might can answer that. This is where a good handle in color theory comes into the equation, too...red is the most eye-catching color, and as such it commands the most amount of focus. As that relates to football helmets, red is fine as a shell, but a red face cage is...its just too much red; it needs something to help break it up. I believe this is why KC's white face cages work so well (as did and would gray).

That sums it up perfectly 

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Huh, TIL. However, I still think my other point - that it’s too busy for a modern uniform - stands. It looks like a mess from that distance in the picture. A solid color (on the home I’d probably just make it green, as gold would be a bit too bright and white would just look bad) would clean things up significantly.

As long as they're using a collar like this I don't think there's any issue. I do remember Florida State having issues with their collars getting cut off wit the current Nike cuts. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

58 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Very unpopular opinion: This looks fantastic. I can't quite explain why, but it just works in a way most monochrome uniforms don't.

All black and all white are the opposite sides of the color spectrum but both work. All red, yellow, orange or lighter colors look horrible. 

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Article posted about an opinion on the Redskins updating their uniforms:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/should-redskins-follow-recent-trend-and-update-their-uniforms

Basically, should they go back to a previous design or unveil something completely new?

I think the spear helmet uniforms are their best look. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Name aside, Washington’s uniform itself is really good. However, their 2002 anniversary uniform is (in my opinion) one of the best of all time. If they ever changed, I’d want to see at least something resembling this (but really, this exactly without the chest patch):

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Name aside, Washington’s uniform itself is really good. However, their 2002 anniversary uniform is (in my opinion) one of the best of all time. If they ever changed, I’d want to see at least something resembling this (but really, this exactly without the chest patch):

spacer.png

I've been a LONG proponent in wanting these fulltime 

27 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

spacer.png

Only thing I’d remove is the spear from the stripes (sleeves and pants).

Also, those numbers are larger than standard numbers, right? Or are eyes deceiving me? Whatever the size, I love them. No outline is the way to go.

If they were to totally redesign, I’d like for them to follow University of Minnesota. I know, a professional football team take queues from a collegiate team. Who would’ve thought. Aside from their chrome helmets used from time-to-time, the design has progressed nicely the past few years.

2012-2017

spacer.png

2018-CURRENT

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

The have some really great options and use a damn near identical color scheme to the Redskins.

3 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Only thing I’d remove is the spear from the stripes (sleeves and pants).

Also, those numbers are larger than standard numbers, right? Or are eyes deceiving me? Whatever the size, I love them. No outline is the way to go.

If they were to totally redesign, I’d like for them to follow University of Minnesota. I know, a professional football team take queues from a collegiate team. Who would’ve thought. Aside from their chrome helmets used from time-to-time, the design has progressed nicely the past few years.

2012-2017

spacer.png

2018-CURRENT

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

The have some really great options and use a damn near identical color scheme to the Redskins.

The 2012-17 look for Minnesota was damn near flawless. The 2018-present look is very weak in comparison. Too many terrible combos there. I blame that on the coach.

5 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/articles/da-nikes-nfl-uniform-concepts-are-historic-misses

UniWatch shared this article on their Facebook page.  Didn’t really know which thread to stick it in, so I figured make a new one.  Pretty interesting to read.

That's a good read. It's saying something when even the normals are noticing 😛

2 minutes ago, JayMac said:

The 2012-17 look for Minnesota was damn near flawless. The 2018-present look is very weak in comparison. Too many terrible combos there. I blame that on the coach.

In the day-and-age of college football we’re in, with as many combinations as Minnesota has, they’ve been tastefully versatile. Sans chrome helmet, of course.

6 minutes ago, IceCap said:

That's a good read. It's saying something when even the normals are noticing 😛

On sports radio, every now and then when they go into a commercial there will be a little 10-second take from some national guy - someone like Jim Rome, Dave Amendolara, Boomer Esiason, etc.  The last couple of days, there has been more than one of those that are talking about the new uniforms.  That would never have happened before.  I don't know why it's happening now, but I think the mainstream is definitely taking more note of uni changes than before.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived