Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

Return of the Pinstripes! Charlotte Hornets Unveil New Uniforms

Pinstripes Returning to Charlotte Hornets Uniforms?

August 25, 2020 - 18:10 PM

The Charlotte Hornets tweeted quite the teaser yesterday afternoon, one which has us wondering if the team is getting ready to announce a very welcome addition to their uniforms. With only three pairs of interested eyeballs as the message, the Hornets posted a photo showing a teal sky with a

Read More...

August 31, 2020 - 18:59 PM

I think we all can agree, the year 2020 has been just horrible. Historically bad. “You think you got it rough, kid? I lived through 2020!”, you’ll tell some no-good whippersnapper in 30 years. But in terms of new uniform releases, this year’s been one of the best (eh, except

Read More...

28 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

August 31, 2020 - 18:59 PM

I think we all can agree, the year 2020 has been just horrible. Historically bad. “You think you got it rough, kid? I lived through 2020!”, you’ll tell some no-good whippersnapper in 30 years. But in terms of new uniform releases, this year’s been one of the best (eh, except

Read More...

In 1997 they dropped the multi-coloured look for doubled up teal and white stripes which they wore until the team moved to New Orleans in 2002.

Unless I'm missing something, that sentence is not correct.

Warriors the leaders for Kevin Love?; Charlotte Hornets unveil new  uniforms: Around the NBA - oregonlive.com

Lot Detail - 1997-98 Del Curry GU Charlotte Hornets Jersey

And this comment from Kris Bazen, the Hornets Senior Director of Creative Services, is weird:

There are now black outlines on the numbers and wordmarks of the uniform

Every photo shows the outlines on the new uniforms are purple, not black. 

They're very indistinct though. Memories of grandmama and whatnot...to me when I think back to those uniforms at the time it's more the color than the pinstripes that I remember

And for some reason I recalled those stripes as popping out a bit more on the jerseys...but looking back...they didn't. And these really don't either. Also for some reason thought they went down to the shorts which they don't (and never did)

Those uni's were very much of that era. An MTV rock and jock softball vibe