NFL Uniform Concepts | Texans added (2/2)

Brave-Bird 08

Brave Bird Creative's NFL, Re-Imagined

Hello CCSLC'ers. I want to welcome you back into the fold of my NFL project that I've been working on, honestly on and off over the last several years. Instead of just tossing concepts onto the boards in image links, I wanted to take the opportunity to use the correct platforms to unveil an entire project as I ramp up an individual portfolio. Since being gracefully laid off due to the pandemic, I have had a lot of time on my hands to refresh and refine some ideas and get the creative juices flowing. This post will serve as an index for the concepts in this thread. Let's get started!

---

Concept guidelines: Each NFL concept in this thread follows some guidelines similar to the real NFL uniform protocols. Each team must have a single helmet shell and can rotate three separate jerseys. Pant options are unlimited and facemasks can be changed on a weekly basis (though teams are encouraged to wear their primary helmet from the style guide).

---

9/24 update: From here on, I am going to link the latest concept post into the jersey box that will be pinned in this post, so it's easier for you guys to navigate as this thread gets longer. As well, I am going through to tonight to thread out some of the excess in the Dribbble posts, so you may see some of the existing concepts unavailable for a few moments. 

---

393a7f14f15aef753e574936727a9582.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750

(Jump to Texas concept)

---

NFL Re-Imagined | Baltimore Ravens (1/32) jerseyedits branding nike lamar jackson ravens baltimore redesign concepts uniform nflNFL Re-Imagined | Green Bay Packers (2/32) sports design rebranding rebrand jerseyedits jerseys redesign nfl concept uniform green bay packers green bayNFL Re-Imagined | Miami Dolphins (3/32) rebrand branding graphic design nike jerseyedits jerseys miami dolphins miami concepts uniform nflNFL Re-Imagined | Tennessee Titans (4/32) design sports design redesign. jerseyedits nike titans tennessee titan redesign concept branding redesign uniform nflNFL Re-Imagined | Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5/32) rebrand design football jerseyedits jerseys nike buccaneers tampa bay concepts uniform nflNFL Re-Imagined | Denver Broncos (6/32) football concept rebrand sports design redesign branding jerseyedits nike denver broncos denver concepts uniform nfl6bf0d69cdd1afe1694209baf536cc7af.png3ed1a163b1a78ad9ad8690faa6687b38.pngNFL Re-Imagined | New Orleans Saints jerseyedits jersey redesign. rebrand football nike nfl redesign concept uniform saints new orleansNFL Re-Imagined | Indianapolis Colts rebrand jerseyedits jersey nike colts indianapolis concepts uniform nfl design nfl uniformd5614333a749a92b65e67cb9026258fd.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750f2d9563016810d2a18559e2ae6ac8dba.png?compress=1&resize=1000x750

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I quite like the sleeve designs, but the numbers feel really awkward. I think I get where you going with them but they are just to much, IMO. I think the design works better in the Pants stripe than the numbers. Overall pretty good. Excited to see the rest of the series

pittsburghbanner.jpg

I think the font here is great! totally suits the Ravens.

For the uniform design, I think it's got a lot of nice ideas. The helmet is great; with the deep purple the glow is restrained enough to work (unlike Jacksonville's old helmet.) The Maryland flag touches are solid.

However, here are some recolorations that would improve this, IMO.

For one, I think the shoulder numbers should match the front/back number, so no outline "ghosted" numbers. Also maybe try gold numbers on the home jersey, with the NoB in white instead... Not sure.

Most importantly, the wing. The idea and the design are great, but the yellow-heavy colors aren't working for me. I'd go with purple or flat black inside, keep the iridescent black, and go with a thin yellow outline and drop shadow (so that the feathers have thicker yellow next to them.) Also, regardless of the colors, I'd ditch the sleeve cap purple fill on the away, and maybe add it to the alt.

Overall, still a nice upgrade to the Ravens' look!

Thanks so much for the input! Also, I am making some adjustments to the uniform graphics to make them less cluttered and larger. If you come here in the next few moments and see any broken links, don't worry, updates getting pasted back into the post. Thanks for the patience.

EDIT: Those updates have been made. 

Love this look as a throwback, but the green and gold has been around for so long it feels sacrilegious to steer away from it. This set would look amazing in green and gold. Bringing back the kelly green would also be awesome. Looking forward to the rest of the series!

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

8 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Love this look as a throwback, but the green and gold has been around for so long it feels sacrilegious to steer away from it. This set would look amazing in green and gold. Bringing back the kelly green would also be awesome. Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Haha, I appreciate the feedback! Maybe I'll play around with it in green. But I will say, I am making a point to be sacrilegious with this project. A lot of the traditional uniforms will get shaken up, simply because I have noticed from years of skimming these boards that many of the NFL concepts (or concepts in general) are tweaks that, while they look nice 9 times out of 10, become redundant. Believe me, if I was in charge of the Packers in real life I would not go in this direction! 

Keep the primary blue uniform, as an alternate that recognizes the Lambeau years.  But just make a green version of that and the road uniform as your primary uniforms for the Packers.  I love what you've done here, but Packers-Bears never looks right when the Packers wear navy.

On that note, frankly, you could do away with the G for this.  Normally I would think of that as blasphemous, but the way you excecuted those number circles on the helmet just "works" and feels quintessentially Packers.  Doing it in green, but making the number circles the focus would be an awesome way to blend the Lambeau and Lombardi years.

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I know I may sound--in your words, sacrilegious--but why not try a dark teal, midnight blue hybrid(Think Eagles blue/green)? 

Oddly enough, the Pack apparently did wear a bluish green for a few years in the 50s, so it wouldn't be completely uncharted territory.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I can dig this; however, I feel like rounding out the yokes on the shoulders and making the collar the same color to go full 30s-40s would look a tad better.

As I adjust my glasses, I do have some problems with your abridged history of the Packers.  The Packers weren't a charter NFL club; they joined in 1921, the APFA's second season.  Also, the Packers have 13 league championships; 15 comes from counting both the NFL Championships and AFL-NFL World Championships in the 1966 and 1967 seasons which is redundant and inaccurate because the AFL-NFL World Championship was essentially a post-season exhibition game before it was firmly called the Super Bowl and represented the NFL championship after the NFL and AFL merged in 1970.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Archived