2020 NBA Offseason

Digby

2 hours ago, QCS said:

Well, Houston and Washington essentially swapped two god-awful contracts with each other. I assume this means Harden will gone before the season starts as well?

If Harden isn't in Boston by the end of the week I'll be so disappointed. You could do a package of Harden for Kemba and others, though that wouldn't really make sense for either team. Still, if Houston would jump for Kemba plus a couple of Williamses and picks, Ainge should take it. Harden/Tatum/Brown/Smart/TT is a Finals roster.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Now watch Golden State find a way to panic swing a deal for Harden. 

(not sure why this screencap looks like I spilled coffee on it, but...) okay!

vhhkguK.png

If Golden State gets out of the Wiggins contract I'll scream

5knLcH2.png

Bye Klay!

pcu7gJM.png

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If Harden isn't in Boston by the end of the week I'll be so disappointed. You could do a package of Harden for Kemba and others, though that wouldn't really make sense for either team. Still, if Houston would jump for Kemba plus a couple of Williamses and picks, Ainge should take it. Harden/Tatum/Brown/Smart/TT is a Finals roster.

Honestly I thought it would have made more sense for the Celtics to go after Westbrook. 

Doubt a Harden trade is going to happen though. Ainge is too stingy for that and they seem committed with Kemba just have surgery on his knee. 

Celtics really need to take note from the Raptors and get a major player like they did with Kawhi Leonard. It's the only way they'll win with their core. 

• 2 weeks later...

So so so so dumb.

Best cast scenario for Simmons is he turns into James Harden-level talent. Yes, Simmons is younger but Harden has two, maybe three good years ahead of him and Embiid is ready now.

Harden and Embiid are an immediate ECF contender.

That seems like a crazy ask for a team that doesn't have any leverage, no?  I get the idea that AD got three firsts but there was a market for AD, or at least one team (LAL) that was under quite a bit of pressure to get him.  Is there a market for Harden right now?

IUe6Hvh.png

22 minutes ago, See Red said:

That seems like a crazy ask for a team that doesn't have any leverage, no?  I get the idea that AD got three firsts but there was a market for AD, or at least one team (LAL) that was under quite a bit of pressure to get him.  Is there a market for Harden right now?

I guess their leverage is "hey Sixers... we have the Nets on line 2... we're sending him there unless you budge".  Whether the Nets are actually on line 2 remains to be seen, but they could be using that threat as leverage.  From what I've read, the Sixers are better with Harden than they are with Simmons, but it's not night-and-day.  But if one of their rivals gets him, it could bury them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

23 minutes ago, See Red said:

The teams are Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Miami and Philly. So all of those teams both want him, but also don't want the other to get him.

Brooklyn would need to drop its entire young core plus picks. Miami the same. Milwaukee doesn't have the assets, at least not until they can trade Jrue.

Philly can trade star for star (Simmons for Harden). The other team that could do the same -- and I think would make sense to do so -- is LA. George for Harden improves both teams, and you might even be able to do that straight up without pick considerations.

Archived