NFL 2020

FormerLurker

Because I personally hate clicking links...spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Well done Colts. Nothing about this update detracts from their classic look. The numbers look awesome and the secondary logo is refreshing and creative. It obviously won't appear anywhere near their on-field uniform and it doesn't need to. It might help sell some more merch to the locals and maybe appear on some sideline gear. No harm done. I also like the new wordmark, being the Colts are one of the few teams left who haven't updated their wordmark in decades this one is modern but not gimmicky like those Falcon/Cardinal ones from the naughts. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Personally, I prefer the bolder, sans-serif (or fewer-serif) versions best.  Would love to see the Packers adopt this full-time and make it theirs.  

1960_Lions-Packers_7.jpg1960_Lions-Packers_3.jpg1960_Lions-Packers_6.jpg

Bold, distinctive, but not showy.  I really love this font, simple though it is.

You know what? I think I’m gonna hop aboard that train too. The more I see those numbers on the Packers, the more I love them.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

29 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

With the Browns, Colts and Bucs new uniforms is it safe to say the Nike flywire collar template is officially gone from the NFL? 

Technically the Colts and Ravens are still using the flywire collar template (Elite 51), but now with the Colts removing the flywire both them and the Ravens are using the template without the flywire. So, yeah, flywire is gone from the NFL but the Elite 51 template isn’t. I’ll be curious to see if both teams hold onto the Elite 51 even after Nike eventually switches the NFL over to the new Vapor Fusion template.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Technically the Colts and Ravens are still using the flywire collar template (Elite 51), but now with the Colts removing the flywire both them and the Ravens are using the template without the flywire. So, yeah, flywire is gone from the NFL but the Elite 51 template isn’t. I’ll be curious to see if both teams hold onto the Elite 51 even after Nike eventually switches the NFL over to the new Vapor Fusion template.

Interesting. Never realized, until you mentioned it, that the Ravens still use that template too. You'd think that both teams would have switched over by now since both had Color Rush options using the Vapor Fusion template. I know the Browns and Bucs couldn't switch because they were basically designed around the old template. Don't see any reason for any team to still use it. 

15 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

WTH? they can't even do a draft party so that is pretty dumb.

Probably a tweet that was set to a timer. El Paso Chihuahuas had there's go.out for their home opener last week. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

With the Browns now basically going the 'updated throwback' route, that marks the 7th time since 2009 a team has ditched new threads to basically do the same. It also follows a trend of Nike-fied looks not lasting very long:

2009 49ers (previous look lasted 13 years, wasn't Nike)

2011 Bills (previous look lasted 9 years, wasn't Nike)

2013 Vikings (previous look lasted 7 years, wasn't Nike)

2018 Jaguars (previous look lasted 5 years)

2019 Jets (previous look lasted 21 years, wasn't Nike)

2020 Buccaneers (previous look lasted 6 years)

2020 Falcons (previous look lasted 17 years, wasn't Nike)

2020 Browns (previous look lasted 5 years)

Doesn't say much about Nike's rebranding efforts, does it? It's likely in 2025 I can add the Falcons to this list after they "listen to the fans" and go back their 80s or 90s look.

9 minutes ago, Bluefalcon said:

With the Browns now basically going the 'updated throwback' route, that marks the 7th time since 2009 a team has ditched new threads to basically do the same. It also follows a trend of Nike-fied looks not lasting very long:

2009 49ers (previous look lasted 13 years, wasn't Nike)

2011 Bills (previous look lasted 9 years, wasn't Nike)

2013 Vikings (previous look lasted 7 years, wasn't Nike)

2018 Jaguars (previous look lasted 5 years)

2019 Jets (previous look lasted 21 years, wasn't Nike)

2020 Buccaneers (previous look lasted 6 years)

2020 Falcons (previous look lasted 17 years, wasn't Nike)

2020 Browns (previous look lasted 5 years)

Doesn't say much about Nike's rebranding efforts, does it? It's likely in 2025 I can add the Falcons to this list after they "listen to the fans" and go back their 80s or 90s look.

fingers crossed the jets do as well...

Archived