Buffalo Sabres Alt Concept

prrams95

Recently I've been drawing a lot of Hockey players, doing a full history of a particular players uniforms. While doing Jack Eichel's, even though he hasn't played a game in these yet, I drew the new Royal blue uniforms they will wear for next season. While doing so I had an idea for an Alternate Uniform. So the first two pictures are of the Home and Away set they will wear this coming season and the final is of the Alternate concept I removed white from the color pool and using the 2018 Winter classic Shoulder patch logo as the main crest, It comes off as a Faux throwback. I wanted them to be seen as a whole Set. If you'd like to my uniform projects, I post them on twitter @JaredGrubbs

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

pittsburghbanner.jpg

I found the concept on your Twitter and it looks great!

However, the images aren't showing up properly in this post. I'm seeing the warning: "imgbb.com Image not found". You might want to try hosting on Imgur, that seems to be the most reliable.

19 minutes ago, jwinters said:

I found the concept on your Twitter and it looks great!

However, the images aren't showing up properly in this post. I'm seeing the warning: "imgbb.com Image not found". You might want to try hosting on Imgur, that seems to be the most reliable.

Oh crap, they are showing up for me. Thanks for the heads up

pittsburghbanner.jpg

They're showing up now!

One thing I noticed: Maybe it's just the way the jersey is folded at the bottom front, but it looks like in your illustration of the away jersey, the hem striping is blue/yellow/blue, like the arms, whereas on the actual jersey, it's yellow/blue/yellow (e.g. see here). That being said, I would prefer if the striping were consistent across the arms and hem, as you have it already.

8 minutes ago, jwinters said:

They're showing up now!

One thing I noticed: Maybe it's just the way the jersey is folded at the bottom front, but it looks like in your illustration of the away jersey, the hem striping is blue/yellow/blue, like the arms, whereas on the actual jersey, it's yellow/blue/yellow (e.g. see here). That being said, I would prefer if the striping were consistent across the arms and hem, as you have it already.

Someone noticed that on twitter and let me know already. What happen was there was so many fan concepts out online that when I was referencing the new uniforms i accidentally found a fan edit and not the official photo. It is weird they changed the striping to be less consistent 

pittsburghbanner.jpg

Archived