NFL Uniform Concepts | Texans added (2/2)

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the presentation of your concepts. I love the Ravens and Dolphins unis. Some critiques i have would be: 

Ravens - keep the number font but try the gold outline and shadow like the current numbers have.

Packers - Wonder what it would look like if you used the more traditional green and gold with the throwback style uniforms.

Dolphins - I would consider an orange third jersey with grey accent. i'm imagining Real Madrid 2013. i love the combo

Looking forward to the rest of the series!

I like the additional gray color to the Dolphins! But yeah that helmet still needs orange. Without it, the whole package doesn't pop as the present Dolphins design does. How about adding the orange as a water streak? you would only need two of them. One long "crescent-styled" line that goes from the top of the Dolphin's head to near the dorsal fin. The second similar orange line one would go from the far end fin to near the tail. If done right, the lines could give like a negative shaped football.

I'm sorry this might be a tough critique, but Pewter and orange really don't work that well together. I think straight up swapping orange for red here would make this concept much better. Outside of that I think the sword inspired design is a bit on the nose. But nothings going to really improve the original pewter look, so I like the different approach. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I am a big fan of most of your work but I have to agree with some of the comments on Tampa. This feels a lot like the job Nike did on the Browns only the Buccaneers edition. This is down to the stripes on the jersey coming in deep to the shadowed number font. The orange also feels a lot like the one the Browns used. 

The stripes themselves are also reminiscent of the Jets' new(ish) uni's. I do like the sword on the pants. 

Thanks for the comments! I went ahead and re-colored the concept in the current color scheme to give more of an in-real-life glimpse at the concept. As far as the direction I went, I always want to push the norms. For me, the challenge I gave myself from the beginning was to take both the orange and pewter and make them work, instead of trying to pick one theme over the other. As far as being compared to the Jets and Browns, I would definitely note that my series is in a vacuum, so while some things may compare to something in real life, I'm building around the idea that those existing elements for other teams are non-existent in this imagined NFL -- so the Jets sleeves don't exist, and the Browns well...I'll leave that up for suspense. 😉

EhlGR1RWkAAursg?format=jpg&name=medium

That update kinda reminds me of my Bucs concept years ago:

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/105653-nfl-mach-speed-concept-uniforms-done-in-paint/?do=findComment&comment=2578004

But mine's overly designed, while yours has a simpler design, by not going with a shoulder yoke of different color. So, two thumbs up from me to yours.

The original concept is not bad at all. For me, the shade of orange is getting close to red, not creamsicle orange.

13 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

(Follow this project on Dribbble)

9e9b956d476026de19423f2255695b3f.png3c04ec5a12d9e84ada43304e7c5ed277.png

e7444de459124f72892bf77049c23ed0.png373991942661063ad43b069b49e0f2ff.png

55dfc01f0cfcaa5a2c60522290d05baf.png1ac17b1fcbe74b085b11af49970f00ac.png

For the intent of this in a vaccum, I think you're close to ideal. Flip the color of the numbers on the road White and show off the Home Orange over White pants and I think you have a winner. I'd almost say to use a lighter shade of Orange, like Tennessee Orange, to pop better against the Pewter.

17 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Thanks for the comments! I went ahead and re-colored the concept in the current color scheme to give more of an in-real-life glimpse at the concept. As far as the direction I went, I always want to push the norms. For me, the challenge I gave myself from the beginning was to take both the orange and pewter and make them work, instead of trying to pick one theme over the other. As far as being compared to the Jets and Browns, I would definitely note that my series is in a vacuum, so while some things may compare to something in real life, I'm building around the idea that those existing elements for other teams are non-existent in this imagined NFL -- so the Jets sleeves don't exist, and the Browns well...I'll leave that up for suspense. 😉

EhlGR1RWkAAursg?format=jpg&name=medium

Totally fair on your comments re: feedback. This looks much better. I had zero issues with the number font had they just made them solid as opposed to the clock number styling. 

Great job!

I think yellow pants should be an option on the road, and their brown pants should have a yellow stripe instead of white. Otherwise I think this a great look, I've never seen something like this done before for the Broncos. I've always loved that color scheme too. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived