miltonANDlumbergh

Los Angeles Angels Update

Here's a thought... what if you rendered the sleeve piping in gold with blue trim on the home and away; and gold with white trim on the alts?

Essentially, you'd be mimicking the halo on the jersey and making "halos" on the sleeves.

Here's the complete package with all the pieces in place. I read your halo piping comment and loved it, so I went back and implemented it. The sleeve piping now matches the halos in each jersey's sleeve logo halo, as well as hat logo halo. Enjoy:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Damn, that looks even better than I was expecting.  I think it does wonders for the color balance and prevents them from being another RWB team.

This has turned into a really outstanding update for the Angels. Love everything you’ve done so far! A few suggestions:

1. Someone previously suggested rounded numbers to match the scripts. I’m curious how that would look.

2. For the red alt, could you invert the colors on the “a” crest so that it’s navy like the numbers?

8 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

This has turned into a really outstanding update for the Angels. Love everything you’ve done so far! A few suggestions:

1. Someone previously suggested rounded numbers to match the scripts. I’m curious how that would look.

2. For the red alt, could you invert the colors on the “a” crest so that it’s navy like the numbers?

Thanks. It might be hard to see, but the numbers are rounded on the appropriate spots. I can definitely try the red jersey idea.

I like it, but I think the numbers should be in a font that somewhat matches the "angels" font.

Better than what they wear now, though (the current ones have too much red IMO)

Here is the final version with the newly created jersey numbering and edits to the red alt:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Since the "angels" lettering is drawn from scratch, I am now working on finishing the custom jersey numbering. I took a block numbering font, rounded the corners, and added the custom serifs. From there I can now create the 0-9 font.

This is so great. It fixes everything I don’t like about the Halos’ current set (the red on red, the starting-to-look-outdated beveling) and is clearly an update of an older look but still manages to look modern and fresh. Love it!

EDIT: I still think the red alt would look better if the “a” and the numbers were navy with a white outline. The current version is a little too Cardinals.

miltonANDlumbergh As much as i like the Angels current look, i believe you should send this to them as a possible next logo/uniform change!

This turned out really nice, excellent job. I think the halo sleeve piping is incredible. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the white a in the last set, doesn't seem to fit in with the others.

I'll do a red version with inverted "a" colored navy with white outlines.