SSmith48's NFL Redesign: (20/32 - Jacksonville Jaguars)

SSmith48

12 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

On to the next team!

Team 11: New England Patriots

The Patriots received an updated look this offseason, but much more can be done to improve it. The helmet now features a stripe and a navy facemask, helping the helmet to tie in more with the set. The jerseys feature reworked shoulder stripes, and a new number font, reminiscent of the team's wordmark. Silver pants return, along with a tweaked navy set, and the set is topped off with an eye-catching red color rush/alternate, that is sure to please those hoping for the return of the color.

4uSOpJY.png

Up Next: Stand on guard

I have two minor nitpicks:

1) I'd space the two digits in the "11" further apart.

2) I'd love to see two other players represented so that we see more of the font.

Other than that, I LOVE THE PATRIOTS' LOOK!

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

I have two minor nitpicks:

1) I'd space the two digits in the "11" further apart.

2) I'd love to see two other players represented so that we see more of the font.

Other than that, I LOVE THE PATRIOTS' LOOK!

Since you have eliminated white on the other jerseys, any thoughts on a silver jersey instead of a white one? I'm not sure if it would look good but I am curious how it might fit. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Since you have eliminated white on the other jerseys, any thoughts on a silver jersey instead of a white one? I'm not sure if it would look good but I am curious how it might fit. 

I actually like that idea, as well. Maybe lighten the silver on all applications to increase contrast between a silver and a colored jersey.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

9 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

9 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

I actually like that idea, as well. Maybe lighten the silver on all applications to increase contrast between a silver and a colored jersey.

I decided on a few options incorporating these ideas. One replaces silver with white, while the other includes a silver jersey. I think I still prefer my original concept, mainly because there are just too many strictly blue/red teams in professional sports, and the silver jersey probably isn't NFL approved. And lightening the silver would take away from its presence in the set.

UIRjBwj.png

cgpSgh5.png

Next up, we have a familiar design!

Team 12: Washington Warriors (formerly (Washington Football Team))

I won't go into too much detail about this look since I have posted this team previously on the boards here. I all have done here is move the design to a new template. For those of you who haven't seen this yet, its a look that blends modern design with traditional elements, and a look that aims to capture a monumental look befitting of the US capitol city.

5YultEs.png

Up Next: Bring out the cheeseheads!

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I could be alone on an island on this but I kind of like that silver Patriots jersey. There's enough contrast in the silver and the navy/red that they balance out nicely. Either way, it all looks good. Far from a Pats fan but I'd be happy to see them lose in those jerseys. At least they'd go out looking good.

Team 13: Green Bay Packers

A team with around a century of history, the Packers were a hard team to redesign. There isn't a ton I wanted to change, but I did want to add some new additions to the look. The jerseys now have wordmarks on the chest, and the collar striping has been eliminated along with an upgrade to the Vapor Untouchable template. The white pants that were featured with the team's color rush now become part of the primary rotation (however gold pants will still be the overwhelming go-to choice). The last part is a fun color rush/fauxback to the team's 50's era, complete with kelly green and gold color scheme, and a kelly green decaled helmet.

w7wYwFL.png

Up Next: Too many purple puns to choose from!

spacer.png

My personal preferences aside, they look like the Packers; so good on that.  I'm just not sure there's such a demand from the fanbase to see 1950s-style uniforms as many of the designers on this forum seem to want.  That wasn't an era that fans particularly want to remember.

The big thing that’s bothering me here is that the white pants stripe is different from the white uniforms stripe. Personally, I’d say the pant stripes are better than the uniforms stripes, so I’d adopt those to the shoulders. As for the rest of it, I don’t really have an opinion on the alternate and I’m so so on the addition of the wordmark. All in all though, it’s an upgrade, not the best the pack has ever looked but better than what they wear now.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'm looking at reworking the Packers, but in the meantime, let's head to a divisional rival.

Team 14: Minnesota Vikings

Another team that is quite nearly perfect, I simply tweaked a few things on the current uniforms. The pants stripe on the white pants has been tweaked to be more consistent with the purple set, and with the striping scheme as a whole, the helmet now has a purple facemask, the font has been simplified to eliminate the "horned" effect, and the wordmark coloring has been changed on the home jersey from yellow to white. I also decided to do something that will no doubt be divisive: a black alternate. Although black is not a huge part of the Vikings' color scheme, it has a small role in it, and given how good it looks with purple and gold, and how it really fits the whole Viking theme, I decided to see how it worked.

QJwiJXg.png

Next Up: Fly Eagles fly!

spacer.png

I think the white striping pattern should be swapped to match the current white pants. The yellow stripe gets lost on the white jerseys, and they would get lost on the white pants too if they’re touching white. 

I’m also not a huge fan of the black jersey. Something seems off. I do like the alternate helmet though!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

If anyone else has any ideas for the Vikings, let me know! In the meantime...

Team 15: Philadelphia Eagles

This is probably one of my favorite looks yet. I wanted to blend the team's current set and the Miracle at the Meadowlands-era uniforms. The midnight green and silver stays, as I think it is a very nice color scheme. The uniforms take the retro striping and blend it with modern logos and numbering. The set also features a silver color rush/alternate to add something new to the look.

fMbWUvX.png

Up Next: Light the torch!

spacer.png

That midnight green looks a bit blue, otherwise I'm a big fan, I really think silver and some shade of green is all the Eagles color scheme needs to be. 

As for the Vikings, my biggest issue is the black alt. It's confusing, why remove the only black they have in their current uniforms, the facemask, but yet make an entire black alt? I saw drop black from the uniforms entirely. The alt should take cues from their current alt. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 10/5/2020 at 10:22 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

That midnight green looks a bit blue, otherwise I'm a big fan, I really think silver and some shade of green is all the Eagles color scheme needs to be. 

As for the Vikings, my biggest issue is the black alt. It's confusing, why remove the only black they have in their current uniforms, the facemask, but yet make an entire black alt? I saw drop black from the uniforms entirely. The alt should take cues from their current alt. 

I wanted to give the Vikings something different than another purple uniform. It's difficult to come up with something for them, and I thought this would be a nice change of pace. I'll continue looking at different options.

Anyway, it's onto the newest relocated team!

Team 16: Las Vegas Raiders

I originally wanted to do something a bit more flashy for the Raiders (mainly add a splash of Vegas Gold), but I decided to simply stick to what works. All I did was change the facemask grey gray to black, and add a white outline to the home uniform numbers. I also added black pants that can be used for a "black hole" color rush/alternate, and as a nod to the rabid and loyal fanbase of the team.

ae70z2p.png

I also hope the new presentation style helps a bit with the visibility of some of the elements!

Up Next: The ONLY team that should be in LA.

spacer.png

Alright, moving on to the next team!

Team 17: Las Angeles Rams

The recent Rams update was very divisive, and attempted to polish the Ram's traditional aesthetic into a "designer uniform", which never fits a sport that it physical and gritty. In this case, I though simplicity was best. The color scheme is slightly changed with the bright royal blue being replaced with a slightly darker shade, and bone being completely eliminated. The iconic ram horn sleeve returns, but is simplified to fit on a smaller jersey. The font is still a rounded font., but something more interesting than what they have now. A yellow alternate returns, adding some more elements from the team's past. Everything that seemed too unnecessary such as gradients, wordmark patches, reflective number inlays, and so on, have been eliminated.

OVBa31g.png

Up Next: Keep Pounding

spacer.png

I'm not really feeling the banana logo on the sleeves or the stout number font. I'd put TV numbers there instead of on the shoulders. I could see the Card's current numbers working on these unis as they aren't exactly block but still have the modern look you're going for. I still think the horn should be continuous on the helmets, it was the Ram's most recognizalbe look for the majority of their existence and I don't think it makes sense to change it now for the sake of change. Whenever I watch them on Sundays, I think they look like robots. But besides those nitpicks, bravo!

50 minutes ago, rorinator said:

I'm not really feeling the banana logo on the sleeves or the stout number font. I'd put TV numbers there instead of on the shoulders. I could see the Card's current numbers working on these unis as they aren't exactly block but still have the modern look you're going for. I still think the horn should be continuous on the helmets, it was the Ram's most recognizalbe look for the majority of their existence and I don't think it makes sense to change it now for the sake of change. Whenever I watch them on Sundays, I think they look like robots. But besides those nitpicks, bravo!

All fair points, but I wanted to keep the horns they introduced for the reason that they "reclaimed" they originality they originally had back when they were first introduced. Over time, the ram horns became often copied. I think its a small enough change that it works, but it's also a change that is justified.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long absence on this thread, but a conversation back on the NFL season matchup topic happened to coincide with my next team, so without further adieu:

Team 18: Carolina Panthers

The Panthers have not changed their uniforms since their inception in the mid-90's, save for a logo upgrade and template changes, and as such I feel the uniforms have grown very dated. And for the mix-and-match look the team seems to be leaning toward, I wanted to give them a completely modernized and refreshed set. Silver is dropped from the scheme, as it has lost presence in the team's rotation, and the usage of blue is pushed a bit more. The matter black helmet features a slightly larger logo to mimic a Panther crawling out of the shadows. The set features a simple minimal claw design, based on the team's wordmark, and a new modern font to help play into the lines and angles of the logo and brand as a whole. All black is pushed as the team's primary, as the color scheme works with the mono-black and it makes sense, given the "predator out of the shadows" aesthetic I wanted to push.

OuciGm5.png

Up Next: Mile High Mania

spacer.png

17 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Sorry for the long absence on this thread, but a conversation back on the NFL season matchup topic happened to coincide with my next team, so without further adieu:

Team 18: Carolina Panthers

The Panthers have not changed their uniforms since their inception in the mid-90's, save for a logo upgrade and template changes, and as such I feel the uniforms have grown very dated. And for the mix-and-match look the team seems to be leaning toward, I wanted to give them a completely modernized and refreshed set. Silver is dropped from the scheme, as it has lost presence in the team's rotation, and the usage of blue is pushed a bit more. The matter black helmet features a slightly larger logo to mimic a Panther crawling out of the shadows. The set features a simple minimal claw design, based on the team's wordmark, and a new modern font to help play into the lines and angles of the logo and brand as a whole. All black is pushed as the team's primary, as the color scheme works with the mono-black and it makes sense, given the "predator out of the shadows" aesthetic I wanted to push.

OuciGm5.png

Up Next: Mile High Mania

P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N!

1pSfDq9.jpg

12 hours ago, pHiL Kizer said:

P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N!

1pSfDq9.jpg

I appreciate the kind words!

Now it's time for a team where every concept that has been done lately features some sort of color-rush throwback inspired design:

Team 19: Denver Broncos

I would be lying if I didn't say that I wish the Broncos would transition into a version of their current color rush set (sans orange pants) for a uniform redesign. Considering how popular a concept this is though, I needed to find a way to add some originality. The striping color is tweaked a bit and is now put into a chevron/peak on the shoulders, mimicking a mountain peak (it is Colorado after all). Along with a more traditional design across the board, and a navy alternate that can be paired with navy or white pants, all while keeping the team's modern logo and font (both of which I think still look good despite their age).

iq4lwCC.png

Up Next: We take a trip to Jaguar country!

spacer.png

Archived